Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: SOFTBALL OPENING DAY LINEUP?

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    I made it to every home fall ball game this year. To me, the definition of power is cranking homeruns and hitting the wall for doubles and triples. I didn't see too much of that in fall ball this year from the girls that are supposed to be the big threats. Certain girls had certain moments but overall, I was disapointed. I'm not sure with the out of conference schedule that the Cajuns are playing this year just how many homers they are going to crank. In conference, it will probably be a different story. But with the pitching that they will be facing out of conference, I'm just not sure if the power will materialize.
    Sorry you were disappointed. Season doesn't start for another three months. I wish it was tomorrow, but, it's not. Glasco is expecting this team to hit many, many more home runs then were hit last year. He knows there was a drop-off in the last third of the season and he's going to do everything he can to make sure it doesn't happen again. With 13 or 14 players capable of hitting the ball for power it's going to be fun to watch. Can't wait!

UL Softball Re: SOFTBALL OPENING DAY LINEUP?

I didn't see much fall ball, but I have seen enough to believe, for the moment, that there appear to be no home run hitters on the team. There are players that can hit home runs. Here's the difference: a home run hitter is a home run waiting to happen at any time, re: Lauren Chamberlain, Lexie Elkins, etc. To me, examples of players who can hit home runs would be Nerissa Myers, Alana Addison. I'm not saying that the team won't hit a lot of home runs, but I don't see anyone who will be able to hit 20+ home runs this season. I hope I see otherwise.

Default Re: SOFTBALL OPENING DAY LINEUP?

Even though the post seasons ended in the same place, I saw a LOT of improvement last year from the year before. If we improve that much again this year, this will be exciting. The post season results will come.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Sorry you were disappointed. Season doesn't start for another three months. I wish it was tomorrow, but, it's not. Glasco is expecting this team to hit many, many more home runs then were hit last year. He knows there was a drop-off in the last third of the season and he's going to do everything he can to make sure it doesn't happen again. With 13 or 14 players capable of hitting the ball for power it's going to be fun to watch. Can't wait!
    I didn't express my thoughts correctly and for that I apologize. When I said that I was disappointed, I meant that I was disappointed that I didn't see the power that many posters had said the Cajuns were going to have this year. You normally don't face the stoutest of pitching in fall ball so I would have thought that the Cajuns would have just teed off in fall ball. There were a few homeruns and a few hard hit doubles but most of the hits I witnessed were just singles. Nothing wrong with that at all but I just didn't see the power that many were saying the Cajuns would have in the line-up. You can say that the girls were rusty or whatever. if the power doesn't materialize, then Glasco is going to have to manufacture runs with his team speed and count on his premium pitching to carry the team.

Coach Glasco talked about RP on TV tonight.

He said he loves it when fans get on him when he makes a coaching mistake and we are probably the only team in the country where fans on line are arguing about the starting lineup at this time of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Coach Glasco talked about RP on TV tonight.

He said he loves it when fans get on him when he makes a coaching mistake and we are probably the only team in the country where fans on line are arguing about the starting lineup at this time of the year.
    And they said coaches don't get on message boards, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I didn't see much fall ball, but I have seen enough to believe, for the moment, that there appear to be no home run hitters on the team. There are players that can hit home runs. Here's the difference: a home run hitter is a home run waiting to happen at any time, re: Lauren Chamberlain, Lexie Elkins, etc. To me, examples of players who can hit home runs would be Nerissa Myers, Alana Addison. I'm not saying that the team won't hit a lot of home runs, but I don't see anyone who will be able to hit 20+ home runs this season. I hope I see otherwise.
    Not many teams have 20+ home run hitters. We will see a lot of home runs as a team. We should see 5 to 7 kids hit between 6 to 10 home runs. Usually the biggest difference is from year 1 to year 2. In Glasco case it should be from year 2 to year 3. In his first year he didn't mess with the hitting and kept ML system in place.

This has the makings of a really fun team. Pitching is going to be wicked good. Defense will be stout. Very nice speed. I believe we’ll have different players stepping up each game versus leaning on a select few for power. Could be almost similar to ML’s last year. Really pumped.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Stay tuned could be 1 through 14.
    ETA on this update ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    ETA on this update ?
    Offseason is still young.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Not many teams have 20+ home run hitters. We will see a lot of home runs as a team. We should see 5 to 7 kids hit between 6 to 10 home runs. Usually the biggest difference is from year 1 to year 2. In Glasco case it should be from year 2 to year 3. In his first year he didn't mess with the hitting and kept ML system in place.
    We are so spoiled here with home run hitters in the past - I went to RaginCajuns.com softball site stats (only go back to 2000) and found 8 players who hit over 20 homers, and 4 of those did it twice (Gomez, Tankersly, Orgeron, and Elkins) - Elkins and Gomez had over 30 one year. Evans, Bridges, Landry and Sanders round out the over-20 club. Note Elkins had 19 her senior year before she crushed her thumb in a car door. In 2016, we had 5 players with 15 or more home runs. 21 players have hit 15 or more HR's since 2000 in addition to the 20 HR hitters. UL as a team hit over 100 homers in 2006, 2015 and 2016. Glory days! Best is yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCajun View Post
    We are so spoiled here with home run hitters in the past - I went to RaginCajuns.com softball site stats (only go back to 2000) and found 8 players who hit over 20 homers, and 4 of those did it twice (Gomez, Tankersly, Orgeron, and Elkins) - Elkins and Gomez had over 30 one year. Evans, Bridges, Landry and Sanders round out the over-20 club. Note Elkins had 19 her senior year before she crushed her thumb in a car door. In 2016, we had 5 players with 15 or more home runs. 21 players have hit 15 or more HR's since 2000 in addition to the 20 HR hitters. UL as a team hit over 100 homers in 2006, 2015 and 2016. Glory days! Best is yet to come.
    If we could put up those kind of numbers with Summer and Kliest in the circle......look out.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    If we could put up those kind of numbers with Summer and Kliest in the circle......look out.
    Im sure we will see a power increase soon. ML system and Glasco system are different but similiar in many ways. Basically they both want to dominate with the long ball.

Pretty sure it's early signing day tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Pretty sure it's early signing day tomorrow.
    Yep. That’s what NCAA says.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information