Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: Coaching carrousel has begun

Default Re: Billy Napier on Missouri List?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    I understand your point T, but I feel recruits are more likely to see this information on the internet, via espn etc. versus the fan board.
    They are seeing it on social media for certain, but they are also seeing rumors for other coaches like Fritz at Tulane, Norvell at Memphis, Anderson at Astate, Harsin at Boise State and others. I would think if the rumors start to affect recruiting, Coach Napier will make a statement after the championship game with the first day of the signing period approaching on Dec. 18th. I just don't like pouring fuel on the fire at this point.

2. Default Re: Billy Napier on Missouri List?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    They are seeing it on social media for certain, but they are also seeing rumors for other coaches like Fritz at Tulane, Norvell at Memphis, Anderson at Astate, Harsin at Boise State and others. I would think if the rumors start to affect recruiting, Coach Napier will make a statement after the championship game with the first day of the signing period approaching on Dec. 18th. I just don't like pouring fuel on the fire at this point.
    Some people just got to get their post in.

Default Re: Billy Napier on Missouri List?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Some people just got to get their post in.
    Pretend green dot heading your way ( ahhh the old days lol)

Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

T&P to whomever hires Kiffin!

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    T&P to whomever hires Kiffin!
    Arkansas will hire Kiffin if they whiff on Matt Campbell from Iowa St.

Campbell is going to require $5-6M per year with 5 years guaranteed. Plus huge buyout.

Kiffin will take half that and already supposedly has a staff in place if the offer comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Arkansas will hire Kiffin if they whiff on Matt Campbell from Iowa St.

Campbell is going to require $5-6M per year with 5 years guaranteed. Plus huge buyout.

Kiffin will take half that and already supposedly has a staff in place if the offer comes in.
    Matt Campbell is staying at Iowa state. He just signed an extension yesterday.

7. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    I think it was on the Tulane board that their coach will interview for both MISSU AND ARK!

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    That is to protect ISU.

I think he stays put as well, but that contact was negotiated to make ISU some money.

I think they will end up with Kiffin.

9. UL Football Re: Billy Napier on Missouri List?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    All we can do is have the coaches be aggressive and remind the recruits that in G5 your coach is either being considered or is on thin ice. Neither is more likely to keep the current coach. So they’d best go with the guy most wanted, he’s developing players and surrounding them with a great group.

My prodections

FSU- Stoops / Norvell

Ole Miss- Norvell /Mike MacIntyre

Ark- Joey Freshwater

Mizzou- Fritz

BC- Fickell / Will Healy

Tulane- Skip Holtz / Bill Clark

Memphis -Kendal Briles / Blake Anderson

Didn’t read all 11 pages. Did anyone bring up this.

https://247sports.com/college/ole-mi.yre-139697830/

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post

And that was one of the main points of Ben Garrett's interview the other day. I guess the tone caught me off guard.

Here's another thought: There is an extremely high chance with what we have returning to have another 9-12 win season next year. Saban is 68 and has lost 3 games in 2019. If I am Napier, I would have to heavily consider that if you took Ole Miss this year, then Alabama would definitely be off the table if Saban retired at the end of next year. Let's say Napier would not be the choice for Bama, he would at least be a leading contender for whoever left to fill Saban's role.

But bottom of the SEC is still a big ole bag of money for the few years until they fire you and find someone new.

This was reported that Napier was being interviewed for the ole miss job this week.

https://thespun.com/sec/mississippi/.cott-chip-long

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information