Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G10: Louisiana 37, South Alabama 27

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, South Alabama 27

Yeah, I’m sure it will be a tough game, but I’m also certain we will prevail. The similarities between this game and the saints game last week are eerily similar: the best playing the worst, and just coming out flat. I prefer our outcome at least.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Another thing, South Alabama came out fired up and ready to play and took it to us in the first half. Minter and the frosh Davis are two quality running backs. It speaks well for their kids that at 1 and 7 they still had fire in the belly to give the effort that they gave yesterday. Games like this are going to happen. You just hope that you have a high quality staff and good enough talent to see you through to victory. Like the rest of our fans I wasn't happy while viewing this game but I'm darned well happy today. Our kids will be ready for this one coming up on Saturday. We owe them a beating too.
    Yep this illustrates the quality of this staff. In years past we lose this game. SoAl came fires up and took the game to us. We stayed focused and in the end talent won out

The future of this program is extraordinarily high. I’m talking New Years Day bowl high

Injury updates? Hoping they not bad

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Injury updates? Hoping they not bad
    We will know about injuries tomorrow at the presser

5. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, South Alabama 27

That’s what I thought as well.

6. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, South Alabama 27

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This was a trap game.

Last night was proof you don't HAVE to get caught in the trap.

CongratULations to the team.
    We absolutely knew about Minter being an all conference type back. We had 2 touchdowns by penalties for the Jags, and they recovered 3 fumbles on their way to a third. You can’t erase that they happened, but we had the talent to stop all three. Coaches and players need to clean up roughing and targeting. Lady Luck needs to help us now instead of the opponents.

Close game with USA as usual with the exception of the beat down they gave us when playing for the conference championship in brooks haack first start

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    by halftime there were more UL fans than USA fans and I really couldnt tell where the student section was so very few students there.
    It was the Jags red out game. Go figure they would do that against us.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Close game with USA as usual with the exception of the beat down they gave us when playing for the conference championship in brooks haack first start
    One thing that I have not seen mentioned is that yesterday's victory clinches a winning season for the Cajuns, first time since 2014. That alone is reason to celebrate. Need one more to get a winning season against FBS competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    One thing that I have not seen mentioned is that yesterday's victory clinches a winning season for the Cajuns, first time since 2014. That alone is reason to celebrate. Need one more to get a winning season against FBS competition.
    Yup, noticed that myself. It’s nice to be on the winning side for once.

11. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, South Alabama 27

All the more impressive in the era of 13-14 games.

All other clinches were before or in the era of 11-12 and more recently 12-13 game seasons.

I noticed but at this point, I'd like to think we have much bigger goals ahead of us to shoot for.

If our program ever achieves the level we all hope for, nationally recognized, consistent top 25 program, we will pass tons of these milestones on the way.

14. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, South Alabama 27

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I noticed but at this point, I'd like to think we have much bigger goals ahead of us to shoot for.
    You are 100% correct, but I think it is very important to acknowledge each rung on the ladder as its achieved.

It keeps the game fun, a necessity if you want to accomplish further goals.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You are 100% correct, but I think it is very important to acknowledge each rung on the ladder as its achieved.

It keeps the game fun, a necessity if you want to accomplish further goals.

jmo
    You have a good point.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information