Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bowl Talk

Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    will it be the same when they go 0-4 against those plus 0-2 vs sun belt? does winning the games only help the perception at UL, but everyone else only needs to play the game to be perceived well ?
    Let's see it all works out. Then you can talk to me about perception and annually playing ULM, Texas State and USA instead of La Tech, Southern Miss and UAB.

Let's face it, college football is a rigged system. The Power 5 is a cartel. The only way to flex our muscles is consistently winning over time, leverage relationships, and raise as much money as we can to improve our conference situation. Our only choice right ahead is go to the Mobile Bowl and wear out Miami OH on national TV.

As for the comparison to healthcare, IDK about that. The government became heavily involved over fifty years ago creating Medicare and Medicaid. Over that period of time the government's tentacles are seeping into every corner of Healthcare imaginable, a recipe for increased costs to the government and taxpayers in effect creating a healthcare bubble. The government shows no signs of backing off, therefore expect more dysfunction, more provider corporatization, and provider consolidation resulting in patients being herded into larger offices or facilities with still increasing costs. The American consumer, the essential cost control lever in a free market economy, has been removed from making most of their healthcare decisions resulting in the current expensive, complex, entitlement system. Just to add one more dollop of discouragement, Consumers don't pay enough into Medicare to cover their eventual claims in their elder years. The Medicare payroll tax needs to increase to commensurate level or reduce covered services= rationing.

At least in college football the consumer still has multiple opportunities to influence and improve their experience and over the long haul their favored team.

I think we go to Mobile, and finish the year with a win by blowing out the alma mater of Ben Rothlisburger. Finish 11-3. Make that record stand forever in the 2019 NCAA CFP standings.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I think we go to Mobile, and finish the year with a win by blowing out the alma mater of Ben Rothlisburger. Finish 11-3. Make that record stand forever in the 2019 NCAA CFP standings.
    I want to beat the them and unleash all our frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I want to beat the them and unleash all our frustration.
    Beat them like grandma’s area rug hanging on a clothes line.

CUSA does have better bowl tie ins. However after they are over it is likely that the Sun Belt will once again receive more NCAA football money than CUSA. That being said, I would prefer to be in CUSA simply because of the ability to regularly play regional teams such as Tech, USM, Rice, UNT, and UAB. However I maintain that many schools would rather go bankrupt than do the smart thing here.

Where is the bowl pick EM challenge. I joined but can’t find it.

I agree with what many are saying, but the conference tie ins to all these bowls is well known and if any of these bowl match ups surprise or shock you, you simply are not paying attention. Some of you seem shocked App State is not in the Rose Bowl and the Cajun’s are not in the Liberty Bowl! _____ing and crying about it won’t change a thing and, quite frankly makes us sound like a bunch of cry babies, in my opinion. Until things change, we have to play the hand we are dealt. Let’s stop whining, go kick Miami’s ___ and take care of business. I’m confident that Dr. Maggard will continue to do all he can to improve UL’s position the best he can going forward. Supporting the team in the Bowl game will do much more to move the program forward, than crying on this message board!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Tech gets Miami in the Indy

Marshall gets UCF in the Gasparilla.

Southern Miss gets Tulane in the Armed Forces.

FAU gets SMU in Boca.
    Cusa 0-4

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Cusa 0-4
    This isnt your daddy's U They are mediocre and are spiraling downward.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    This isnt your daddy's U They are mediocre and are spiraling downward.
    Tech is likely going to win this game. Miami is an abysmal 6-6 and lost a couple weeks back to FIU. The Bulldogs are something like 5-0 in Bowl games under their current coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Tech is likely going to win this game. Miami is an abysmal 6-6 and lost a couple weeks back to FIU. The Bulldogs are something like 5-0 in Bowl games under their current coach.
    Will tech have their pot smoking players back for the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Their coach spent like a short time hired at Temple, "his dream JOB" when he quit to bolt for the Canes which of course was his dream job. The U and Diaz deserve each other.

The perception pecking order is clear. MAC champ plays runner up in the belt. Belt champ plays runner up in cusa. Cusa champ plays mid level aac.

Sunbelt need to keep winning bowls like they have been. Highest conference bowl win percentage over the last 3 years. Keep that going. 5-0 isn’t out of the question.

Ga state against Wyoming without Ellington will be tough.
    FIU vs ASU is interesting.
    Liberty and ga so is also interesting
    App and Cajuns should be heavy favorites.

Could be worse. How’d you like to be Pitt? 7-5 acc school gets to play a 6-6 Mac school. Woohoo. At least we get the champ.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . LastLast

Thread Information