Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Faces A-State In Sun Belt Soccer Semifinals

1. Default Re: Louisiana Faces A-State In Sun Belt Soccer Semifinals

it was BS, but man the girls played well

Default Re: Louisiana Faces A-State In Sun Belt Soccer Semifinals

Really bad call. Tough break ladies. I agree the future is bright.

3. Default Re: Louisiana Faces A-State In Sun Belt Soccer Semifinals

I don't watch much soccer, and I don't know if it was a good or bad call, but what I do know is I watched 90 minutes of womens soccer for the first time ever and those girls played their harts out.

I am excited about the next few years of Cajuns Soccer.

We did NOT capitalize in the first half. That is where the game was lost. With a half time lead, no need to play offense, just pack the back for 45 minutes.

One call does not make a loss, otherwise the other 89+ minutes meant nothing. Not questioning the call. The laws of the game are the laws of the game.

Winning record, made tournament, advanced in tournament. Good season, something to build on. Finishing 7th was an improvement, need to make the top half of the draw next year.

I agree, our young ladies competed and played well. Had a couple of missed opportunities in the 1H and then a really good one in about the 84th minute.

Young, talented, competitive and well coached. Sounds like a recipe for future success.

We need more speed on the front end. ASU was faster across the board it seemed like

7. Default Re: Louisiana Faces A-State In Sun Belt Soccer Semifinals

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Dang .. Key turned things around in a hurry future is bright he is the greatest soccer coach in UL history
    Yeah, that’s a really easy thing to be

Shame about the bad call.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    We need more speed on the front end. ASU was faster across the board it seemed like
    I agree.

There is still room for a lot of improvement. Out shot in this match and Troy (17-9). We made the most of our opportunities with Troy, 33% made is a crazy number.

4 conference ties, yes, 4 points. Need to come away next year with 6 points or better.
    H
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Dang .. Key turned things around in a hurry future is bright he is the greatest soccer coach in UL history
    Man, seventh place makes a coach great? Man, need to let our other coaches know, they need raises. Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I agree.

There is still room for a lot of improvement. Out shot in this match and Troy (17-9). We made the most of our opportunities with Troy, 33% made is a crazy number.

4 conference ties, yes, 4 points. Need to come away next year with 6 points or better.
    H

Man, seventh place makes a coach great? Man, need to let our other coaches know, they need raises. Oh wait...
    And somehow is the best finish in soccer in many moons

We did NOT capitalize in the first half. That is where the game was lost. With a half time lead, no need to play offense, just pack the back for 45 minutes.

One call does not make a loss, otherwise the other 89+ minutes meant nothing. Not questioning the call. The laws of the game are the laws of the game.

Winning record, made tournament, advanced in tournament. Good season, something to build on. Finishing 7th was an improvement, need to make the top half of the draw next year.
    If they would have beat troy at the end of the regular season they would have finished 3rd or 4th. That’s how close the league was

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    If they would have beat troy at the end of the regular season they would have finished 3rd or 4th. That’s how close the league was
    But we didn’t. And the 4 ties could have easily been wins...or losses. Seventh is an improvement, nothing more, nothing less.

12. Default Re: Louisiana Faces A-State In Sun Belt Soccer Semifinals

But we didn’t. And the 4 ties could have easily been wins...or losses. Seventh is an improvement, nothing more, nothing less.
    It's what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It's what you want.
    Yup. Not sitting home conference tournament weekend for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Horrible call that cost the Cajuns the game. Her arm was against her body. Every call went against UL at the end. I just feel awful for those girls. They played their hearts out. Great year, nonetheless.
    Absolutely.

They had a great shot to win that game in OT or PK (I’m assuming they go to PK since it’s an elimination tournament.)

The team has really turned into competitors and that’s a big jump from where they’ve been in the past. Great job all around.

Not sure about the hand ball calls in college but in club soccer that call would not have been made the past couple of years. That is just part of the game. I did not like the way the girls set the wall up and where the goalie was set and we paid the price on a beautifully placed ball.

Obviously we are much improved this year. The other big thing is this staff is engaged with soccer across the area. As Louisiana's player development continues to improve each year that is going to be important. We will have legitimate chances to keep some of these players. That hasn't always been the case.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information