Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Coastal

Default Re: Louisiana vs Coastal

So costal is allowing an average of great than 70% completion rate to FBS opposing QBs (not including GS)

On the flip side they are pretty efficient at QB

Our 2 losses were national TV games. Just win this one.just win.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    bull____. He did play with this defense once they got it together after the first 4 weeks.
    He's correct, Zephyr.

Win totals this season would be the same with either QB.

I've done the stat research. They are the same QB. If Levi were to run like he could, it would be different, but then he would probably get injured as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    He's correct, Zephyr.

Win totals this season would be the same with either QB.

I've done the stat research. They are the same QB. If Levi were to run like he could, it would be different, but then he would probably get injured as well.
    This years defense is on another level that should be the story fundamentally they are best I have ever seen play here

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Hoping the fact that coastal didn’t get a chance to prepare for us prior to Troy will help. Also the fact Troy was an almost exclusive passing team and now coastal has to prepare for a rushing attack on a short week.
    Well let’s look at it this way. If we believe we are what the Massey Rankings say we are and believe we are on the way up in the G5, then regardless of who had bye weeks and whatnot, we should go in there, get the win no matter how close or how much a blowout, and be back home preparing for the next game.

That’s what good teams do. That’s what well-coached teams do, and I believe we have some good coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Not likely. He was more likely to take a sack than LL. LL routinely 2-4 times a game escapes sacks that Nunez took.
    Nunez played his ___ off for us. That can’t be denied.

But yeah, Levi has shown this season, despite what any throwing shortcomings may be, he can avoid pressure and keep the play alive.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    This years defense is on another level that should be the story fundamentally they are best I have ever seen play here
    Those Vic Eumont defenses were pretty nasty too, but you're correct. They are playing on another level now. Ron Roberts is the best DC we've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Frankly I don’t understand why someone decided to bring Nunez into the conversation. It’s not like he lost his job, he ran outta eligibility. If we’re comparing what if? What if Brian Mitchell had this defense, what if Jake had these running backs.

The only question is LL our best current option. It seems either he is, or the others don’t add enough to warrant losing a year of eligibility.
    Dezmo, Babb, Mitchell, or Jake with these backs and this defense runs the table this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Dezmo, Babb, Mitchell, or Jake with these backs and this defense runs the table this year.
    If we state the condition that all remain injury free for the year, you would be correct. I would add Blaine to this list as well.

Those Vic Eumont defenses were pretty nasty too, but you're correct. They are playing on another level now. Ron Roberts is the best DC we've ever had.
    Vic Eumont only coached here in 1993 which was Jake Delhomme’s freshman year. If this defense continues to improve, they have a chance to be best unit since then.

If we state the condition that all remain injury free for the year, you would be correct. I would add Blaine to this list as well.
    A healthy Dezmo running the real zone read with these backs would rush for a million yards.

A healthy Dezmo running the real zone read with these backs would rush for a million yards.
    People forget that with Dez, Fenroy and Chery, we were top 5 in the nation in rushing two years in a row, and one of those years we were the most explosive offense in the nation in plays over 20 yards and plays over 50 yards. With this defense and that offense, we would run the table, let alone with Dez, the Trinity and AHOP along with this D.

13. Default Re: Louisiana vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I agree

14. Default Re: Louisiana vs Coastal

I just wish Dezmo could teach the art of the fake handoff.

I suspect part of the equation is the QB has to be a legit threat to run.

Wet dream time.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information