Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G10: Louisiana 37, South Alabama 27

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, South Alabama 27

I have to thank the alumni assn tent and the people who made me feel welcome today, it was truly a great group to be around especially since I don't get to make as many games as I would like. It was an ugly cold game but the fans made it well worthwile

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Dude my gut says Troy is going to walk in to cajun field and give us a beat down... defense looked bad and we were being beat on the line of scrimmage
    I don’t think anyone is giving us a beat down. Troy is only a few points away from being 8-2 and have a great offense. We will definitely have to play a better game than we did tonight. If I was betting on this game, I wouldn’t bet against the Cajuns based on the first 10 games of the season.

We obviously came out flat today. But we won 38 to 28 and offensively left, as Coach Napier stated, 12 points on the field. Special teams were good today but defensively we weren't very good until about midway through the 3rd quarter when we picked it up a bit. Hopefully we get Hill back for next weekend.

When you don't play as well as you can and have an emotionless game, but still win that's a positive thing. We aren't that far removed from a time that we lost these games.

Our goals are still in front of us and we are well capable of achieving them. Troy will be a good football game but I feel that if we play to our abilities we will win.....Geaux cajuns.

Injuries are mounting.. My biggest concern. Its going to be tough to win out. I'm hopeful but another worry is that being 8-2 the press will be highlighting us and the sky is falling posters will spend all day wondering where Naps is going. Lots of distraction. How we handle success will tell.

I ain’t worried about Napier until after the conference championship... we must finish the job.... i think has been like 5 or 6 years since we beat Troy.... I hope we are ready to end that.... Any update on Zion hill injury?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I ain’t worried about Napier until after the conference championship... we must finish the job.... i think has been like 5 or 6 years since we beat Troy.... I hope we are ready to end that.... Any update on Zion hill injury?
    Haven't heard anything yet.....

Another thing, South Alabama came out fired up and ready to play and took it to us in the first half. Minter and the frosh Davis are two quality running backs. It speaks well for their kids that at 1 and 7 they still had fire in the belly to give the effort that they gave yesterday. Games like this are going to happen. You just hope that you have a high quality staff and good enough talent to see you through to victory. Like the rest of our fans I wasn't happy while viewing this game but I'm darned well happy today. Our kids will be ready for this one coming up on Saturday. We owe them a beating too.

8. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, South Alabama 27

This was a trap game.

Last night was proof you don't HAVE to get caught in the trap.

CongratULations to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    All this TE action has to be making Ladarius Green proud.
    Turbine, just an FYI, Ladarius was at the game last night with the Robinson crew. There were at least 50 family members there supporting Rico and the Cajuns.

10. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, South Alabama 27

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Turbine, just an FYI, Ladarius was at the game last night with the Robinson crew. There were at least 50 family members there supporting Rico and the Cajuns.
    Whoa, how cool was that!

How many Cajun fans were in the stands?

We had probably had 200 or more fans at the game.

by halftime there were more UL fans than USA fans and I really couldnt tell where the student section was so very few students there.

How did it go a few years ago?
    "I have a bad, BAD feeling about TROY this weekend...."

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    How did it go a few years ago?
    "I have a bad, BAD feeling about TROY this weekend...."
    I dont.....but I think it's going to be one hell of a game.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information