Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I'd like to see UL against some team that's ranked, not a team on the skkkankkk
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    And nobody thinks that sucks for us?

The best we could possibly hope for in a historic season would he a NOLA Bowl against a CUSA team?

Same here. At the beginning of this season I wasn't keen on another matchup because I wasn't sold on us being ready.

Now, there is zero question that we are the better team, so much so that I hope we getter a better opponent than those dog killers.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Did you just start following the team? We owe tech a beat down. A couple of them.
    Being an SBC champion, ranked, and playing Tech 2 hours from home might set another NOLA Bowl record.
    My thoughts exactly

Also, we would have to be the top ranked G5 to go anywhere other than NOLA.

Does a 12 win App State team - with wins against NC and SC - still go to new orleans bowl?
    Maybe not, if other P5 teams in front of them all start losing and they win out. They’ve got 2 wins vs P5 teams (as bad as they may be), we’ve got none. And they’d be 12-1. We’d be 11-2.

Top G5 team at the end of the season gets a shot at NY6. Everyone else plays in the bowl tied to their conference’s champion.

End of story. NOLA is the best for us this season. We go undefeated next year, or roll through as SBC champion with just one loss, a different bowl game might be in the cards. Not with two losses.

? No this would be the first in the 15 years I've been watching UL sports that we have a shot at a two loss season including a win vs a ranked opponent

Kinda sobering to find out that the best possible reward for that is the same reward as the 8-4 seasons we had under Hud
    The fruits will be sweeter under this regime, thanks to Hud. We on the come upBeat Monroe

I already have reservations for that weekend in NOLA. A game vs. Tech would be icing on the cake. We lost to an in state rival in Tulane last year in a bowl game. I’d like another crack at it vs. the Bulldogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_RAP53 View Post
    The fruits will be sweeter under this regime, thanks to Hud. We on the come upBeat Monroe
    I guess my overall point is that it sounds like the fruits are the same unless you have a once-in-a-program season

The best bowl against a good opponent is the cure bowl as you play an aac team

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    The best bowl against a good opponent is the cure bowl as you play an aac team
    Eh maybe these guys are right lol

Our game last year had about 1600 people in the stands

9. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl

I guess my overall point is that it sounds like the fruits are the same unless you have a once-in-a-program season
    That goes for virtually every G5 school in the country.

10. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl

"This season" I don't care who UL plays in a bowl.

The most important factor for fans and the program overall is the chase for 10, 11, or 12 wins.

Everyone of those is an all time best.

Worrying,about who we play for the final three games can wait for another year.

Every single game hither and thither going forward is uncharted territory.

Outside of App St, it would be SHOCKING if we played a ranked opponent the remainder of this season. Winning conference championship means getting to the NO Bowl and I don't see a CUSA member being ranked going into the bowl season. They have no one receiving votes in the AP vote this week.

12. UL Football Re: New Orleans Bowl

? No this would be the first in the 15 years I've been watching UL sports that we have a shot at a two loss season including a win vs a ranked opponent

Kinda sobering to find out that the best possible reward for that is the same reward as the 8-4 seasons we had under Hud
    Clearly you've missed or ignored this situation. The Cajuns best bowl available is always NOLA, except if we're the G5 rep. I'm guessing that under certain circumstances there may be another bowl.

13. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Clearly you've missed or ignored this situation. The Cajuns best bowl available is always NOLA, except if we're the G5 rep. I'm guessing that under certain circumstances there may be another bowl.
    If I remember correctly.the Tulane NO Bowl had about 45K in red and about12k in green,,<,am IClose? The sea of red!

14. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl

Yeah mostly red and about a third green.

Name the backup quarterback that provided the winning energy for us.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Yeah mostly red and about a third green.

Name the backup quarterback that provided the winning energy for us.
    Jalen Nixon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information