Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bowl Talk

Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

I can't make it to Mobile on a Monday after the holidays. I really wanted to go, but can't swing that. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I will be there happy. I remember the wheels falling off not to long ago. If it allows us to finish on a good note, great. Progress , whatever the size given circumstances is progress.
    And I really think our commishiner is a piece of crap. I hate his silence and hiding from his lazy decisions. He should have to answer questions. Hopefully us and App can get a movement against him because he sure not helping us

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    And I really think our commishiner is a piece of crap. I hate his silence and hiding from his lazy decisions. He should have to answer questions. Hopefully us and App can get a movement against him because he sure not helping us
    I see everyone complaining but what exactly did people think was going to happen? What power do you believe the commish had in this instance??

College football reminds me of healthcare in this country. It is a system that evolved with no planning over a long period of time and veered off course long ago. Nobody likes it, it isn’t fair or just, and it doesn’t benefit the people it is supposed to benefit. But we all are forced to go along with it because the powers that be don’t care enough to make it better. It is stupid and we have a right to be angry about how terrible it is. It is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I see everyone complaining but what exactly did people think was going to happen? What power do you believe the commish had in this instance??
    At least pretend to help the Universities that employ him. An announcement would have helped. Just say something, anything rather than the sun belt states . He reminds me of Scott Farmer too much I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    He is stuck with the contracts he inherited. Now what contacts he has and his resume is another matter. Considering he was a crappy hire and clearly has zero contacts, I expected absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He is stuck with the contracts he inherited. Now what contacts he has and his resume is another matter. Considering he was a crappy hire and clearly has zero contacts, I expected absolutely nothing.
    Don't disagree with any of that.

8. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Keep Winning

Everything else is BoC

9. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Reading comprehension? Ok. We countered that it would be way better to play the real Miami U in Shreveport versus Miami OH in Mobile. Then he said, no, its just that the city is better. First, what metric are you using to say its better? I don't want to go to either one of them. Equal travel distance except you have to travel I-10 and Ladd Peoples stadium is a dump and logistical nightmare. I don't love Shreveport but I don't see any metric where Mobile is any better except I'm having to play Miami Oh instead of the hurricanes.

I just expect more from you than some. My comments clearly stated the cities not bowls. Somehow when a SBC team gets to the Indy no P5 available.

I’m sure the Hoax was happy LaTurd chickened out but they played

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Independence_Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We also have a conference champion as an opponent. I for one think it is an important game as we need a victory to carry the positive momentum into the off season.
    You're right Mike. Having a conference champ there is the saving grace of this matchup.

This is our redemption game. We have something to prove.

11. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Another good thing about this bowl? It allows the most time for our beat up team to heal. That’ healing time is important, or at least the potential to be important.

I’m not trying to sell castor oil as honey flavored lemonade. But it’s much better than what the Hoax have, or the Detroit blizzard bowl 1100 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Another good thing about this bowl? It allows the most time for our beat up team to heal. That’ healing time is important, or at least the potential to be important.

I’m not trying to sell castor oil as honey flavored lemonade. But it’s much better than what the Hoax have, or the Detroit blizzard bowl 1100 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

One of the better posts today!

This Is why I’m against two conference tie-ins. And de facto teams such as hawaii and BYU for certain bowls. One conference tie in. The rest are at large. Better regional match ups. Cincinnati is 10-3 playing a 6-6 team. Completely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    And this is why CUSA is still a better conference than the SBC. The money difference is minimal but the bowls are just better. I will say it again, perception matters.
    will it be the same when they go 0-4 against those plus 0-2 vs sun belt? does winning the games only help the perception at UL, but everyone else only needs to play the game to be perceived well ?

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread Information