Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bowl Talk

Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I agree. Every time I hear someone say that we don't want CUSA because its no better or worse than the SBC, I think of these little issues. Perception says otherwise.
    If they look at the two conferences this year, CUSA is better from top to bottom outside of App St and UL. The power rankings will differ from year to year, but the bowl tie-ends are better overall. Anyone that doesn't see that now is just stupid and you can't change stupid.

2. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Damn.didn’t realize it was that long ago. Y’all didn’t play TCU a few years back in a bowl?
    TCU was in MWC that year I believe their last out of a P5 conference.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Have fun getting stomped by a bad Miami (FL) team in your own backyard. Also, you really think Shreveport is much better than Mobile?
    much, much better, and they get a brand to play against. no comparison at all.

4. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Ultimately the only bowls that matter are the ones for the final four teams. The rest are exhibition games one and all. The difference being the money.

so during bcs years only one bowl mattered? and back in the polls era, the champ almost always came from the rose/sugar/cotton/orange majors [can only think of a couple exceptions]. the vast majority have always been "exhibition" games if championship-determining relevance is the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    much, much better, and they get a brand to play against. no comparison at all.
    Oh I wasn’t insinuating that our bowl was better. Just wanted to point out that Shreveport as a city isn’t a better a destination than Mobile and LATURD will get stomped by the Hurricanes.

Oh I wasn’t insinuating that our bowl was better. Just wanted to point out that Shreveport isn’t and better a destination than Mobile and LATURD will get stomped by the Hurricanes.
    Shreveport is not worse, I would argue that. Over the years, LSU, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Miami have all played in Shreveport for the Indy bowl. Don't see Mobile getting those types of teams.

8. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Ultimately the only bowls that matter are the ones for the final four teams. The rest are exhibition games one and all. The difference being the money.
    It is pretty naive to believe that bowls do not matter to teams similarly situated as Louisiana. We only get so many opportunities to earn style points and a favorable national perception. Hell yes they matter.

9. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

At least La Tech gets the opportunity against a P5, I would rather play any P5 anywhere than play Miami Ohio in Mobile. Word is in 2026 there will be big time realignment in Conferences, we better not miss the boat.

The one positive on the date and time of Mobile Bowl is at least its in the Monday Night Football time slot on ESPN. No NFL that week so contrary to popular belief that people may not care about the last bowl game, it should actually end up being a pretty good national audience with nothing else to watch.

Shreveport is not worse, I would argue that. Over the years, LSU, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Miami have all played in Shreveport for the Indy bowl. Don't see Mobile getting those types of teams.
    I meant as a city. It’s not like Shreveport is an exciting destination.

12. Default Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    so during bcs years only one bowl mattered? and back in the polls era, the champ almost always came from the rose/sugar/cotton/orange majors [can only think of a couple exceptions]. the vast majority have always been "exhibition" games if championship-determining relevance is the standard.
    True enough but it’s only been popular for them to acknowledge that fact in recent years. The P5 schools pretty much dissing all non New Year’s Day bowls, or more likely non P5 bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlum10 View Post
    The one positive on the date and time of Mobile Bowl is at least its in the Monday Night Football time slot on ESPN. No NFL that week so contrary to popular belief that people may not care about the last bowl game, it should actually end up being a pretty good national audience with nothing else to watch.
    As a fan of a school not playing in a bowl I am looking forward to the mobile bowl. It really gives the Cajuns to make a statement and acquire some momentum for next year. Also Monday night is a great night for football, a night we are used to watching football. Let’s make the best of it and beat a conference champion. After watching the dudspeth offense I am excited to see progress and a chance for an 11th win. Gosh that sounds good.

14. USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: 2019 Bowl Talk

No doubt Mobile is a superior destination to Shreveport in every respect except for the bowl history. Now to be honest the Indy has been on life support for over a decade. That being the case maybe things actually change in the future.

I meant as a city. It’s not like Shreveport is an exciting destination.
    Neither is Mobile

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread Information