Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bowl Talk

Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    No doubt Mobile is a superior destination to Shreveport in every respect except for the bowl history. Now to be honest the Indy has been on life support for over a decade.
    There is a doubt

2. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

No, there's no doubt. If you've got doubts there's something missing in your destination filter, or you haven’t spent a lot of time in Shreveport recently.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Neither is Mobile
    “The port city?” “The city of 6 flags?” Mobile is the new Vegas!

No, there's no doubt. If you've got doubts there's something missing in your destination filter, or you haven’t spent a lot of time in Shreveport recently.
    Yes, there is a doubt. You don't just take the city, you have to consider the matchup as well. If you offer us Indy versus Miami University or Mobile and Miami of Ohio, I hope YOUR filter is cleaner.

5. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Maybe some POT may help your reading comp. At least mellow out your frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    As a fan of a school not playing in a bowl I am looking forward to the mobile bowl. It really gives the Cajuns to make a statement and acquire some momentum for next year. Also Monday night is a great night for football, a night we are used to watching football. Let’s make the best of it and beat a conference champion. After watching the dudspeth offense I am excited to see progress and a chance for an 11th win. Gosh that sounds good.
    Also people will be craving for some type of football game to watch BT the CFP semis and championship game. I watched it last year. What is the closest decent hotel to the stadium?

Maybe some POT may help your reading comp. At least mellow out your frustration.
    Reading comprehension? Ok. We countered that it would be way better to play the real Miami U in Shreveport versus Miami OH in Mobile. Then he said, no, its just that the city is better. First, what metric are you using to say its better? I don't want to go to either one of them. Equal travel distance except you have to travel I-10 and Ladd Peoples stadium is a dump and logistical nightmare. I don't love Shreveport but I don't see any metric where Mobile is any better except I'm having to play Miami Oh instead of the hurricanes.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Also people will be craving for some type of football game to watch BT the CFP semis and championship game. I watched it last year. What is the closest decent hotel to the stadium?
    We also have a conference champion as an opponent. I for one think it is an important game as we need a victory to carry the positive momentum into the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We also have a conference champion as an opponent. I for one think it is an important game as we need a victory to carry the positive momentum into the off season.
    That's right. MAC conference champ Miami Ohio will not be a push over. This is a hugely important game for the program, lets us practice a whole extra month. Hopefully people see this. We need this "W" to carry the momentum on our way to a conference championship, undefeated season, and NY6 bowl next year. Can I dream?

Until we actually win a conference championship we can't complain. Hell most were complaining last time we went to the NOLA bowl. They probably would be complaining if we went to the NOLA bowl this year which was the best option.

Geaux Cajuns!

Geaux cajuns !!!! Keep winning and go into next season with a hard push. lots positives but constantly searching for negatives does us no good because some things are beyond our control.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Great point Mike, and it's in our recruiting footprint

That's right. MAC conference champ Miami Ohio will not be a push over. This is a hugely important game for the program, lets us practice a whole extra month. Hopefully people see this. We need this "W" to carry the momentum on our way to a conference championship, undefeated season, and NY6 bowl next year. Can I dream?

Until we actually win a conference championship we can't complain. Hell most were complaining last time we went to the NOLA bowl. They probably would be complaining if we went to the NOLA bowl this year which was the best option.

Geaux Cajuns!
    We don't get to practice the entire month. However, by playing the latest game possible, we do get to practice the maximum amount of days allowed, versus the very early scheduled bowls.

It isn't a great advantage, but it is an advantage over playing in NOLA.

That's right. MAC conference champ Miami Ohio will not be a push over.

Geaux Cajuns!
    Sorry, the MAC was not a good conference this season. I've watched Miami (Ohio) twice this season and they are not that good. I don't care if they are champions. And frankly, we need to beat them to have any momentum going into next season to sell tickets after the championship loss. The one thing Coach Napier has done in his second season is beat the teams he was supposed to have defeated. I will go to the bowl game because my team is playing in it, but I'm not excited about playing a mediocre MAC team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    We don't get to practice the entire month. However, by playing the latest game possible, we do get to practice the maximum amount of days allowed, versus the very early scheduled bowls.

It isn't a great advantage, but it is an advantage over playing in NOLA.
    Clemson coach Dabo Swinney knows quite well how teams and players get long-term benefits from the extra practices that accompany a bowl bid.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport.eams/95720950/

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Sorry, the MAC was not a good conference this season. I've watched Miami (Ohio) twice this season and they are not that good. I don't care if they are champions. And frankly, we need to beat them to have any momentum going into next season to sell tickets after the championship loss. The one thing Coach Napier has done in his second season is beat the teams he was supposed to have defeated. I will go to the bowl game because my team is playing in it, but I'm not excited about playing a mediocre MAC team.

I will be there happy. I remember the wheels falling off not to long ago. If it allows us to finish on a good note, great. Progress , whatever the size given circumstances is progress.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . LastLast

Thread Information