Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: TCU -18 vs Louisiana Basketball

1. Default Re: TCU -18 vs Louisiana Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    If we had our best 8 v their best 8, you got a point. We didn't and won't anytime soon.
    I'm not arguing that. I'm saying, we played the same amount of bodies.
    But in truth, our biggest contributors this year played the most minutes, excluding Russell, who apparently is injury prone.

I'm not out here crushing Marlin today. Just talking about the game.

Default Re: TCU -18 vs Louisiana Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Turnover machine. Thinks he can dribble penetrate. Nah!
    Was Dou and Brock a package deal? I think we got the wool pulled over our eyes with that one. Juco ball is not D1. This guy is not a good team player right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    But in truth, our biggest contributors this year played the most minutes, excluding Russell, who apparently is injury prone.

10-4.

Russell seems to be the player that got touches every time we were on offense. PJ was probably going to be the next man up for that position. We're jacked up as a team. It is a microcosm of our problem.

Will be interesting Friday night.

4. Default Re: TCU -18 vs Louisiana Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    10-4.

Russell seems to be the player that got touches every time we were on offense. PJ was probably going to be the next man up for that position. We're jacked up as a team. It is a microcosm of our problem.

Will be interesting Friday night.
    Ya know, the propaganda BS really p(i)ssed me off. I said what I had to say about it.
    But now, I'm just sad. Disappointed in where we are. Regardless of circumstances, we're just in a major rut. Injuries, roster overhaul, scheduling struggles. It's just bad.

Perpetual purgatory. I don't care whose fault it is at this point. I'm just sick and tired of it.

What? How is Russell injury prone? He was 3rd on the team in starts last year with 28 and third on the team in minutes played at 859. His freshman year, he played in all 34 games.

6. Default Re: TCU -18 vs Louisiana Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    What? How is Russell injury prone? He was 3rd on the team in starts last year with 28 and third on the team in minutes played at 859. His freshman year, he played in all 34 games.
    What does starts have to do with it? He's been hurt several times since he's been here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    Was Dou and Brock a package deal? I think we got the wool pulled over our eyes with that one. Juco ball is not D1. This guy is not a good team player right now.
    Well it was Dou and the Caldwell kid who tore his ACL as the package deal with Morris

The direction of the program feels more like year 1 than year 10

Gueye was playing his first game against that level of competition and it showed, remember this guy has only been playing basketball a couple of years. Coaches can use that game film as a teaching moment, if we are still seeing that type of play mid to late season then there is something to gripe about. He didn’t come out of nowhere with Morris. There was plenty of game film, he was around #60 in JUCO rankings last year, had offers from Texas Tech, OK St., Arkansas, and St. John’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Gueye was playing his first game against that level of competition and it showed, remember this guy has only been playing basketball a couple of years. Coaches can use that game film as a teaching moment, if we are still seeing that type of play mid to late season then there is something to gripe about. He didn’t come out of nowhere with Morris. There was plenty of game film, he was around #60 in JUCO rankings last year, had offers from Texas Tech, OK St., Arkansas, and St. John’s.
    Thank God we got him. So, what your saying is, he will dominate the SBC.

Thank God we got him. So, what your saying is, he will dominate the SBC.
    I’m saying that as I have watched the level of his competition progress from Loyola to McNeese to TCU I have seen his game exposed more and that is almost somewhat to be expected with his background and quick development. He has talent and I hope to see him progress. As far as your comment about him not being a team player he did try to do way too much on his own last night but as poorly as he played he still led the team in assists.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I’m saying that as I have watched the level of his competition progress from Loyola to McNeese to TCU I have seen his game exposed more and that is almost somewhat to be expected with his background and quick development. He has talent and I hope to see him progress. As far as your comment about him not being a team player he did try to do way too much on his own last night but as poorly as he played he still led the team in assists.
    I really don't think we have been watching the sames games. If he has to play significant minutes for us, we are real trouble. Once again, Marlin swings and misses with inside players. Between Lafayette and Gueyue, we are in for some long nights in the rebounding department. Let's all hope Tirus Smith is as good as some people think he is.

Sowhat is the timetable to get our hurt guys back? Will it be before conference play?

What does starts have to do with it? He's been hurt several times since he's been here.
    A lot actually. Considering he was only behind Gant and Stroman in that department last year. Which is also why I posted his total minutes played as well as the amount of games he played as a freshman (all of them). An "injury prone" player would not be able to do that. If you would have said that he gets dinged up occasionally, I could see your point. But let's not make this guy out to be like AD during his Pelicans tenure, THAT was injury prone.

I just wanna give respect to KJ for taking one for the team last night.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information