Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 MBB: Louisiana 61, Wyoming 69

Default Re: Louisiana Faces Wyoming In MGM Resorts Main Event

Two poor shooting teams played last night and we finished second. If we had a thompson and maldanado we would have won by 20.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    What's interesting is that in his postgame comments, Marlin stated that he did not blame the FT shooting for the loss but rather the players unwillingness to run the offense instead of shooting too many 3's. I do agree with this but if you hit 22 straight the game before, you cannot shoot 40+% in the next game where it costs you either.
    Players who are unwilling to run the offense? If so, I think there's a lot more issues other than, they just can't make a shot. If I were the coach and a player didn't want to run my offense, they'd be on the bench or off the team.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    What's interesting is that in his postgame comments, Marlin stated that he did not blame the FT shooting for the loss but rather the players unwillingness to run the offense instead of shooting too many 3's......
    Well, that's unfortunate.

I wonder how Coach Knight would have handled that?

4. Default Re: Louisiana Faces Wyoming In MGM Resorts Main Event

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Well, that's unfortunate.

I wonder how Coach Knight would have handled that?
    Chair

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Players who are unwilling to run the offense? If so, I think there's a lot more issues other than, they just can't make a shot. If I were the coach and a player didn't want to run my offense, they'd be on the bench or off the team.
    He did not say that in postgame ??? If true I have lost the little respect I had left for the man

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    He did not say that in postgame ??? If true I have lost the little respect I had left for the man
    What I remember him saying was that missing free throws didn't cost us the game but that we lost because we couldn't make any shots. I don't recall him saying anything about "not running the offense".

Not defending him, that's just what I recall he said.

I think it was more along the lines of not being able to run the offense effectively and missing too many FT. We were also terrible from the 3 point line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    Sure it is...the lift comes from the legs.
    So it’s okay to be a D1 athlete (and the teams best scorer) and air ball a free throw? You’re kidding right? I’ve coached middle schoolers and even they shouldn’t air ball free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I think it was more along the lines of not being able to run the offense effectively and missing too many FT. We were also terrible from the 3 point line.
    Name an aspect we were good last night. I’ll wait..

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    What I remember him saying was that missing free throws didn't cost us the game but that we lost because we couldn't make any shots. I don't recall him saying anything about "not running the offense".

Not defending him, that's just what I recall he said.
    Gotcha that's a lot better

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajunArmy View Post
    Name an aspect we were good last night. I’ll wait..
    Defense was alright. Other than that, I have nothing else.

What’s the definition of insanity people? We’ve been doing the same thing for 10 years now, and people are expecting a different result. Somethings gotta give.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Defense was alright. Other than that, I have nothing else.
    A team that averages 57.8 ppg scored 70 on us. We got out rebounded. Defense was our best aspect I agree, but that was still pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajunArmy View Post
    So it’s okay to be a D1 athlete (and the teams best scorer) and air ball a free throw? You’re kidding right? I’ve coached middle schoolers and even they shouldn’t air ball free throws.

Not able to watch the game last night, but Russell’s the one guy I would give the benefit of doubt to. He’s the best pure shooter I’ve seen in a Cajun uniform

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Not able to watch the game last night, but Russell’s the one guy I would give the benefit of doubt to. He’s the best pure shooter I’ve seen in a Cajun uniform
    I disagree. He’s one of the best, but I’d put both Bryant Mbamalu and Kasey Shepherd ahead of him. Especially Kasey.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information