Thread: Thanks Giving message from Dr. Savoie

Default Re: Thanksgiving message from Dr. Savoie

Wishing all Cajun fans a Happy Thanksgiving!

That was really really really really good.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    That was really really really really good.

Very very well done!!

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Very very well done!!
    Yes! Very nice job.

This is excellent example of gratitude and appreciation for philanthropy! It’s nice to have a personal touch from our President. I wonder if videos from RCAF would generate additional donors.

Default Re: Thanks Giving message from Dr. Savoie

I have given several thousand dollars to athletics over the years. That video convinced me I need set aside at least 10% of what I spent in 2019 to a gift to academics at Christmas. Not sure what’s going to get short changed in my budget, but this video & BoP’s/Willis’s story has convinced me I need to do it.

9. Default Re: Thanks Giving message from Dr. Savoie

Really enjoyed this.

For all the conversations we have, positive or negative, I'm thankful for the platform to better our University. What's good for UL is good for Acadiana. We have something special here, and we should fight to preserve it. We should fight to improve it. Thanks Turbine for the work that you put in.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. #GeauxAggies #GeauxCondoms

10. Default Re: Thanks Giving message from Dr. Savoie

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Really enjoyed this.

For all the conversations we have, positive or negative, I'm thankful for the platform to better our University. What's good for UL is good for Acadiana. We have something special here, and we should fight to preserve it. We should fight to improve it. Thanks Turbine for the work that you put in.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. #GeauxAggies #GeauxCondoms
    ✔️ Vic approves of the message. Happy Thanksgiving to all my RP buddies.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

When I first see a message like this on a sports message board and not directly from the university;

When I have a mid-summer meeting with the athletic director postponed until after the football season starts;

When I call the athletic office in late September to find out when my meeting was going to be rescheduled and no one returns my calls;

When I get exactly $7 cash in Uber tips so I can attend the Appalachian State game, and I find Dr. Maggard to inform him that I have been calling the office and no one is returning my calls, and he says he will make sure that his secretary will call me back no later than the following Monday;

When I am still waiting for that phone call in late November;

When I reach out to people on this message board to get their input on specific subjects to bring up to the athletic director in preparation for this meeting (which has not happened yet) and no one responds despite saying they will;

I see how hollow are the words coming from these particular parties and how rarely their words match their actions.

I recognize how small are my contributions at this point in time, but it's going to be difficult to justify any additional expenditures when I do come into any additional funds.

I am sorry your calls have fallen through the cracks or worse, fallen on deaf ears. I can understand why you would be unhappy. I would be also. I am just a fan. I do not work for the university. I hope you persevere. The cULture needs to change in every department.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    I am sorry your calls have fallen through the cracks or worse, fallen on deaf ears. I can understand why you would be unhappy. I would be also. I am just a fan. I do not work for the university. I hope you persevere. The cULture needs to change in every department.
    My support of this athletic program began as a ball boy in the days of Bo, Marvin, Payton, etc. I've had to put up with all kinds of riff raff over the decades. There is no one capable of running me off from my university. The manifestation of my support may vary based upon my resources, but it will not disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    My support of this athletic program began as a ball boy in the days of Bo, Marvin, Payton, etc. I've had to put up with all kinds of riff raff over the decades. There is no one capable of running me off from my university. The manifestation of my support may vary based upon my resources, but it will not disappear.
    good to hear We all have or had a "beef" so to speak. The trick is keeping it all in perspective. At least thats what help me through frustrating periods. I.E, Hud and Farmer.

Thread Information