Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread: Coaching carrousel has begun

1. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The name that is being floated around is Franklin. Now whether or not they can buy him out and win a bidding war against Penn State is another matter.
    Franklin to FSU
    Moorehead to PSU
    Orlando to MSU
    Briles to Ole (P)iss
    Norvell to Mizzou
    No clue on Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Then you are missing the point. Transfer rules or not, we shouldn't be aiding other program's staffs efforts in repeating rumors that our head coach is in consideration for other jobs and could be gone soon. These are preliminary list put out by the media to generate interest from their audiences. I understand that his name will continue to come up because he is a very good young coach. But people should also understand how the game of recruiting is played, specifically when we are fighting against our past.
    Being we can’t and shouldn’t stop these coaching discusssions, I have an idea.start a thread of all of our competitors whose coaches AREN’T being sought after because they suck! Hey recruits, you REALLY want to play for a coach that no other athletic department deems worthy of consideration?!?!

3. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Being we can't and shouldn't stop these coaching discusssions, I have an idea.start a thread of all of our competitors whose coaches AREN'T being sought after because they suck! Hey recruits, you REALLY want to play for a coach that no other athletic department deems worthy of consideration?!?!
    So I guess you would start it with Coach Oeaux?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If we have recruits having to pick between us and the Tigahs? Add him to the list!

Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Mike leach to ole pee great hire!!! Good coach and funny character

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Real talk, Miami Dolphins have coach O as their front runner.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Mike leach to ole pee great hire!!! Good coach and funny character
    At least what ole pee fans believe

Default Re: Hard Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    For all you recruits out there, Napier will be in Lafayette in 2020. No worries.
    I Agree with that. However I do think if support does not improve in 2020, he may take a lower level job than we may currently think he has interest in. I do think support improves next year. For one thing, we will have only one Thanksgiving time game. Also, the momentum from the strong finish will carry into off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I Agree with that. However I do think if support does not improve in 2020, he may take a lower level job than we may currently think he has interest in. I do think support improves next year. For one thing, we will have only one Thanksgiving time game. Also, the momentum from the strong finish will carry into off season.
    Yup. Better home schedule helps big time to. The mickynesse game will be full

I am surprised you don't hear more about the LSU offense coordinator in these SEC openings. With his success level being exceptionally high this year in SEC West, IMO he'd be a slam dunk hire with any SEC fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    I am surprised you don't hear more about the LSU offense coordinator in these SEC openings. With his success level being exceptionally high this year in SEC West, IMO he'd be a slam dunk hire with any SEC fan base.
    Word is, lspoop is poised to pay him more than aranda

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Word is, lspoop is poised to pay him more than aranda
    Arkansas has a several billionaire alums.they desperately need a big name hire. Let the bidding war begin.

Arkansas has a several billionaire alums.they desperately need a big name hire. Let the bidding war begin.
    I'm sure jerry Jones will pony up lol God knows he got the $$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Being we can’t and shouldn’t stop these coaching discusssions, I have an idea.start a thread of all of our competitors whose coaches AREN’T being sought after because they suck! Hey recruits, you REALLY want to play for a coach that no other athletic department deems worthy of consideration?!?!
    You can't stop them on social media, but we should limit them on RP until after the signing period. Post what you want, but I certainly won't aid and abet programs like Louisiana Tech and Tulane in damaging our recruiting efforts going forward. In a simple world you can ask if they really want to play for your program, the answer is usually the head coach or staff. We are not Alabama or LSU and that is the reality of it.

He may, but he has never been a head coach at any level and nor has he ever ran a college program. So he may be an offensive genius, but he isn't ready to be a head coach either.

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread Information