Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread: Coaching carrousel has begun

1. Default Re: Hard Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Please delete it. Recruits read this.
    Did I miss the conversion? Are we now Facebook,Twitter or Snapchat? Very few recruits read what a bunch of older men think?

I’m very confident Nap and company can overcome RP, and the Daily AdverTIGER have to say.

UL Football Re: Hard Decisions

Ole Miss needs a new football coach. Here are 7 trendy names who might fit in Oxford

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/.jehEg9Vn0kKhNU

3. Billy Napier

Billy Napier is a name that college football fans are searching for on Google.

Few coaches in college football have a better connected pedigree than Louisiana coach Billy Napier.

Napier led Louisiana to a 10-2 season in 2019, his second at the top of the program. Before that, Napier worked at Clemson with Dabo Swinney from 2006-10 and at Alabama with Nick Saban from 2013-16.

Napier is a young candidate; he's only 40 years old. But what he lacks in head coaching experience, he makes up for in high-quality mentors. And given that four of the currently-employed head coaches in the SEC are former Saban assistants, Ole Miss would be sticking with a regional trend in trying to capitalize on some of that Saban magic.

Default Re: Billy Napier on Missouri List?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    If Napier leaves, I believe it'll be the lack of support this city has given this program that will drive him away. Napier, Maggard, and other administrators have expressed disappointment in the issue and you can see their frustration. Hope things change soon.
    Agree, lack of community and state support. Students don’t help the scenario either, pathetic.

Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Ole miss is a dumpster fire as is Mizzou South Carolina or Tennessee I can see him leaving forwe won’t know until after the conference championship.

5. Default Re: Hard Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Please delete it. Recruits read this.
    For all you recruits out there, Napier will be in Lafayette in 2020. No worries.

6. Default Re: Hard Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by levetsj View Post
    Ole Miss needs a new football coach. Here are 7 trendy names who might fit in Oxford

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/.jehEg9Vn0kKhNU

3. Billy Napier

Billy Napier is a name that college football fans are searching for on Google.

Few coaches in college football have a better connected pedigree than Louisiana coach Billy Napier.

Napier led Louisiana to a 10-2 season in 2019, his second at the top of the program. Before that, Napier worked at Clemson with Dabo Swinney from 2006-10 and at Alabama with Nick Saban from 2013-16.

Napier is a young candidate; he's only 40 years old. But what he lacks in head coaching experience, he makes up for in high-quality mentors. And given that four of the currently-employed head coaches in the SEC are former Saban assistants, Ole Miss would be sticking with a regional trend in trying to capitalize on some of that Saban magic.
    Briles to Ole Miss Watch

Default Re: Hard Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    For all you recruits out there, Napier will be in Lafayette in 2020. No worries.
    Yes, ignore our posters who a paranoid schizophrenics that cant wait to post any rumor here and prefer to be miserable.

Napier is on ESPN.com as one of the ole miss candidates from Adam rittenberg article

9. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Napier is on ESPN.com as one of the ole miss candidates from Adam rittenberg article
    Good Agent doing good work. All that is.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I don't know if insulting kids, coaches and programs can be compared to our football coach who just won 10 games in a regular season getting offers to go to a P5 program are comparable. I was just stating that his name is coming up in a lot of circles for big time jobs.

I agree, this post does not help the program, but come on T, you are a reasonable man, you can not think me mentioning that Napier is a possible candidate for an SEC job hurts the program as much as someone insulting, attacking or downgrading a student athlete, coach or program. I am as much of a critic as anyone of programs when they are not doing as well as we think they should, but I don't post it here.

In private and in other circles I will name the few programs at UL that I think need a change and remember I am a fan of UL in all sports, not like some that follow one or two, I follow them all and love success in every single program from Football to Tiddleywinks.

If you want you (turbine) can delete this thread if you guys feel this hurts the program in any way.
    End result is what matters Dave. I've been following recruiting for years and it matters more so now with social media. Feeding rumors by media that take the liberty of putting together list without any sources is reckless for a staff with the first day of the signing period beginning on Dec.17-20th.

I'm simply asking you and others not to feed these rumors until after Signing Day, it only makes our staff's job more difficult. If you are concerned about the negative comments about our players and staff, I'm certain you are in concerns of recruiting. Just use common sense on posting these stories, they are going to be more if we continue to win.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Good Agent doing good work. All that is.
    Yes, his agent is definitely doing his job in concerns of SEC openings.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    End result is what matters Dave. I've been following recruiting for years and it matters more so now with social media. Feeding rumors by media that take the liberty of putting together list without any sources is reckless for a staff with the first day of the signing period beginning on Dec.17-20th.

I'm simply asking you and others not to feed these rumors until after Signing Day, it only makes our staff's job more difficult. If you are concerned about the negative comments about our players and staff, I'm certain you are in concerns of recruiting. Just use common sense on posting these stories, they are going to be more if we continue to win.
    Does it really matter with the lax transfer rules now? Whatever recruits we get now will leave if Napier leaves, I think its a moot point. In the past it would have made sense.

I really think these teams are all in on Kiffin and Norvell we will see what happensstill no word on Florida state too.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    Does it really matter with the lax transfer rules now? Whatever recruits we get now will leave if Napier leaves, I think its a moot point. In the past it would have made sense.
    Then you are missing the point. Transfer rules or not, we shouldn't be aiding other program's staffs efforts in repeating rumors that our head coach is in consideration for other jobs and could be gone soon. These are preliminary list put out by the media to generate interest from their audiences. I understand that his name will continue to come up because he is a very good young coach. But people should also understand how the game of recruiting is played, specifically when we are fighting against our past.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I really think these teams are all in on Kiffin and Norvell we will see what happensstill no word on Florida state too.
    The name that is being floated around is Franklin. Now whether or not they can buy him out and win a bidding war against Penn State is another matter.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information