Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bowl Talk

Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    didn't get an email even though I have bought from the school before. Its just poor marketing on the schools part, not everyone is rcaf or season ticket holders, Im lucky to get in 2 or 3 games a year since I live 3 hrs away and have a family. In contrast, USM sends out emails constantly even though I just have a daughter there. The athletic department likes to whine about not selling tickets, but then drops the ball when they have a golden opportunity to bring in the casual fan.
    Are you a member of RCAF?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Are you a member of RCAF?
    I totally didn't see my email.went back and looked and there it was. T where you sitting ?

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I totally didn't see my email.went back and looked and there it was. T where you sitting ?
    Got to Friday to get them, waiting to mine to sit with a few other people. No one is coming from my family except me, it's too late in January.

Got to Friday to get them, waiting to mine to sit with a few other people. No one is coming from my family except me, it's too late in January.
    Ok let me know my wife and I will be there.

We have seen major ticket pushes in the past via email, news outlets, billboards, social media, etc. I was impressed at our marketing for the App State home game this year. With increased staff, I expect this administration will be more organized, communicate to us effectively and make a significant push for ticket sales through the school. For the first time ever, we have an entire month to make it happen. Dr. Maggard & company will likely aggressively encourage everyone to join the party!

I will certainly do my best to attend, but can't commit 100% until closer to January 6th due to possible work obligations. But I can guarantee that I will purchase at least 2 tickets whether I make it or not. We need to support the Team and program financially at the very least!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I will certainly do my best to attend, but can't commit 100% until closer to January 6th due to possible work obligations. But I can guarantee that I will purchase at least 2 tickets whether I make it or not. We need to support the Team and program financially at the very least!

Good man.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    People that aren't RCAF members will not receive an email early, they can begin buying tickets through UL Friday.

People that aren't RCAF members will not receive an email early, they can begin buying tickets through UL Friday.
    Oh ok. At least that's one perk from being rcaf. You sitting reserved section?

Pretty sure seating won't be an issue, whether you buy a ticket now or at the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by stpacronym View Post
    Pretty sure seating won't be an issue, whether you buy a ticket now or at the gate.
    Yeah, I learned my lesson last year with these craptastic bowl games. GA for me and sit wherever the hell you want since there will only be 3-4 k people there anyway.

that's a great way to encourage individuals who cant attend many games in a year. Silence and no early emails is a sure way to discourage out of town fans to become more involved.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    that's a great way to encourage individuals who cant attend many games in a year. Silence and no early emails is a sure way to discourage out of town fans to become more involved.
    Well, unless someone is an RCAF member or has previously signed up for email updates from the athletic department, I’m not sure how the department would have email addresses from all these not involved individuals to reach out to them.

14. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Well, unless someone is an RCAF member or has previously signed up for email updates from the athletic department, I’m not sure how the department would have email addresses from all these not involved individuals to reach out to them.
    They "should" have the email of every person that has interacted with the athletic department since at least 2005.

This is a fantastic opportunity to raise RCAF enrollment.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They "should" have the email of every person that has interacted with the athletic department since at least 2005.

This is a fantastic opportunity to raise RCAF enrollment.
    Who's to say that they don't? We don't know.

I've gotten multiples of emails concerning a bowl game prior to and after the actual bowl announcement.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information