Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 MBB: Louisiana 67, UC Irvine 92

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana v UC Irvine

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Wow. only 7 turnovers! That is the lowest amount of turnovers I have seen in a long time.
    All to no avail.
    That makes it all the more disconcerting when you gave up so many easy points and it wasn't even due to turnovers. They literally must have just rolled over.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Yep.

Good news it, this is the best shooting team we’ll face all season. Defense will look better against future competition and Marlin will have us peaking in time to run the conference schedule.
    Chuck Norris salute to you.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    FFS, one minute you are talking about depth and then you are pulling a poor game performance. Tirus Smith is going to be a factor moving forward and there is no denying that. I guess we should not worry about Russell either since he didn't score today either right?
    Isn’t that how this works? Smith, granted he’s 3 games in, hasn’t done anything. Russell on the other hand, I’m not sure why he had such a bad game. But he’s actually shown he can contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Yep.

Good news it, this is the best shooting team we’ll face all season. Defense will look better against future competition and Marlin will have us peaking in time to run the conference schedule.
    Whew! That's a relief!

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 67, UC Irvine 92

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Isn’t that how this works? Smith, granted he’s 3 games in, hasn’t done anything. Russell on the other hand, I’m not sure why he had such a bad game. But he’s actually shown he can contribute
    Smith played well against Detroit Mercy.
    18 minutes, 5 rebounds, 5-5 FG, 11 pts.
    A real non-factor!

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Smith played well against Detroit Mercy.
    18 minutes, 5 rebounds, 5-5 FG, 11 pts.
    A real non-factor!
    Keep that same energy about our depth when we 10 games under 500. We don’t have the talent you think we got

This all started when talking about depth. Remember? You claim that we have 7 players that play. You didn't say we had 7 players that contribute. Also, Smith is going to contribute. If for no other reason, he is a big body that will give us depth in the paint and hopefully someone who can challenge shots in the lane.Again, he had a poor game just like Russell did. The reality is we can play 9 guys if not more. We have to find a way to get these guys playing better.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    This all started when talking about depth. Remember? You claim that we have 7 players that play. You didn't say we had 7 players that contribute. Also, Smith is going to contribute. If for no other reason, he is a big body that will give us depth in the paint and hopefully someone who can challenge shots in the lane.Again, he had a poor game just like Russell did. The reality is we can play 9 guys if not more. We have to find a way to get these guys playing better.
    I’m standing by what I said. We can’t play 9 guys. There’s a reason he hasn’t played that many significant minutes. He’s got too many guys that are not ready for this level.

Holy hell! How in the $@#&! did DM beat them? Or should I say how the $%@#! did WE beat DM by 20?

All the while I'm watching a Southland Conference team in SFA absolutely take it to Duke in Cameron. Duke will likely pull away a bit in the second half but the stadium is as quiet as I've seen them. We can't take it to Cal Irvine.

I’m standing by what I said. We can’t play 9 guys. There’s a reason he hasn’t played that many significant minutes. He’s got too many guys that are not ready for this level.
    I actually question our talent level myself which is exactly why we should play more guys since we only have a few that actually stand out. It's also why I'm an advocate for playing an attacking style of defense at times to mix things up and hopefully get us some easy baskets.

DM showed us how to defeat UCI and their big bodies down low. We couldn’t hit the side of the barn from the inside.

The most important guy we have that isnt ready for this level gets paid nearly half a mil a year and wears slacks and a sport coat to games.

we dominate Detroit mercy inside and win by 20
    Then get dominated inside and lose by 25 to Irvine. My question is, how the hell did Detroit mercy beat Irvine by 12. How did they slow down Irvine’s bigs.

Stephen F Austin goes into Cameron Indoor and gets a win. I’m tired of the excuses. This southland team SFA has done more in the last 5 years then we have ever done

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information