Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread: Coaching carrousel has begun

Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Ole Miss has to make a splash hire. Could see a bidding war with Arkansas for Kiffin, Kelly or the like.

2. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

I'm just ____ed this Football Scoop guy besmirched my good name.which happens to also be Zack Barnett.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Sure and that's who is doing most of the talking with AD's right now. No coach that is playing in a championship game this weekend is going to have direct contact with another school's AD until after this weekend. It's all filtered through the agent right now.
    So, who's the "sources"? Agent? Ole Miss AD? Both? I can see the AD because he's trying to get an advantage of recruits committing to us. The agent? I can't see the benefit on his part because if nothing happens, he has to deal with the current administration come negotiations time and I'm sure that won't be forgotten. And this doesn't just pertain to our situation but all universities in this position. I'm just trying to grasp it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    So, who's the "sources"? Agent? Ole Miss AD? Both? I can see the AD because he's trying to get an advantage of recruits committing to us. The agent? I can't see the benefit on his part because if nothing happens, he has to deal with the current administration come negotiations time and I'm sure that won't be forgotten. And this doesn't just pertain to our situation but all universities in this position. I'm just trying to grasp it.
    How about we go the political route. Someone in the deep state was contacted by an App State operative to start a rumor about Napier leaving to cause a distraction for UL. Yeah, that's the ticket.

5. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    How about we go the political route. Someone in the deep state was contacted by an App State operative to start a rumor about Napier leaving to cause a distraction for UL. Yeah, that's the ticket.
    That dog don’t hunt - their coach is on many of the rumor lists also.

6. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    As long as BN is winning at a high level, Maggard has amnesia about possible defection to another school. If, highly unlikely, he quits winning at a high level too bad for BN regardless of memory.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Was 3 mill+ before the last extension
    Looks like $2 mil before end of the calendar year 2019. $1.25m next year. Starting on page 111

https://s25260.pcdn.co/wp-content/up.st-22-2019.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    That footballscoop stuff was a non story.

Maggard has a contingency plan? So does every AD in America worth his salt. In fact, every good AD always has names in EVERY sport for when something opens under his watch.
    Completely agree. There was nothing firm in that article at all. "He has been talked about for Ole Miss!" and "He may go to Memphis if Norvell leaves - here's the salary difference!" Purely speculation

9. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

So now is the lack of fan dollars hurting us. We’re needing more money from the big money guys. Can’t see us going up a million much less two. Everyone needs to remember that BN gave up some additional cash for himself. Those dollars went to his staff. I’m still convinced he’s looking for the right SEC job or a P5 that gives him the best chance to get the right job.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Looks like $2 mil before end of the calendar year 2019. $1.25m next year. Starting on page 111

https://s25260.pcdn.co/wp-content/up.st-22-2019.pdf
    That makes the salary difference at Memphis moot. He ain't going to Fedex U.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So now is the lack of fan dollars hurting us. We’re needing more money from the big money guys. Can’t see us going up a million much less two. Everyone needs to remember that BN gave up some additional cash for himself. Those dollars went to his staff. I’m still convinced he’s looking for the right SEC job or a P5 that gives him the best chance to get the right job.
    With his pedigree and prospects.it would be wise to make the smart choice. What that doesn't account for is a team getting desperate and throwing obscene money at him. Obscene money could make a bad decision.set him up for life. At his age.he can come back from that. Memphis won't come with obscene money. Ole Miss might.

12. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Very few have reached a P5 failed and ended up with a top tier job. Pretty much an never ending upward trajectory.

Just enjoy the ride if he leaves he leaves and hopefully we can get the next great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Just enjoy the ride if he leaves he leaves and hopefully we can get the next great guy.
    With the way thing are, I'm worried we won't. Maggard tweet before the last game leads me to be worried.

15. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

What did he tweet that’s got U worried

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread Information