Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Coastal

Default Re: Louisiana vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    I actually have a superstition when it comes to watching games. The games I’ve watched this season we lost and the ones I haven’t watched we’ve won so I don’t watch it unless Greg sees a big play. I pay attention to the game by listening to jay and hearing what he says so that I can get a feel of what to talk about in the postgame. I know that Greg does a lot for the game during the game, halftime and postgame. He gets the highlights, watched the game when he can, writes up what happens during the game, and prepares for postgame. I produce the games and run the twitter page. Last night we were having issues with the zetta system and it delayed us slightly in the postgame with the highlights.
    Don't watch any games.period.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Don't watch any games.period.
    I’ll do my best not to lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    I'll do my best not to lol.
    Somehow I feel we are safe if you watch next weekend. Probably would been OK last night as well. I know you guys are busy but I still feel the post game show would be improved with someone on air who had watched at least the majority of the game.

Maybe the only post game show of any sport team, HS, college, or pro where the "host" sees very little or none of the broadcast of said game. You can't defend this and offer excusesjust plain stupid, which is how G sounds during the showif you can't do it right, don't do it at all

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Maybe the only post game show of any sport team, HS, college, or pro where the "host" sees very little or none of the broadcast of said game. You can't defend this and offer excusesjust plain stupid, which is how G sounds during the showif you can't do it right, don't do it at all
    I agree with this. The hosts only tasks in preparation for a post game show should be to watch the game and have stats available. Otherwise they sound either lost or stupid. If the station can't afford to assign a producer and a production assistant to help a post game show, they have no business being the flagship station of a Division 1 athletic program.

6. Default Re: Louisiana vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I don’t agree with the premise that the host has to know the facts of the game. This is a caller driven show. There’s usually at least one person who was involved in the game on the show, and we get lots of Napier post game presser.

Yes it would be better if the host was familiar with all the events, but it doesn’t make the program worthless.

Finally you’ve got a dial find something else to do while some of us get a little more game day experience.

7. Default Re: Louisiana vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I agree with this. The hosts only tasks in preparation for a post game show should be to watch the game and have stats available. Otherwise they sound either lost or stupid. If the station can't afford to assign a producer and a production assistant to help a post game show, they have no business being the flagship station of a Division 1 athletic program.
    I get lots of benefit. But to each their own. Charlie if enough people agree with you, they won’t be on the air very long, but if they are it’s no sweat off your ears.

Nothing wrong with fair criticism and I suppose likes and dislikes are always fair.

True Dat!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I don’t agree with the premise that the host has to know the facts of the game. This is a caller driven show. There’s usually at least one person who was involved in the game on the show, and we get lots of Napier post game presser.

Yes it would be better if the host was familiar with all the events, but it doesn’t make the program worthless.

Finally you’ve got a dial find something else to do while some of us get a little more game day experience.
    I disagree with your disagreement.if the host didn’t watch the game, there can not be a dialogue bw the host and caller.it’s just a bunch of statements by 1 person, which is not entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Do you know at what hotel the team will be staying in Mobile?
    Hilton Garden Inn Downtown (I was told).

Its a good thing we played Thursday night. Nothing but LSU A&M BR and Bama today. If LSU A&M BR wins we won't hear the end of it. At least we got some air time.and press coverage yesterday. If the Bama game is settled on a controversial play or bad call by an official there will be a lot of people running around with their hair on fire. If that happens it could be annoying and fun to watch at the same time

Its a good thing we played Thursday night. Nothing but LSU A&M BR and Bama today. If LSU A&M BR wins we won't hear the end of it. At least we got some air time.and press coverage yesterday. If the Bama game is settled on a controversial play or bad call by an official there will be a lot of people running around with their hair on fire. If that happens it could be annoying and fun to watch at the same time
    Also, If LSU loses we won’t hear the end of it.

Roll Tide if there is a God!

14. Default Re: Louisiana vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Roll Tide if there is a God!
    Apparently God is mostly a Nick Saban fan.

I am the producer of all of the UL football, men’s basketball, the majority of UL baseball games, and Acadiana postgame. I’m there getting everything in the system, getting the game audio recorded, I run the Twitter during the games, and I make sure everything is running smoothly as far as the game broadcast goes. Greg does everything he can to get the highlights recorded, prepare for halftime and postgame, and write up the article. In Thursday’s instance, he was helping get 2 high school games up and running on top of doing the UL game, so it’s understandable why he missed parts of the game.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information