Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11

Thread: Louisiana vs Coastal

1. Default Re: Louisiana vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    I am the producer of all of the UL football, men’s basketball, the majority of UL baseball games, and Acadiana postgame. I’m there getting everything in the system, getting the game audio recorded, I run the Twitter during the games, and I make sure everything is running smoothly as far as the game broadcast goes. Greg does everything he can to get the highlights recorded, prepare for halftime and postgame, and write up the article. In Thursday’s instance, he was helping get 2 high school games up and running on top of doing the UL game, so it’s understandable why he missed parts of the game.
    Y'all do a great job.

Does anyone think ESPN tv reporters watch all the games they talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Roll Tide if there is a God!
    GEAUX TIGERS 🐅

Default Re: Louisiana vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I don't agree with the premise that the host has to know the facts of the game. This is a caller driven show. There's usually at least one person who was involved in the game on the show, and we get lots of Napier post game presser.

Yes it would be better if the host was familiar with all the events, but it doesn't make the program worthless.

Finally you've got a dial find something else to do while some of us get a little more game day experience.
    No doubt the show is worthwhile. Also no doubt it would be better if someone in studio had watChed game.

I am the producer of all of the UL football, men’s basketball, the majority of UL baseball games, and Acadiana postgame. I’m there getting everything in the system, getting the game audio recorded, I run the Twitter during the games, and I make sure everything is running smoothly as far as the game broadcast goes. Greg does everything he can to get the highlights recorded, prepare for halftime and postgame, and write up the article. In Thursday’s instance, he was helping get 2 high school games up and running on top of doing the UL game, so it’s understandable why he missed parts of the game.
    I think this explanation is exactly VO’s point.you can’t have 1-2 people do everything and expect them to be well prepared for each role they’re responsible for.one responsibility will not get the attention it deserves (hosts) and it shows

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Does anyone think ESPN tv reporters watch all the games they talk about?
    No, but I bet the ESPN Game Announcers do plenty of homework to discuss the game they’re calling.exactly what a postgame talk show host should do: prepare to discuss the topic of the show/that specific game!

6. Default Re: Louisiana vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    No, but I bet the ESPN Game Announcers do plenty of homework to discuss the game they’re calling.exactly what a postgame talk show host should do: prepare to discuss the topic of the show/that specific game!
    Game announcers are different. I'm referring to studio talking heads that literally talk about 10 games as they are happening.

I think this explanation is exactly VO’s point.you can’t have 1-2 people do everything and expect them to be well prepared for each role they’re responsible for.one responsibility will not get the attention it deserves (hosts) and it shows
    There have been times over the last 2 seasons where I wish we had a 3rd person that helped with highlights and what not. We had someone for the 2017 football season but I understand that it would be tough to pay 2 part time people for a broadcast as I’m part time so I understand it from a budget standpoint. We’ll try to make it better for the remainder of the year.

There have been times over the last 2 seasons where I wish we had a 3rd person that helped with highlights and what not. We had someone for the 2017 football season but I understand that it would be tough to pay 2 part time people for a broadcast as I’m part time so I understand it from a budget standpoint. We’ll try to make it better for the remainder of the year.
    For the record, my comments (and will assume same for VO, but he can speak for himself) are not personal critiques to you and your partner.it’s a company issue

There have been times over the last 2 seasons where I wish we had a 3rd person that helped with highlights and what not. We had someone for the 2017 football season but I understand that it would be tough to pay 2 part time people for a broadcast as I’m part time so I understand it from a budget showstandpoint. We’ll try to make it better for the remainder of the year.
    16, is the show a townsquare or IMG production? Who's the GM now at The station.ive been in the broadcast business 30 years, and some of that was at KPEL, have never, ever, heard of a situation like this.

Default Re: Louisiana vs Coastal

For the record, my comments (and will assume same for VO, but he can speak for himself) are not personal critiques to you and your partner.it’s a company issue
    Absolutely. I am sure everyone is doing the best they can given the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    16, is the show a townsquare or IMG production? Who's the GM now at The station.ive been in the broadcast business 30 years, and some of that was at KPEL, have never, ever, heard of a situation like this.
    The broadcast of the pregame, game, and postgame is all apart of learfield but the rage is considered to be the part of the broadcast that is on 1420 only and not on any affiliates.

The broadcast of the pregame, game, and postgame is all apart of learfield but the rage is considered to be the part of the broadcast that is on 1420 only and not on any affiliates.
    Who's your GM?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Who's your GM?
    Brad Burley

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11

Thread Information