Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread: Coaching carrousel has begun

Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    No destination has been mentioned as 100% happening. However, this is the difference between an AD and someone that would be at the corner bar saying " Woe is me". A contingency plan in place. It's this kind of management is why I trust Maggard's decisions, even if a decision is unpopular.

So can anyone tell me what is Napier’s buyout?

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    There's a new one every hour, which leads me to believe there is a ton of speculation going on and not very much substance.

https://247sports.com/Article/Larry-.SEC-139835236/

"The coaching carousel is starting to heat up in the college football world, and former North Carolina coach and current Texas analyst Larry Fedora is the latest name to be thrown into it.

According to Brad Logan of the Clarion Ledger, Fedora is a name being mentioned for the opening at Ole Miss after the school fired Matt Luke on Sunday night."

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    No destination has been mentioned as 100% happening. However, this is the difference between an AD and someone that would be at the corner bar saying " Woe is me". A contingency plan in place. It's this kind of management is why I trust Maggard's decisions, even if a decision is unpopular.
    This!

5. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This!
    ✔️

Napier going to Ole Miss

And

Maggard going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    ✔️

Napier going to Ole Miss

And

Maggard going to work.
    No

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    So can anyone tell me what is Napier’s buyout?
    I don't remember the exact details, but I believe it was just north of $2M.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Well I don't see how he'd end up back as a coordinator unless he wasn't a good coach. Memphis has a good program and is clearly investing in their coaches more than any other G5 team. If you don't think he can be successful there and then parlay that into a SEC gig then you must not have confidence in him as a coach.

I'm not saying he'll take that job over an SEC gig. But if he can make 200% more money for a year or two and then get that SEC job then I don't see why he wouldn't take it. Like you all said, it's a lateral move. However, that lateral move is paying way more.
    It’s a basketball school, trying to be a big boy in football. They will regress as a program, regardless of the coach. It’s the natural order of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I don't remember the exact details, but I believe it was just north of $2M.
    Was 3 mill+ before the last extension

10. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    It’s a basketball school, trying to be a big boy in football. They will regress as a program, regardless of the coach. It’s the natural order of things.
    Norvell seems to be in a pretty damn good position with that stepping stone.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    As of yesterday, he had not been contacted as per a major RCAF donor. I have no reason to doubt that person unless you got something new?
    I’m just asking a simple question. I’m not part of the in the know crowd.

12. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I’m just asking a simple question. I’m not part of the in the know crowd.
    Yes, you just looking to run with it 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Norvell seems to be in a pretty damn good position with that stepping stone.
    That’s I’m thinking.

If you’re looking for elevation to a Top 10 program, Memphis may be a better opportunity that Ole Miss. Ole Miss is an almost no-win situation because they’re not going to beat Bama and LSU at this point. Your best hope is a season with 2 losses.

Memphis.go undefeated, NY6, and have Bama looking your way as Saban looks at retirement in a year or two. Or Texas after they fire Herman.

14. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    That’s I’m thinking.

If you’re looking for elevation to a Top 10 program, Memphis may be a better opportunity that Ole Miss. Ole Miss is an almost no-win situation because they’re not going to beat Bama and LSU at this point. Your best hope is a season with 2 losses.

Memphis.go undefeated, NY6, and have Bama looking your way as Saban looks at retirement in a year or two. Or Texas after they fire Herman.
    Now that’s what I call running with it 😏

I can see both sides of this argument:

Side 1: Coach Napier has limited experience as a head coach and it would be a huge risk to take a chance on him for my P5 opening.

Side 2: The current crop of available coaches are either too expensive or old retreads that inspire the fanbase. Napier has the pedigree and affordability that make him very attractive.

For side 2 to work, the AD has to have that mindset, as well as it being a place that is attractive to Coach Napier.

The odds of side 1 happening are higher than side 2, maybe 70/30 or something like that.

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread Information