Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bowl Talk

Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Anyone can order bowl tickets right now. You DO NOT have to be a member of the RCAF to request tickets right now. Once all ticket request has come in then your seats will be based on your RCAF points.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/caj.etails/20MOBID

2. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by stpacronym View Post
    Who's to say that they don't? We don't know.

I've gotten multiples of emails concerning a bowl game prior to and after the actual bowl announcement.
    I agree, there is no reason to suspect they don't.

To early to say they won't. .use them that is.

I have ordered tickets through the school before for bowl games and for other games, and get occasional emails about events so yes they have my email address. In comparison a school in which I have only ordered tickets for regular season games before once sends out constant emails trying to encourage new sales while UL rarely sends out emails or anything else to encourage potential fans or casual fans. Silence in marketing kills and UL is very silent in lots of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'll state this as plainly as I can.

There is zero downside to playing in Mobile.

There are other venues with more upside, but they are off the table.

This will be an incredible experience.
    Have you experienced a bowl in Mobile? "Incredible" is not how I would describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I have ordered tickets through the school before for bowl games and for other games, and get occasional emails about events so yes they have my email address. In comparison a school in which I have only ordered tickets for regular season games before once sends out constant emails trying to encourage new sales while UL rarely sends out emails or anything else to encourage potential fans or casual fans. Silence in marketing kills and UL is very silent in lots of things.
    I literally get constant emails from the athletic department, multiples per day as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Have you experienced a bowl in Mobile? "Incredible" is not how I would describe it.
    Don't let CajunExpress hear you say that!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    It really was a legitimate question. My opinion, nothing about Mobile is "incredible".

With that said, I just purchased tickets. Still on the fence if I will attend.

Saturday was a kick in the nuts and the day/date of the bowl game kinda sucks, but if I have the chance to watch my team play one more time I’m gonna do it. I met a lot of you in Boone this weekend and it was a blast. Hopefully mobile will be the same.

9. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

I've never even been inside Ladd Peebles stadium.

A few years ago I did spend several days at the Mitchell Center.

"Incredible" refers to the game itself and Louisiana getting back on track, post season wise.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I understand your frustration, but as MelRock has posted you can order tickets now. You might want to look into joining RCAF at a low level because we get the bowl forms emailed to us and priority seating. This is the way it is now, including for regionals for baseball and softball. If you are investing into Cajun athletics, than you receive some of the perks.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Every stAte fan I have ever discussed this with loved their experience in Mobile. They universally say that the city and local businesses go all out to entertain visiting fans.

I should add that stAte has been in several bowls in Mobile, and the level of enjoyment has been great for them every time. Now, it IS an outdoor stadium, so weather may be an issue for some, but everything surrounding the bowl is great.

12. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    😂😂 you probably right

Lo

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Miami University has struggled with the name issue just like we have. I would hope everyone here would call them by their proper name. Below is from their media guide.

PLEASE NOTE: When referring to Miami, please use either Miami, Miami University or Miami (Ohio). Please do not use Miami of Ohio or University of Miami, etc. The latter are not the proper names for our institution. Thank you.

They have shirts made that say "We were a university before Florida was a state".

Miami University founded in 1809
    Florida became a state in 1845
    The City of Miami was incorporated in 1896
    Coral Gables, where the University of Miami is located, incorporated in 1925
    University of Miami founded in 1925
    Well this isn't very nice:

https://test.miamihawktalk.com/talk/.rd-name-change

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    All fan boards have some stupid fans.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    All fan boards have some stupid fans.
    You know you're right. Take the high road, I guess.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information