Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2019-20 MBB: Louisiana 81 Detroit Mercy 62

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs Detroit Mercy

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Good performance. Excited for tomorrow.
    Only complaint I have is turnovers. Obviously free throws were issue last game. Last 25 minutes of game today was best play so far this year. Turnovers still a big concern but when Wesley is in game we seem to have less of a problem there. Defense last two games is encouraging. Maybe Brock Morris starting to have impact as that is his focus.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Solid much needed win.

Let's continue this against UC-Irvine!!!
    I know we've heard how great Uc-Irvine is but they've had a tough run of it thus far including a loss to this same Detroit Mercy team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I don't know why Thursday night only 8 guys managed to see the floor through 45 minutes of basketball the day after traveling halfway across the country and playing at 7,000 ft elevation. Yet today through 20 minutes we have already had 11 different guys in the game. I know that is because of the back to back but it could have worked Thursday too.
    I could answer your question, but lots of folks around here cant handle the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I know we've heard how great Uc-Irvine is but they've had a tough run of it thus far including a loss to this same Detroit Mercy team.
    They have lost 3 in a row and their record is 3-4.
    A recap of that game...
    https://ucirvinesports.com/news/2019...ain-event.aspx

Default Re: MBB Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Detroit Mercy

Was on the road, listened to the game. I always liked Justin simply because he tried. Even despite his weight issue and insistence of dribbling down low.

But if I remember correctly, Justin's issue was he was not considered as a first, second or third option by Marlin. Well, seems that hasn't changed at DM, and any idea of payback fell flat, along with the "greener pasture" doesn't look that great.

Detroit Mercy hit 15 three balls against Cal Irvine. That is somewhat luck and tough to beat anyone when that happens. I expect a tough game tomorrow as Irvine was off today. At Wyoming, a couple of guys who had been playing had minor injuries according to what Jay said today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Detroit Mercy hit 15 three balls against Cal Irvine. That is somewhat luck and tough to beat anyone when that happens. I expect a tough game tomorrow as Irvine was off today. At Wyoming, a couple of guys who had been playing had minor injuries according to what Jay said today.
    Mike, I've seen DM play a couple times this year. They are essentially a one man show. They do not do anything particularly that well. If Irvine is that good, you would expect them to not have a problem with a team that struggles to score across the board. We were told that they would be one of our toughest non conference games and they may be but they aren't nearly as good as most of us thought they were.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Was on the road, listened to the game. I always liked Justin simply because he tried. Even despite his weight issue and insistence of dribbling down low.

But if I remember correctly, Justin's issue was he was not considered as a first, second or third option by Marlin. Well, seems that hasn't changed at DM, and any idea of payback fell flat, along with the "greener pasture" doesn't look that great.
    I've seen DM play a couple times thus far this year and he's the same player. He can come in and give a spark or he'll come in and disrupt the offensive flow. I liked JM when he played within the offense and concentrated on rebounding and being a catalyst on offense with his passing. He was actually a good passer when he was playing well. He just wanted to be the man and took every opportunity he got to score and he often ended up forcing things that weren't there hence the large number of turnovers. That was why he drove me nuts and in some ways, I'm happy to see it hasn't changed and was just us holding him back.

Mike, I've seen DM play a couple times this year. They are essentially a one man show. They do not do anything particularly that well. If Irvine is that good, you would expect them to not have a problem with a team that struggles to score across the board. We were told that they would be one of our toughest non conference games and they may be but they aren't nearly as good as most of us thought they were.
    Irvine has not done as well as expected. They were good last year and have most of their guys back. You never know why something like that occurs. Still, they have to possess some talent in order to have accomplished what they did last season.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information