Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread: Coaching carrousel has begun

1. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Plus he gets to live in our great city and eat some damn fine food. He may just retire here
    I can assure you, that is not going to happen.

Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    There was absolutely nothing crazy about that. The man had Nick and Dabo make calls for him to get the job. He wanted this job. He got this job. He is doing damn great at this job and most importantly, will leave us much better off because he took this job when he leaves. In reality, can't get no better than that for all involved.
    Most of what you said has nothing to do with the "crazy" things that had to transpire for him to get here in the first place. His HC got fired for going 7-5 and then the university decided to hire an ESPN commentator, all while at the same time we were just about to land Brent Pry but the deal had just fallen apart. Obv it all worked out, but we just got lucky everything fell the way it did.

3. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    Most of what you said has nothing to do with the "crazy" things that had to transpire for him to get here in the first place. His HC got fired for going 7-5 and then the university decided to hire an ESPN commentator, all while at the same time we were just about to land Brent Pry but the deal had just fallen apart. Obv it all worked out, but we just got lucky everything fell the way it did.
    Maybe, but we somehow messed up passing on a young Mac Brown. Maybe it’s just time for some good karma.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    That's my coach. (insert Terrell Owens' meme).

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    And there lies the quandary. Of the three current SEC openings, Ole Miss is the most attractive. But none of the three are Billy Napiers target programs in the SEC. In addition to that you may have another two openings in the SEC next season and one of them could be South Carolina. So why jump to the Ole Miss job when you turned down $2Mil to stay at UL and you aren't #1, #2 or #3 on their initial list? And then there are family considerations with moving his young family again after two short years.

You see, I have serious doubts that Ben Garrett is talking directly with Billy Napier's agent. In fact I'm willing to bet his information is coming from directly inside the Ole Miss program and they actually think they can hire any coach they want without delay. While I'm not saying Napier would not consider the job or even accept the position, I highly doubt he has played his hand as of yet. Frankly, he doesn't need to do it at this time.

This is what I have suspected all along. We will see what transpires next week.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

This is what I have suspected all along. We will see what transpires next week.
    Not saying he did or didn’t, but Napier wouldn’t have spoke to anyone at this point regardlessit would be his agent at this point

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Not saying he did or didn’t, but Napier wouldn’t have spoke to anyone at this point regardlessit would be his agent at this point
    Sure, and I've stated that several times. But it also tells me Garrett wasn't talking to anyone close to UL, including his agent. All his sources are with the Ole Miss program.

9. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Splitting hairs, coach speak. Agents in fact speak for their clients and are the equivalent of the client. I can’t think an agent would accept, negotiate or talk about without their clients full agreement.

Naturally the client has to give the final agreement. There have been a few cold feet syndrome in recent years. But in my book if your agent is taking it’s the same as you.

That tweet actually makes me more nervous

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    That tweet actually makes me more nervous
    Napier is likely smart enough to know that remaining focused on the task at hand, winning a championship, while all of this swirls around will only make him look better and more desirable to the kind of programs he would want to work for.

12. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Pry was coming here until Penn St, having already lost their OC did not want to also lose their DC. They went to work, provided more time and the Napier sequence developed to fruition.

Good sources were that Napier to Ole Miss was really progressing. Our AD went to work.

With a good AD and it being Ole Miss, apparently Maggard was able to make the pot across the board for Napier and staff juicy enough for Napier and staff to stay another year and wait for a better SEC opening next year.

Hope we dodged the bullet, cause the bullets are firing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Pry was coming here until Penn St, having already lost their OC did not want to also lose their DC. They went to work, provided more time and the Napier sequence developed to fruition.

Good sources were that Napier to Ole Miss was really progressing. Our AD went to work.

With a good AD and it being Ole Miss, apparently Maggard was able to make the pot across the board for Napier and staff juicy enough for Napier and staff to stay another year and wait for a better SEC opening next year.

Hope we dodged the bullet, cause the bullets are firing.

I know first hand that body armor is a great thing to have !!!

14. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

And more happenings that could affect the College Football Landscape

Jeff Tedford just resigned at Fresno State due to health reasons, this is interesting due to the fact that Tedford was 10-4 and 12-2 the following season, this year he slipped to 4-8 and resigned. With an overall 26-14 record at Fresno in 3 seasons, Fresno could be a really good opportunity for some coaches. Not saying Napier, but could open up plenty of moves beyond that.

Mizzou--Looks like Blake Anderson and Brian Harsin could be top candidates there.
    Fresno State--Indiana Offensive Coordinator Kalen DeBoer is a leading candidate
    Colorado State--Ohio State Asst Head Coach Tony Alford looks to be a possibility here
    Arkansas--Willie Fritz has been contacted about this job
    Boston College
    Florida State
    New Mexico
    Old Dominion
    Ole Miss-- Could this be a landing spot for Lane Kiffen or possibly Larry Fedora
    Rutgers--Greg Schiano has taken the job here
    South Florida--Steve Spurrier JR could be in the hunt here.
    UNLV--USC offensive coordinator Graham Harrel has interviewed
    UTSA
    Washington--Jimmy Lake has taken the job here. He was the assistant there.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    And more happenings that could affect the College Football Landscape

Jeff Tedford just resigned at Fresno State due to health reasons, this is interesting due to the fact that Tedford was 10-4 and 12-2 the following season, this year he slipped to 4-8 and resigned. With an overall 26-14 record at Fresno in 3 seasons, Fresno could be a really good opportunity for some coaches. Not saying Napier, but could open up plenty of moves beyond that.

Mizzou--Looks like Blake Anderson and Brian Harsin could be top candidates there.
    Fresno State--Indiana Offensive Coordinator Kalen DeBoer is a leading candidate
    Colorado State--Ohio State Asst Head Coach Tony Alford looks to be a possibility here
    Arkansas--Willie Fritz has been contacted about this job
    Boston College
    Florida State
    New Mexico
    Old Dominion
    Ole Miss-- Could this be a landing spot for Lane Kiffen or possibly Larry Fedora
    Rutgers--Greg Schiano has taken the job here
    South Florida--Steve Spurrier JR could be in the hunt here.
    UNLV--USC offensive coordinator Graham Harrel has interviewed
    UTSA
    Washington--Jimmy Lake has taken the job here. He was the assistant there.
    Memphis's coach may be heading to FSU, so they'll be looking as well.

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread Information