Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: 2019-20 MBB: Louisiana 73, Youngstown 61

UL Basketball Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Youngstown 61

Cajuns next game is against Wyoming on Thursday, Nov. 21 in Laramie.
    Cajuns are ranked about 205 and Wyoming about 306.
    https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-ba...m=UL+Lafayette

Default Re: Louisiana vs Youngstown

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    22 straight from the line in the second half. I can't tell you how significant that stat is. That alone covers up lots of sins and win you lots of games that are in doubt. We did have plenty of mistakes in the first half to cover up including a stagnant half court offense and too many turnovers. Encouraging that several players knocked them down and even the front end of the one and one was hit twice. I do give coaches credit for one thing and that was sitting Dou Gueye for some bad decisions offensively. While he was out we did struggle on the boards against a bigger team. When he came back in he was more in control and helped against the press as well as at the line. Also, this was Kobe Julien's best game in every aspect. Moved well all over the court and showed no ill effects from the injury. Need that Kobe to show up more frequently for this to not be a rough season. Finally, I do expect PJ Hardy to play again. He would not have been allowed to practice yesterday and dress tonight if there was not a plan for him to return at some point.
    When was the last time, if ever, the Cajuns made 22 consecutive free throws in a game?

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Youngstown 61

Mike, according to the media guide, we broke the consecutive free throws made record by one.
    The previous record was 21 against Southeastern 2/24/68.
    The highest FT% was 100%, 20 for 20, at Auburn also in 1968.

4. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Youngstown 61

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I agree, I could see with the injury scenario why they would invite him back to practice only. However if the intention is for him to be suspended for the full season he would never be allowed to dress and sit on the bench during a game.
    I’m certain that’s not a Big Fish thing. He’d never ask someone to come back as practice facilitator with no real chance to play. I’m gonna knock Marlin for his inability to game time coach and recruiting. He’s not a vindictive guy that’s going to teach that young man a life lesson come hell or high water.

If he’s practicing he’s going to have an opportunity to help on the court. Maybe it’s after the new semester begins or sooner. He’s probably on a super short leash though, and I have no idea why he’s in trouble to begin with.

5. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Youngstown 61

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    One more point about the free throw shooting. For you football guys, 22 straight is the equivalent of picking up 3rd and 1 ten straight times. Can't emphasize enough how impressive that stat is.
    Very interesting? Do you have a source for this statement, or is it something Big Fish or BOP opined?

6. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Youngstown 61

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Mike, according to the media guide, we broke the consecutive free throws made record by one.
    The previous record was 21 against Southeastern 2/24/68.
    The highest FT% was 100%, 20 for 20, at Auburn also in 1968.
    You present a percentage stat alien to me.

That's "Area 51" territory this team is treading on.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Very interesting? Do you have a source for this statement, or is it something Big Fish or BOP opined?
    Just my opinion

8. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Youngstown 61

I do it too, put some stats with nothing more than what I think it should be.

Here’s what should have been at the end of my question 😉 x 22

BTW, what is the ‘Courtside Club’ that I got wristbands for? Don’t remember hearing anything about this, and we couldn’t figure out where it was last night.

10. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Youngstown 61

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    BTW, what is the ‘Courtside Club’ that I got wristbands for? Don’t remember hearing anything about this, and we couldn’t figure out where it was last night.
    If you don't know what it was for, they must have thought you were someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    NE corner floor level.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread Information