Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread: Coaching carrousel has begun

1. UL Football Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Memphis's coach may be heading to FSU, so they'll be looking as well.
    FSU is a great gig. Jumbo Fisher left it in shambles. Poor Willie took over a bad deal. The Memphis coach will probably be a big success there. TAMU any better under Fisher? Not yet for sure.

Just how lucky can one school be. LSU wanted both the big Texas schools coaches. They settled and won the brass ring for sure with Orgeron.

Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    FSU is a great gig. Jumbo Fisher left it in shambles. Poor Willie took over a bad deal. The Memphis coach will probably be a big success there. TAMU any better under Fisher? Not yet for sure.

Just how lucky can one school be. LSU wanted both the big Texas schools coaches. They settled and won the brass ring for sure with Orgeron.
    Seems like there's a saying about better to be lucky than good. For LSU, it's better to be lucky than smart.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Housewives of oxford bout see why they call him the Lane Train .All aboard
    That would be one Bravo show I would watch with my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

FSU has a great history, but they have fallen very far behind in the facilities aspect and it's killing them. Always take it with a grain of salt, but after Jimbo lost at Clemson in 2016 and saw their facilities and what they were doing, he went back to FSU with many 'asks'. They weren't met and Sexton went to work. I think it was at that time that Jimbo mentally checked out of FSU. Doesn't make it right or excusable, but he knew he wasn't there for much longer.

The multi year contracts for assistants, the soon to be released CF updates, Dr Maggard's vision for future conference alignments are all things that will come to play into Coach Napier's decision.

Leaving a company/university isn't really that difficult, but leaving your co-workers at those places can be if you really enjoy it. That is what I think Dr Maggard has, and is, building. It seems to be an environment that folks feel really good about the people they are around and the job they are doing. Everyone pulling their own weight and going in the same direction.

Whether Coach Napier stays or goes, with that kind of environment, we will attract strong candidates.

If I were a betting man, Maggard secures raises for BN and staff. They all leave next year after running the table with LL being a senior QB leader. What Hud should have done when TB finished.

Many will want Reboe as replacement, but Maggard will again surprise us with another solid hire from the same tree.

6. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    If I were a betting man, Maggard secures raises for BN and staff. They all leave next year after running the table with LL being a senior QB leader. What Hud should have done when TB finished.
    You really zooming out on a limb right there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

Many will want Reboe as replacement, but Maggard will again surprise us with another solid hire from the same tree.
    What happens when Maggard leaves at the same time Napier does?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We go get the STM A.Dhe knows how to draw a crowd and make money

Not really concerned overall, I feel the powers that be has seen to progress, quit hiring bubbas and stick to the Alden map. My only concern would be DBE pulling a Blanco and stick his nose in the process. Besides, AD’s, unless dismissed, tend to move with fiscal year ends.

Gee. Mighty depressive view there

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    He will not be hear forever, lol.

12. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

He will not be hear forever, lol.
    Hopefully he at least makes the next football hire before he leaves.

I would think Alden would get quick call asap.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Call me dude!

I didn’t realize until today the AD at app state and maggard worked together at Mizzou

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread Information