Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G11: Louisiana 53, Troy 3

Default Re: LIVE Game Talk: Louisiana vs Troy

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    I don’t follow other programs in the belt closely. Troys qB has some pretty gaudy stats and there may be others. Is Lewis an allconference QB? He outplayed every QB we’ve played except for App.
    Again, I am by no means suggesting that QBR is a perfect rating system, none is. However, I do believe it provides a way to broadly judge a quarterback absent doing a lot of tape.

Using that metric, Lewis id ranked 42 nationally and 9th within the G5, ahead of every other SBC quarterback except for ULM, who is ranked 41.

I'd say definitely a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    The most important thing you should have noticed is that Jaive makes very quick reads and gets rid of the ball in about half the time that Levi typically takes. He was never under any pressure at all from Troy, mostly because the ball was out of his hand before pressure could develop.

THAT is why I thought he would replace Levi as the starter, and why i am not worried if Levi should be lost for any reason. We would look different with Jaive, but we would be just as good as we are with Levi.
    I did notice that. However, up 47 points in the 4th quarter is not the same situation as the first drive of the game. Not to take anything away from Magalei, because I thought he looked outstanding in that specific situation. But it's a different beast entirely when it's the beginning of the game and everyone's looking to you to be the guy. Again, not saying that he can't do it. It's just Levi's team right now.

As for Levi being "elite", I'd have to defer to Napier. He's playing right now because he has the faith of the coaches and the team. Until something happens to shake that belief or he leaves the program, he's our starter. And I'm quite happy with that situation. But it appears we've got a good bench in case something happens.

Misleading stat of the day: The last two games on the play when Magalei has taken over at QB, UL has run a big play for a touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    I did notice that. However, up 47 points in the 4th quarter is not the same situation as the first drive of the game. Not to take anything away from Magalei, because I thought he looked outstanding in that specific situation. But it's a different beast entirely when it's the beginning of the game and everyone's looking to you to be the guy. Again, not saying that he can't do it. It's just Levi's team right now.

As for Levi being "elite", I'd have to defer to Napier. He's playing right now because he has the faith of the coaches and the team. Until something happens to shake that belief or he leaves the program, he's our starter. And I'm quite happy with that situation. But it appears we've got a good bench in case something happens.
    One knock Javi hangs onto the ball much too long on the read option

However the play play action pass play where he threw a dart over the middle my goodness that was a thing of beauty. Just long enough to freeze the linebackers but quick enough to hit his Wr in stride

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Does anyone have coach Napier’s post game press conference. I’d love to hear it.

6. Default Re: LIVE Game Talk: Louisiana vs Troy

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    One knock Javi hangs onto the ball much too long on the read option

However the play play action pass play where he threw a dart over the middle my goodness that was a thing of beauty. Just long enough to freeze the linebackers but quick enough to hit his Wr in stride
    You’d think by now teams would have figured out the escape move. Lewis pulls it off so often he must have it patented.

I will say I’m surprised he’s not more effective when he decides to run on a broken play. Agreed he’s rarely sacked but way too many 1-3 yard gains. Maybe I’m just expecting too much.

The number of pages in this thread is indicative of our reaction to the Cajuns prowess.

Speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    The number of pages in this thread is indicative of our reaction to the Cajuns prowess.

Speechless.
    But obviously not wordless based upon the 16 pages this has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Coach Napier called Levi Lewis an "elite" player in the post game press conference last night. I am not sure of the exact definition of elite but I know it is not used for the great majority of players. He used that term because of the intelligence Levi displays in running the offense and getting us to the right play be it pass or run. All that being said, I agree that we would be effective with Jaive running the offense. Coach Napier has said as much at the QB Club. We would change the offense slightly to fit his talents but our offense would still be effective were he be required to play meaningful minutes. Fortunately we have given him some real time in our four blowout wins. That will help prepare him when it is turn to take over.
    I wouldn't go that far either, however, he's an efficient player and may lead the SBC in that category by end of season.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    But obviously not wordless based upon the 16 pages this has gone.
    My point is that, when the game goes wrong the page count is quadruple this thread.

11. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 53, Troy 3

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    My point is that, when the game goes wrong the page count is quadruple this thread.
    The "fixers" are unemployed after a 53-3 blowout.

Sometimes its nice being out of work.

Especially so when you work for free.

12. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 53, Troy 3

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The "fixers" are unemployed after a 53-3 blowout.

Sometimes its nice being out of work.

Especially so when you work for free.
    The “fixer” was in a different thread and if he didn’t work for free he would be as well as fired.

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 53, Troy 3

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The “fixer” was in a different thread and if he didn’t work for free he would be as well as fired.
    Your trolling stopped being entertaining to everyone but you about 500 posts ago.

14. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 53, Troy 3

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Your trolling stopped being entertaining to everyone but you about 500 posts ago.
    And?

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 53, Troy 3

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And?
    And nothing. Just letting you know.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information