Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bowl Talk

Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

This commissioner will not do anything so get used to it

2. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    This commissioner will not do anything so get used to it
    ----If we provided free Country club membership could we get the old guy back???

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Conference really needs to work something out where our champion plays the champion of another G5 conference, barring one of the conferences' champs getting a NY6 Bowl.

If we're in NOLA, I'll be there, but the SBC champ going against the 5th place USA team is dogcrap.
    CUSA champion chooses where they want to play then after that it has no rhyme or reason

NOLA has a Payout of $925,000 Only First Responders Bowl pays out more for CUSA (outside of the independent bowl)

Next season ESPN will make the matchups for the bowl games according to conference tie in for those games. ESPN will have the say of what 2 teams out of CUSA and SBC play in NOLA and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    CUSA champion chooses where they want to play then after that it has no rhyme or reason

NOLA has a Payout of $925,000 Only First Responders Bowl pays out more for CUSA (outside of the independent bowl)
    Is NOLA bowl an actual payout or is it a "payout" based on ticket sales with a ceiling amount?.$925,000

I ask as this was a hot topic back when we participated in our first NOLA bowl and it was learned that a payout was based on ticket sales, not a straight cash payment. Wondering if that has changed?

Edit: Went back and looked. Appears that it had been a $500,000 payout if minimum numbers were met and a split of tic sales beyond the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by stpacronym View Post
    Is NOLA bowl an actual payout or is it a "payout" based on ticket sales with a ceiling amount?.$925,000

I ask as this was a hot topic back when we participated in our first NOLA bowl and it was learned that a payout was based on ticket sales, not a straight cash payment. Wondering if that has changed?

Edit: Went back and looked. Appears that it had been a $500,000 payout if minimum numbers were met and a split of tic sales beyond the minimum.
    I believe it is that way with all of the "minor" bowls. Payout based on sales by the school, not a guarantee.

Default Re: Bowl game question.

I don't want to but I probably would, but it would be a drive in and drive out situation with parking on grounds or across the street at the school, but I really would rather New Orleans

8. Default Re: Bowl game question.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I don't want to but I probably would, but it would be a drive in and drive out situation with parking on grounds or across the street at the school, but I really would rather New Orleans
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Bowl game question.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    All parties involved would be better off $$$ wise. Makes too much sense to go against.
    It makes too much sense, so they probably will go against it.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I believe it is that way with all of the "minor" bowls. Payout based on sales by the school, not a guarantee.
    Not just the minor bowls. Ask UConn about their Fiesta Bowl "payout" a number of years back. Making money on a bowl game is the same as convincing yourself that timeshare you just bought is the best investment in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Not just the minor bowls. Ask UConn about their Fiesta Bowl "payout" a number of years back. Making money on a bowl game is the same as convincing yourself that timeshare you just bought is the best investment in the world.
    Damn!!!! You mean it's not? What's the return policy on those things.? And the salesman was sooooo sincere.

Saw that the commissioner said the loser of the sun belt game goes to Arizona bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Saw that the commissioner said the loser of the sun belt game goes to Arizona bowl
    On radio this afternoon, it was reported the commissioner said that is not the case. Things still up in air.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    On radio this afternoon, it was reported the commissioner said that is not the case. Things still up in air.
    Ah ok. Just went look for the tweet but looks like it was deleted

15. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    That was the beginning of the end for UConn.

It's also why we should always strive for NOLA Bowl appearances

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information