Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: FB Attendance: Complaints, Observations, Fixes (merged)

UL Football FB Attendance: Complaints, Observations, Fixes (merged)

I don’t know what else this TEAM, Coaches, and University has to do to get people to support this program. They are so much fun to watch.
    The Student section was once again a disgrace and the home side was pathetic also.
    Hope people will wake up, if not, why would Napier and his coaching staff want to stay here to an unappreciative community

GEAUX CAJUNS

Default Re: Attendance

Agreed. they need to make student attendance mandatory lol I know this won’t happen, but they need to get students to buy into the culture.

I just hope he stays long enough to give the fanbase a chance to show they can support this program!

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    I don’t know what else this TEAM, Coaches, and University has to do to get people to support this program. They are so much fun to watch.
    The Student section was once again a disgrace and the home side was pathetic also.
    Hope people will wake up, if not, why would Napier and his coaching staff want to stay here to an unappreciative community

GEAUX CAJUNS
    I agree attendance was pathetic.but Napier has over a million reasons to stay, he’s being compensated handsomely compared to our peers

congrats to fans and students that did and do attend the games
    Those not attending are missing a great team that can play with anyone in the country
    Geaux Cajuns.

I wasn’t able to make the game today. At home with two kiddos with the flu 😷. Thankfully they seem to be on the mend. Gave my tickets away and they were used. We plan to be at the ULM game, Geaux Cajuns!

7. Default Re: Attendance

Thanksgiving break being next week means professors are trying to get last minute tests and projects to fill out lesson plans. A lot of students that I usually go with are studying/working on projects before the break.

How dare professors and students put academics before athletics !!!

Quote Originally Posted by carnold983 View Post
    I wasn't able to make the game today. At home with two kiddos with the flu 😷. Thankfully they seem to be on the mend. Gave my tickets away and they were used. We plan to be at the ULM game, Geaux Cajuns!
    Thanks for doing that. I don't think anything can be done to improve attendance. Too easy to watch on TV now. Several bars in area also have every game. Only thing I can suggest is that those of us who have been going tell everyone how much fun attending is.

I know today’s attendance was awful, but I’m wondering what a good / successful number is in today’s football world. I attended from ‘97-‘00 and remember some very empty games as well as some very full games against Tech, for example.

Today I kept and eye on Tech vs UAB. Between them they had 15 wins going into the game and the stadium today in B’ham looked to have 10k maybe in attendance. I live in Denver now and make it to a game in Ft. Collins every once in a while in their brand new $220 million stadium built with about 36k seats. They are putting in about 25k right now, albeit during an awful season. But year 3 into a >$200m project and they should be at 90% capacity IMO. Even the Ole Miss vs LSU game last week in Oxford looked like a thin crowd. Stats say 53k were there - but there’s no way.

I’d love 30k at the games, or 25k even. Is 25k realistic? What do we think the administration is shooting for?

11. UL Football Re: Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    How dare professors and students put academics before athletics !!!
    Really it doesn't have to be either or. With appropriate planning both can occur.

People don't go to UL for the sports aspect. They're going to class and unfortunately getting their sports fix with their LSU buds, probably with a keg or bong for additional highs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Thanks for doing that. I don't think anything can be done to improve attendance. Too easy to watch on TV now. Several bars in area also have every game. Only thing I can suggest is that those of us who have been going tell everyone how much fun attending is.
    Absolutely right, Mike! For a small fe ESPN+ Is available, and restaurants and Drinking establishments have games for free. Fans that have enjoyed this Great Team will have to go out and let their friends Know WHY they too should be at these games!

Look in this age of college football, I actually think our fan base only consists of about 22-25K MAX at this point. We probably will RARELY get any more than that. We only have about 8K hardcore football fans. LOTS would rather sit and watch at home. MOST probably just don’t follow UL sports anymore.

25K is the new 40K of old.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Look in this age of college football, I actually think our fan base only consists of about 22-25K MAX at this point. We probably will RARELY get any more than that. We only have about 8K hardcore football fans. LOTS would rather sit and watch at home. MOST probably just don’t follow UL sports anymore.

25K is the new 40K of old.
    I think we are sending a clear message to the administration about the renovation. Focus on the west side press box and suites. Club seating, etc. And perhaps reduced lower level seating by regrading and making slightly wider seating, which would functionally spread seating more toward the goal lines and into already underutilized south endzone.

Lafayette is a scene to be seen town. Half the people we make fun of can’t spell LSU. They just go bc that is what everyone is doing. Until we renovate the stadium and have a consistent winnerthis will be the case for attendance. Right or wrong, it is what it is. Yes, this team is amazing, and I will be there supporting every week, but ur casual UL fan still remembers the last couple years under Hud. It’s just going to take time. The fans will come!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information