Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bowl Talk

Default Re: Bowl game question.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This is 180 degrees from anything I have heard or read. Any sources for this?
    It was a proposition from a sports writer Some App St peeps were ALLEGEDLY asking. Its not the way it is now I forget the guys name on twitter So its nothing but a rumor. I was asking Dre if he heard anything more on issue or if the Commish was considering bringing it up.

The Commish would have power to change rules I think.

App State is currently lobbing the Belk Bowl in Charlotte invite them. Since Charlotte is only 102 miles away from Boone, they believe if they win the SBC Championship and remain ranked in the Top 25, they should be able to play in a better bowl game than the NO Bowl.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sp.237960289.html

Tim Buckley interviewed NO Bowl officials today and they would be more than happy to host Louisiana and Louisiana Tech in the Dome, even if we were not the champion of the SBC.

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/.ns/4335385002/

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    App State is currently lobbing the Belk Bowl in Charlotte invite them. Since Charlotte is only 102 miles away from Boone, they believe if they win the SBC Championship and remain ranked in the Top 25, they should be able to play in a better bowl game than the NO Bowl.

Tim Buckley interviewed NO Bowl officials today and they would be more than happy to host Louisiana and Louisiana Tech in the Dome, even if we were not the champion of the SBC.

All parties involved would be better off $$$ wise. Makes too much sense to go against.

5. Default Re: Bowl game question.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

WOW, they are open to negotiated changes that make sense.

WOW, they are open to negotiated changes that make sense.
    It’s a no brainer.

Too many bowls are losing money due to bad ticket sales. This would be an easy win/win for all parties involved.

7. Default Re: Bowl game question.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    It’s a no brainer.

Too many bowls are losing money due to bad ticket sales. This would be an easy win/win for all parties involved.

Last year there were 2 out of the 5 Sunbelt tie-in bowls that we would sell the least tickets for and they sent us to one of those two.

UL vs Southern Miss would be a great match up this year and both fan bases would bring plenty of fans, USM would probably bring more fans than the Tech fans and are a lot less obnoxious than the techies. Also both are close in ranking in their division

Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

The idea of the Belk Bowl would have had more legs if the league had six bowl eligible teams. Not to say it can't happen. It would require someone agreeing to go out west to play in Arizona that might otherwise be in the Belk. Not an easy negotiation.

And, you can forget the Cajuns and Tech. Or Cajuns and Southern Miss. I said a couple of days ago WKU is headed to New Orleans. I stand by that.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    The idea of the Belk Bowl would have had more legs if the league had six bowl eligible teams. Not to say it can't happen. It would require someone agreeing to go out west to play in Arizona that might otherwise be in the Belk. Not an easy negotiation.

And, you can forget the Cajuns and Tech. Or Cajuns and Southern Miss. I said a couple of days ago WKU is headed to New Orleans. I stand by that.
    That would be great if somehow we could work a basketball doubleheader. Playing wku as double digit favorites isn’t overly exciting

western kentucky? for football? why? Nobody wants to see that.

The SBC champ deserves better than that. NOLA is one the premier Bowl destinations. There has got to be a way to have a tie-in for the NOLA Bowl again with either the MWC or AAC. Better yet, just make it at-large.

I hope the conference works behind the scenes to avoid it. The Sunbelt could make a special allowance to the team being sent out west to Zona. One thing we have going for us is the 2 big dogs in conference would be all in. The blood clots in football just dont seem worthy of our conference champion.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    I've never been further west than San Antonio or so, so I'd personally be pretty excited to take a trip to Arizona. I'd understand the team wanting to opt for Mobile for proximity and ticket sales, but I probably wouldn't be able to attend. School's back in for everybody at that point, so I could see that having an adverse affect on sales across the board.
    NOBODY wants to go to freakin', crime ridden Mobile, in crappy weather, to see us play a freakin' MAC school. NOBODY.

If we can't play in NOLA, I say play the best competition we can. That would be in Arizona.

Conference really needs to work something out where our champion plays the champion of another G5 conference, barring one of the conferences’ champs getting a NY6 Bowl.

If we’re in NOLA, I’ll be there, but the SBC champ going against the 5th place USA team is dogcrap.

Our new commishiner has been silent and quite. In fact, I have not heard from him regarding squat. Is he getting paid for doing squat? At least the last one seemed to be more on front lines.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information