Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: SOFTBALL OPENING DAY LINEUP?

Default Re: SOFTBALL OPENING DAY LINEUP?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAllon View Post
    Watch for Kylie Neel. She’s gonna break in this lineup with her power.
    Maybe in the future. Glasco is high on this kid. She has a ton of potential, at this point I think it is just a numbers game as far as her actual playing time will go.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Any idea who the transfer might be?
    Kaityln Alderink. Grad transfer. I havent heard of any pitchers coming onboard. We have 6 pitchers this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Kaityln Alderink. Grad transfer. I havent heard of any pitchers coming onboard. We have 6 pitchers this year.
    Just to be clear, Alderink is coming here? The 3 year starter at A & M, who didn't play last year. I thought she might, but, didn't know it was a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Just to be clear, Alderink is coming here? The 3 year starter at A & M, who didn't play last year. I thought she might, but, didn't know it was a done deal.
    I was told that she committed, not sure if it is verbal or written?

I was told that she committed, not sure if it is verbal or written?
    She can't enroll until the university starts allowing that for the spring semester. I would think that should be coming up any day now. She verbally committed to Gerry last week.

UL Softball Re: SOFTBALL OPENING DAY LINEUP?

Yes i just didn't want to put the name out there. Terrell what is your lineup?
    I haven't been able to get a good handle on specific positions. The only 4 certain are Dalton at shortstop, Rawls catching (some outfield), O'Neal in center and Hudek in left or right. I'm sure Gerry wants Mayeux, Boswell, Torres, Martin, Camuso, Alderink and Roman in the lineup, but there's only so many spots available. It will be a tough competition until February, but I'm leaning towards Mayeux, Camuso, Alderink, Torres and Martin slightly ahead of the curve right now.

Please note the continued use for "Casumo" for Camuso (hence her nickname as "Moose") - the following is copied directly from the roster on the Softball university site:
    Camuso, Mia 2019-20 Headshot
    INFIELDER/OUTFIELDER 5'2" L/L
    MIA CAMUSO

Also, really high on Torres, Roman and Mayeux after Fall games - have to think Curry really looked good at bat all Fall.

Appears confirmed Alderink is transferring in - went to T A&M site - Alderink started every game for Aggies from the day she stepped on campus (reminds of Kara Gremillion longevity/dependability)
    Attached is the link: https://12thman.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5009

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I haven't been able to get a good handle on specific positions. The only 4 certain are Dalton at shortstop, Rawls catching (some outfield), O'Neal in center and Hudek in left or right. I'm sure Gerry wants Mayeux, Boswell, Torres, Martin, Camuso, Alderink and Roman in the lineup, but there's only so many spots available. It will be a tough competition until February, but I'm leaning towards Mayeux, Camuso, Alderink, Torres and Martin slightly ahead of the curve right now.
    So what do you think will be Holland's role, if any?

Camuso in my opinion is behind she has been hurt and was in a walk boot for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Im not Terry or Gerry but its a numbers game probably looking at being a vocal club house leader this year. She is a great team mate from what I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    My initial reaction when I heard that Alderink was coming was that Holland was going to transfer. I'm relenting from that, but Brittany has some more healing to do to break into the lineup. I don't know why I'm feeling this way, but I see Holland as the home run hitter that Gerry is looking for and needing. If she is, she will be too valuable to leave out of the lineup. I'm anxious to see her heal to see if I'm right or not.

UL Softball Re: SOFTBALL OPENING DAY LINEUP?

Im not Terry or Gerry but its a numbers game probably looking at being a vocal club house leader this year. She is a great team mate from what I have heard.
    Terrell.

Anxious to see her heal.

Terrell.

Anxious to see her heal.
    Agree, plus I think she has 3 more years of eligibility - 1 year of JC and 2 years medical hardship.

Terrell.

Anxious to see her heal.
    Hear is the bottom line, Gerry will have all power bats in the lineup. He is looking for gap to gap hitters and then those balls start going over the fence. Those hitters will also need to have a good blend of speed. A good POWER bat get you in the lineup.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information