Thread: Keep It Classy

Default Keep It Classy

I think most of you would agree with me. While, very few if any were satisfied with the way that Robert handled the program (Win and Loss - wise) over the last couple of years, let's please keep the enthusiasm geared towards the new direction of the program.

Robert has been a part of this program for 14 years. For some very good times and very bad times.

While the basketball program may benefit from a new coach and new direction, I think the University lost a tremendous person and an employee who had great passion for the Ragin' Cajuns. Many of you may be unaware that Robert would often drive or catch rides to road games to watch the football team play.

I know today may be one of the most difficult days of his entire life. It can also not be easy for his wife and two young children.

So, thank you Robert Lee. Although things may not have worked out here. We wish you and your family the best in whatever may lie ahead. Hopefully, it is another opportunity in college coaching, where you will enjoy the success that eluded you here.

2. Default Re: Keep It Classy

Robert Lee did his job. He cleaned up the mess that Jessie created (while at the same time toeing the APR line; which I understand was probably part of getting the culture right around here) and he brought some honor back to being a Ragin Cajun. Now, its time to take the next step, and move forward in a big way. Thanks for your hard work behind the scenes coach.

3. Default Re: Keep It Classy

Keep it classy yes.

However Jessie had no impact on Robert Lee's APR failings.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Keep It Classy

I thank coach Lee for his service to UL and wish him the best in the future.

Default Re: Keep It Classy

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ I think most of you would agree with me. While, very few if any were satisfied with the way that Robert handled the program (Win and Loss - wise) over the last couple of years, let's please keep the enthusiasm geared towards the new direction of the program.

Robert has been a part of this program for 14 years. For some very good times and very bad times.

While the basketball program may benefit from a new coach and new direction, I think the University lost a tremendous person and an employee who had great passion for the Ragin' Cajuns. Many of you may be unaware that Robert would often drive or catch rides to road games to watch the football team play.

I know today may be one of the most difficult days of his entire life. It can also not be easy for his wife and two young children.

So, thank you Robert Lee. Although things may not have worked out here. We wish you and your family the best in whatever may lie ahead. Hopefully, it is another opportunity in college coaching, where you will enjoy the success that eluded you here. _
    Excellent post, and I couldn't agree more.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I think most of you would agree with me. While, very few if any were satisfied with the way that Robert handled the program (Win and Loss - wise) over the last couple of years, let's please keep the enthusiasm geared towards the new direction of the program.

So, thank you Robert Lee. Although things may not have worked out here. We wish you and your family the best in whatever may lie ahead. Hopefully, it is another opportunity in college coaching, where you will enjoy the success that eluded you here.
    I couldn't have said it better.

Thread Information