Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ranking question?

Default Ranking question?

Say, we win the next two games and pull off a win in the championship game versus a ranked team. If the moons align and the correct teams lose, do you think we have a chance at getting ranked #25?

Personally, I would be ecstatic to be 11-2 but pray for this for recruiting purposes!

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Say, we win the next two games and pull off a win in the championship game versus a ranked team. If the moons align and the correct teams lose, do you think we have a chance at getting ranked #25?

Personally, I would be ecstatic to be 11-2 but pray for this for recruiting purposes!
    If we win out and beat a top 20 App on the road for the SBC championship we will be 23-25

Default Re: Ranking question?

If we win out, the summer whiskey thread will be so much more enjoyable!

You guys best start researching plans on ways to get to Boone, we need hundreds there, not a skeleton crew of die hards like last December.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    You guys best start researching plans on ways to get to Boone, we need hundreds there, not a skeleton crew of die hard like last December.
    Just booked my flight out of NOLA $83 R/T to Concord. I figure it's cheap enough to lose it if we somehow don't end up in Boone

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Just booked my flight out of NOLA $83 R/T to Concord. I figure it's cheap enough to lose it if we somehow don't end up in Boone
    Gettn it done playa.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post

WHEN we win the next 3 games Louisiana will be in top 25.

See my post #19 on the thread titled “Troy Fan Page”. I actually looked at the scenarios for get teams out of the way in front of us and keep those behind us at bay.

9. UL Football Re: Ranking question?

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    WHEN we win the next 3 games Louisiana will be in top 25.
    If you're currently ranked your name and logo get posted on the bottom line about ten times more than not being ranked. That's a strong subliminal message going to recruits.

App is getting that now and it until they lose. That's an important recruiting advantage for the early signing period. I don't know if just getting votes is a big deal on the subliminal level because we're not getting that consistent message out.

What if we win 4 in a row? Top 20 final ranking? Then, we open next year just outside the rankings, but win our first 12? Top 10? Then if we win the NY6 bowl next year, do we have an argument for the national championship?

I bet that would do wonders for recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    What if we win 4 in a row? Top 20 final ranking? Then, we open next year just outside the rankings, but win our first 12? Top 10? Then if we win the NY6 bowl next year, do we have an argument for the national championship?

I bet that would do wonders for recruiting.
    We want bama!! Oops I mean we want LSU!!

12. Default Re: Ranking question?

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    We want bama!! Oops I mean we want LSU!!
    Is there ANY possible way the stars could align for us to be the g5 entry into the bowls? What would have to happen?

13. Default Re: Ranking question?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Is there ANY possible way the stars could align for us to be the g5 entry into the bowls? What would have to happen?
    .I know there are Memphis, Cinn, Boise, and a few more in front of us!

Do you really think that we'd crack the top 25? We have, as of right now, 8 votes. Here's 26-28 and how many votes they have currently, Virginia Tech (46) 7-3; Air Force (43) 8-2; Indiana (39). That's a lot of votes to overcome and not a lot of time left if we're going to get nickeled and dimed on votes per week. My gut feeling is that we'll end up somewhere around #27 but I'd be ecstatic if it were to happen.

15. Default Re: Ranking question?

It wasnt polls related but Bum Phillips used to have a saying about first you knock on the door, before you knock it down or something like that.

I forget, Boomer what is it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information