Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread: Coaching carrousel has begun

Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Many of the coaches, including Napier, have young children. I know the coaching profession is transient but I do not believe Napier wants to move every 2 years if he has a choice. Remember he was at Alabama, then Arizona State for a year and now UL for 2 years. Napier is a different animal. He is in this for the long haul. Napier is not a showman but is measured and calculated in everything he does. We have validated that his coaching philosophy works. I think he would like to complete his vision and see how far it goes.

2. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Many of the coaches, including Napier, have young children. I know the coaching profession is transient but I do not believe Napier wants to move every 2 years if he has a choice. Remember he was at Alabama, then Arizona State for a year and now UL for 2 years. Napier is a different animal. He is in this for the long haul. Napier is not a showman but is measured and calculated in everything he does. We have validated that his coaching philosophy works. I think he would like to complete his vision and see how far it goes.
    Besides, he does not cut all his freshmen, right?

But coaches are prepared for this lifestyle. Even a bad situation can set some of these coaches up for life. I like to hope that Napier is above more money than he can imagine, but I would not blame him for throwing it all away for it. Make hay while the sun shines. No one is above stupid money.just not Memphis money.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    But coaches are prepared for this lifestyle. Even a bad situation can set some of these coaches up for life. I like to hope that Napier is above more money than he can imagine, but I would not blame him for throwing it all away for it. Make hay while the sun shines. No one is above stupid money.just not Memphis money.
    I agree. If SEC money is thrown at Napier he would almost have to take it if he feels it fits within his coaching master plan. I don't see him going to Memphis, Tulane, etc. just for more money. All I am saying is that I believe Napier has many other considerations other than money.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Where will he go be an associate AD again?

There is only 1 job opened right now and that's cincy
    Dunno Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Elmer Fudd to ole miss. Yeosimite Sam to Memphis.
    If that's the case I'll definitely be watching that game next seasonthat's all folks .

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    If that's the case I'll definitely be watching that game next seasonthat's all folks .
    Basin You get it

Exactly and had he wanted to just double his salary, he could have returned to Alabama as the OC this year and get paid over $2 mil per season. That is why I'm not worried about G5 jobs like Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Multi year deals for assistants is interesting. Despite our attendance issues, it appears we do have folks stepping up support. I heard today the team banquet set for Sunday afternoon is sold out. That costs either 800 bucks per table or 50 per person. Also, some donors are footing the bill for the extra night of lodging on the trip to App. Finally, I have heard we won't lose money on any bowl we are in due to donor support. Those are all encouraging developments.
    All HUGE developments Mike.

I have no sources but I'd be willing to bet there a forces working behind the scene big time. The lead magician is Dr. MAGGARD himself.And maybe, just maybe our donors are buying in 100 % on what very well could be.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Boomer, Grant, and any other prayer warriors out there. It's time to throw down with some Rosaries or a couple of Novenas. Let's bring him home.

12. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I have no sources but I'd be willing to bet there a forces working behind the scene big time. The lead magician is Dr. MAGGARD himself.And maybe, just maybe our donors are buying in 100 % on what very well could be.
    I would do Novenas and Rosaries as opposed to betting if I were you.

Napier is old school thereby loyalty is big part of his makeup. Napier is very loyal to his staff. Smart move by Maggart to give the assistant coaches some security. I don't feel money is the big issue here from Napier's standpoint. We have to make Napier comfortable here so that he stays until his dream job opens up. Napier feels a sense of loyalty to his players, especially the ones he sat in living rooms last year where they bought into his plans for UL. I think Napier wants to be loyal to UL because we gave him a chance to implement and build a football program according to his vision. All we have to do is make his situation comfortable for him and take care of the the things he feels are important. I do not believe his salary is the top of that list and Maggart knows it.
    Maggard, no "T" at the end.

14. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Maggard, no "T" at the end.
    When you are Bankrupt, it ends with a T.

I’ll do some Chaplets.

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread Information