Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread: Coaching carrousel has begun

Default Re: Hard Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I Agree with that. However I do think if support does not improve in 2020, he may take a lower level job than we may currently think he has interest in. I do think support improves next year. For one thing, we will have only one Thanksgiving time game. Also, the momentum from the strong finish will carry into off season.
    It's a risk for him as well as Dr. Maggard. In any case, I wouldn't blame either. But from my understanding, he has 3 specific programs he would like to coach on the P5 level right now. I don't see him taking a longer route by choosing a program that doesn't have the resources to allow him to compete consistently in the Top 15.

Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The name that is being floated around is Franklin. Now whether or not they can buy him out and win a bidding war against Penn State is another matter.
    Franklin asked for 8 mill from FSU They would owe 35 mill in just buyout money for Franklin and Taggart

3. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Franklin asked for 8 mill from FSU They would owe 35 mill in just buyout money for Franklin and Taggart
    >Just thinking that Nap has been in a the ACC, SEC, PAC12, BELT, and I guess a few more!.got to have met a few folkes along the way that would give a reference!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Taggart was bought out already I thought?

Big deal, Napier is on a list. He's not going anywhere this year, and probably not next, imo. This years attendance means nothing whether he stays or not and it's silly trying to make like it does. He's building a program, like he said he wanted too. I believe him at this point and no reason to not take him at his word.
    Geaux UL!

Yes, his agent is definitely doing his job in concerns of SEC openings.
    If anything, he'll get a big fat raise and higher incentives out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    Real talk, Miami Dolphins have coach O as their front runner.
    Oh man this would be classic.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    If anything, he'll get a big fat raise and higher incentives out of this.
    Well, the drums are pounding today according to 103.7 if you didn't happen to hear it at 5:45. BL interviewed Ben Garrett of the Ole Miss Spirit. He sounded adamant about Billy Napier if Norvell doesn't go to Ole Miss and it didn't bode well for us. CBS Sportsline released the odds of which coach will be Ole Miss' next HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    Well, the drums are pounding today according to 103.7 if you didn't happen to hear it at 5:45. BL interviewed Ben Garrett of the Ole Miss Spirit. He sounded adamant about Billy Napier if Norvell doesn't go to Ole Miss and it didn't bode well for us. CBS Sportsline released the odds of which coach will be Ole Miss' next HC.
    Well what that tells me is Ole Miss is getting turned down by #1, #2 and #3. But you won't hear Ben Garrett admit to the fact that Norvell and others have turned the Ole Miss job down before you get to Billy Napier. It's the best opportunity in the SEC of the current job openings, but hardly a Top 10 job in the country. If he wants to build his resume there, I wish him luck. But only after he wins the SBC championship and the NO Bowl. Until Dr. Maggard is contacted, we have other matters to be concerned with beginning with a game Saturday.

Well what that tells me is Ole Miss is getting turned down by #1, #2 and #3. But you won't hear Ben Garrett admit to the fact that Norvell and others have turned the Ole Miss job down before you get to Billy Napier. It's the best opportunity in the SEC of the current job openings, but hardly a Top 10 job in the country. If he wants to build his resume there, I wish him luck. But only after he wins the SBC championship and the NO Bowl. Until Dr. Maggard is contacted, we have other matters to be concerned with beginning with a game Saturday.
    Amen. That kind of rumors, speculation, hear say has got old. Fast. Our coach is a hot commodity. Shocked face insert.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I'm sure jerry Jones will pony up lol God knows he got the $$$$$$$$
    Jones, Tyson, several Waldens.

12. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    Don't worry Crowley. There are several things that have to be done before Napier can be interviewed and none of them have taken place.

Default Re: Billy Napier on Missouri List?

Then you are missing the point. Transfer rules or not, we shouldn't be aiding other program's staffs efforts in repeating rumors that our head coach is in consideration for other jobs and could be gone soon. These are preliminary list put out by the media to generate interest from their audiences. I understand that his name will continue to come up because he is a very good young coach. But people should also understand how the game of recruiting is played, specifically when we are fighting against our past.
    I understand your point T, but I feel recruits are more likely to see this information on the internet, via espn etc. versus the fan board.

I think the Chad Morris fiasco at Arkansas will play into these coaching hires as well. Similar to Napier, Morris had one good season at SMU and was the next big thing. He wasn't ready to coach in the SEC. Napier is not a safe hire yet and unless some AD is desperate, his time has not yet come.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    I think the Chad Morris fiasco at Arkansas will play into these coaching hires as well. Similar to Napier, Morris had one good season at SMU and was the next big thing. He wasn't ready to coach in the SEC. Napier is not a safe hire yet and unless some AD is desperate, his time has not yet come.
    spot on.

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread Information