Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: SOFTBALL OPENING DAY LINEUP?

Default Re: SOFTBALL OPENING DAY LINEUP?

It will be nice to get back to power bats. It made games fun in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Yes sir coach Glasco has the same method that the Arizona coach has. He recruits athletic kids regardless of what position they play. Should be a fun year.

Alderink has been officially announced to the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Alderink has been officially announced to the roster.
    Big time addition, she didn't come here to sit the bench. Mayeaux will now be the starter at third. The depth on this team is crazy.

Consider these depth options for 1st base and Dp. Roman, Curry, Boswell, Camuso, Torres, Gremillion. There better be a whole lot of team players and not EGO kids. We are crazy loaded for a run this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Big time addition, she didn't come here to sit the bench. Mayeaux will now be the starter at third. The depth on this team is crazy.

Consider these depth options for 1st base and Dp. Roman, Curry, Boswell, Camuso, Torres, Gremillion. There better be a whole lot of team players and not EGO kids. We are crazy loaded for a run this year.
    Our B team could probably place 2nd in the belt

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Our B team could probably place 2nd in the belt
    What is your A team lineup?

7. Default Re: SOFTBALL OPENING DAY LINEUP?

Glasco crushing recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Gotta love the long ball. This is going to be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCajun View Post
    Agree, plus I think she has 3 more years of eligibility - 1 year of JC and 2 years medical hardship.
    At the moment, she has 2 years left. She played 1 year in juco, she has had to redshirt 2 years here. Players have 5 years to play 4. There is a possibility if she graduates either this or next year (2020 or 2021), the NCAA may give her another year back.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    At the moment, she has 2 years left. She played 1 year in juco, she has had to redshirt 2 years here. Players have 5 years to play 4. There is a possibility if she graduates either this or next year (2020 or 2021), the NCAA may give her another year back.
    Thanks, Icitsh - I understood the 5 years to play 4 for a healthy player - I was thinking the last two years were medical-hardship years - anyone remember how many years Venable got in football for medical reasons? Holland had two separate season-ending injuries in two years, both attributable to softball.

This entire thread on the topic of depth, I have not seen a mention of the All-American, PAC-10 Pitcher of the year that transferred in. Is she still on roster and will she contribute this season?

Thanks, Icitsh - I understood the 5 years to play 4 for a healthy player - I was thinking the last two years were medical-hardship years - anyone remember how many years Venable got in football for medical reasons? Holland had two separate season-ending injuries in two years, both attributable to softball.
    Just looked up an Athletic Network/Dan MacDonald article about Justin Venable - appears a medical hardship is claimed after 5 years is up - I would think Holland would be a prime candidate for medical hardship relief -of course, the article is many years old and NCAA may have changed its rules:

https://www.athleticnetwork.net/arti...54&profID=4752

Under NCAA rules, players have five years to get in four playing seasons, so Venable, Bustle and his new staff figured that 2002 was his swan song. And, wouldn't you know ... a knee injury, this time his right ACL, ended his 2002 hopes in the third game at Houston.

"By the time Venable hobbled to midfield for the 2002 senior honors prior to the Arkansas State game, he'd missed 42 of a potential 56 games.

The first four or five years I didn't get the playing time I'd expected," Venable said, "and it was pretty hard. There was a new staff coming in that was committed to turning the program around, and I wanted to be there when it happened."

He applied to the NCAA for a sixth-year hardship, and incredibly didn't get that lone year. In a rare example of NCAA fairness, he got a three-year extension on his five-year "clock."

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    This entire thread on the topic of depth, I have not seen a mention of the All-American, PAC-10 Pitcher of the year that transferred in. Is she still on roster and will she contribute this season?
    She is here and is the number 2 pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    Jumbo see the notes on the earlier thread - notes Kleist throwing nasty pitches - serious talent:

Softball Intersquad
    ..... By JMVCAJUNS, October 29th, 2019 08:38 am

15. Default Re: SOFTBALL OPENING DAY LINEUP?

Jumbo see the notes on the earlier thread - notes Kleist throwing nasty pitches - serious talent:

Softball Intersquad
    ..... By JMVCAJUNS, October 29th, 2019 08:38 am
    Reminds me of the guy that was so broke he could not pay attention.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information