Thread: Sun Belt Tournament Play Starts Thursday for Louisiana Volleyball

1. Default Sun Belt Tournament Play Starts Thursday for Louisiana Volleyball

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Volleyball team, winners of nine of its past 10 matches, is set to begin play in the 2019 Sun Belt Conference Tournament on Thursday, Nov. 21 at Strahan Arena in San Marcos, Texas.

The rest of the story
    Louisiana AD

Default Re: Sun Belt Tournament Play Starts Thursday for Louisiana Volleyball

Busy Thursday for the Cajun Athletic Department:

#5 Seeded Cajun Volleyball vs Arkansas State 5PM
    3-1 Cajun Ladies Basketball vs UNO 7PM
    3-1 Cajun Men's Basketball vs Wyoming 7PM

All games are on the road Geaux Cajuns!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Busy Thursday for the Cajun Athletic Department:

#5 Seeded Cajun Volleyball vs Arkansas State 5PM
    3-1 Cajun Ladies Basketball vs UNO 7PM
    3-1 Cajun Men's Basketball vs Wyoming 7PM

All games are on the road Geaux Cajuns!!!!
    Have we ever advanced to the finals in volleyball

I thought volleyball was having a good season until I realized they were sub .500 and the 5th seed kinda meh

Tough losses this year Lannister. The path is doable. We beat stAte twice this year and lost a close one to Troy. We went 1-1 against Texas State which almost ended up both having 5 sets. Coach Heather will have them ready.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Have we ever advanced to the finals in volleyball

I thought volleyball was having a good season until I realized they were sub .500 and the 5th seed kinda meh
    It is still kind of Meh!, but remember this team was 4-10 at one point, which means they finished 10-5 and overtook about 8 teams to get where they are now. I don't know or think they they have ever reached the finals. I think this team can make a run at the tournament, they should defeat Arkansas State in the first round to get them to the final 6. If they win that game they will have to play Troy, the #4 seed. They lost to Troy early in the season when we were not playing very well. So I think they have a chance.

At that point they would have to play the #1 seed and that will be tough, but remember we played Texas State twice this year a 1-3 loss to them that was fairly close, we lost game 1 23-25, won game 2 and lost game 4 20-25. Then we came back and beat them in Lafayette in 5 games.

So while I don't think they can win it all, I think at least winning the first game should happen, and game 2 and 3 will be tougher but still possible.

I wish they’d rotate the site of the tournament every year instead of always having it in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I wish they’d rotate the site of the tournament every year instead of always having it in New Orleans.
    You are confused with Basketball, the Volleyball tournament is in San Marcos, TX this year.

Tough losses this year Lannister. The path is doable. We beat stAte twice this year and lost a close one to Troy. We went 1-1 against Texas State which almost ended up both having 5 sets. Coach Heather will have them ready.
    understandable

Oops. Thought is was always in N.O. Evidently they’ve never considered holding it in Lafayette.

11. Default Re: Sun Belt Tournament Play Starts Thursday for Louisiana Volleyball

Oops. Thought is was always in N.O. Evidently they’ve never considered holding it in Lafayette.
    As Yogi mightofsaid
    'Can't go there, it's to far in between.'

Thread Information