Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Butch Pierre

Default Butch Pierre

why don't we hire butch pierre?

Default Re: I know i'm probably gonna get burned for this but....

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan89 View Post
    _ why don't we hire butch pierre? _
    I believe his name is in the mix. One missing element on his resume may be the lack of previous head coaching experience (interim doesn't count). I believe that is one of the criteria the admin would like although I don't know if it would necessarily be a deal breaker if they decided he had all of the other elements they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ I believe his name is in the mix. One missing element on his resume may be the lack of previous head coaching experience (interim doesn't count). I believe that is one of the criteria the admin would like although I don't know if it would necessarily be a deal breaker if they decided he had all of the other elements they wanted. _
    i think that being an assistant at LSU a few years ago when they were in the ncaa tourny along with assisting at OK St. who is going to the tourny. do you think that may add a little perk to his resume?

The only thing that makes me a bit apprehensive about Pierre is that if he's such a good coach why hasn't he gotten a head job yet. It's not like he's a young guy, he's been to some big programs but still hasn't had a head job. Now I don't know if he has been offered before and hasn't gotten the right offer yet or if outside of LA he's just not on anyone's radar.

Look at it this way...

The head coaches that he has worked for have done nothing with out him. His recruiting ability will help him as a head coach. If robert lee would have had pierre, he would still be here...

that being said, some guys are just great asst coaches and thats it. Not every asst makes a head coach. Him not being hired the last time the job was open kinda raises my question of it he wasnt good enough then, then why is he good enough now. i dont know what the answer is but its just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ that being said, some guys are just great asst coaches and thats it. Not every asst makes a head coach. Him not being hired the last time the job was open kinda raises my question of it he wasnt good enough then, then why is he good enough now. i dont know what the answer is but its just a thought _
    possibility that his resume wasn't as extensive at it is now. he has proven that he can help make things work with a program outside of the state of La. all he needs is to pull a decent assistant and i think he would be set here

I believe the last time he applied Doc A was still in the top spot. I have heard that Doc A was not happy with a star player following Butch when he left. The feeling is that Doc had a long memory and held that against him. That is just what I have been told by someone closer to the basketball program than me.

igeaux.mobi

I'm about 95% sure he's our man!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredof theBS View Post
    _ I'm about 95% sure he's our man! _
    i feel he will be too. in the not too distant past though i've heard some people making some rather harsh comments about him and how he shouldnt be considered if the position should open up.

I'll take that 5% that he won't be our man. There are two other guys who are very interested in this job who have much better credentials than he does. But there is a good chance that we can not meet their needs so he may end up being the guy.

Don't expect a decision to be made until sometime in April.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ I'll take that 5% that he won't be our man. There are two other guys who are very interested in this job who have much better credentials than he does. But there is a good chance that we can not meet their needs so he may end up being the guy.

Don't expect a decision to be made until sometime in April. _
    who is the two??????

I also say Butch Pierre. He has proven that he is a great recruiter especially in the state of Louisiana. His team always wins. I think he would be a great fit.
    IF not Butch I would like to see Dennis Felton, the old WKU coach. I always respected him and liked what he did at WKU.

Pierre is my 4th choice, but I don't think that Gillispie or Felton would come here. I'd also love to see Kennedy by that's just not going to happen.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information