Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    It's 2020 why do I still have to print and mail in a bowl request form . it's bush league
    Lanny, that's just for reserved seating? I assume all UL tickets are bunched together in same area ?

2. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Sorry, the MAC was not a good conference this season. I've watched Miami (Ohio) twice this season and they are not that good. I don't care if they are champions. And frankly, we need to beat them to have any momentum going into next season to sell tickets after the championship loss. The one thing Coach Napier has done in his second season is beat the teams he was supposed to have defeated. I will go to the bowl game because my team is playing in it, but I'm not excited about playing a mediocre MAC team.
    ----They are not mediocre if they are the champs, they are the legit champs of the MAC which is almost in a dead heat with the cusa conference in rankings-----Of course we need to beat them, but they are ahead of just about all cusa teams in the rankings----this year it was the luck of the draw in rules that were set up before the season started----btw I think we turned down the Indy on occasions in our bowl streak------Do we to re-think our positions? yes but remember when the rules were put into place the Belt had not yet become dominate over cusa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Here is the link to purchase tickets online.
    https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/caj.y/quickbuy/269
    Mel, does UL get the $$$ credit for this ? I remember in the past we had to buy direct for our count towards allotment

Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

5. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

They are not mediocre if they are the champs, they are the legit champs of the MAC which is almost in a dead heat with the cusa conference in rankings

-Of course we need to beat them, but they are ahead of just about all cusa teams in the rankings

this year it was the luck of the draw in rules that were set up before the season started

btw I think we turned down the Indy on occasions in our bowl streak

--Do we to re-think our positions? yes but remember when the rules were put into place the Belt had not yet become dominate over cusa!!!

Strictly rumors Boomer. The facts per Famer Brown advised the Indy we wouldn't consider an Indy offer, as we'd probably be going to the NOLA. Again according to the thankfully gone Farmer it never got to the offer stage.

At least that's how I recall it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----They are not mediocre if they are the champs, they are the legit champs of the MAC which is almost in a dead heat with the cusa conference in rankings-----Of course we need to beat them, but they are ahead of just about all cusa teams in the rankings----this year it was the luck of the draw in rules that were set up before the season started----btw I think we turned down the Indy on occasions in our bowl streak------Do we to re-think our positions? yes but remember when the rules were put into place the Belt had not yet become dominate over cusa!!!
    The MAC had a down year Boomer, they are average at best and not much better than Ohio. The Cajuns should win this game by double digits and opening line is -13.5 on this game. Whether UL wins or not, they should be heavily favored. They are a mediocre team.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Lanny, that's just for reserved seating? I assume all UL tickets are bunched together in same area ?
    I believe so I made up my mind will just buy tickets on the open market

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Someone please tell me what CUSA bowl tie ins are better than those of the Sun Belt.
    Conference USA Bowl Ties

BTW, bowl tie-ins are still bowl games sir, just not guaranteed.It enhances your bowl lineup the years you do have them. My criteria is simple, bowl payouts and match-ups. While destination and player gifts are cool, I'm college football fan. Both are secondary to me.

$1,133,735– Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla vs. American Athletic
    $225,000 – Bahamas Bowl vs. MAC
    $1,050,000– Gildan New Mexico Bowl vs. Mountain West
    $925,000 – R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl vs. Sun Belt
    $1,667,000– SERVPRO First Responders Bowl vs. Big 12

Secondary Agreements
    $1,248,280 – Walk-On's Independence Bowl
    Conditional if ACC or SEC can't fill a spot.

$750,000 – DXL Frisco Bowl
    Conditional if American Athletic or MAC can't fill a spot.
    OR Hawaii Bowl vs. BYU

Sun Belt Bowl Ties

$925,000 - R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl vs. Mountain West
    $1,500,000 – Dollar General Bowl vs. MAC
    $250,000 – Raycom Media Camellia Bowl vs. MAC
    $751,115 – AutoNation Cure Bowl vs. American Athletic
    $412,920 – NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. Mountain West

Best Bowl Games for C-USA this year

Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl
    SMU vs. Florida Atlantic - Money is fine, match-up is good

Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl
    UCF vs. Marshall- Money is fine, Match-up is good

Walk-On's Independence Bowl
    Louisiana Tech vs. Miami- Money is fine, You play a 6-6 U team over any MAC champion all day long

Best Bowl Games for the Sun Belt

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
    Appalachian State vs. UAB- The payout is okay, best match-up of any SBC Bowl game

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I believe so I made up my mind will just buy tickets on the open market
    Man, use the link Mel put up. I just ordered 2. Will call. Easy essy

I haven't seen an email from the athletic department yet which is odd, in comparison my daughter is at USM and I had an email from that athletic department 30 minutes after the bowl announcements.

11. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

I’ve got at least one offer for tickets to the bowl yesterday afternoon at 5:35 PM. There may be others before, I delete a lot because I’m overwhelmed by the UL daily emails.

just called the school and even though the flyer doesn't say it, tickets not picked up at Cajundome or mailed will be able to be picked up at Ladd Peoples. I really wish our athletic department would do a better job of putting out information rather than having to extract information from the box office which puts fans off from buying directly from the school

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    just called the school and even though the flyer doesn't say it, tickets not picked up at Cajundome or mailed will be able to be picked up at Ladd Peoples. I really wish our athletic department would do a better job of putting out information rather than having to extract information from the box office which puts fans off from buying directly from the school
    Did you get an email from RCAF with with the message and link?

Your Ragin' Cajuns Football Team is headed to Mobile, Alabama for the Lending Tree Bowl on January 6th!

Click Here to Request Tickets
    Tickets Forms are due by this Friday, December 13th at 4:00 p.m.

Want to increase your priority points and investor rank
    before tickets are allocated?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

didn't get an email even though I have bought from the school before. Its just poor marketing on the schools part, not everyone is rcaf or season ticket holders, Im lucky to get in 2 or 3 games a year since I live 3 hrs away and have a family. In contrast, USM sends out emails constantly even though I just have a daughter there. The athletic department likes to whine about not selling tickets, but then drops the ball when they have a golden opportunity to bring in the casual fan.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information