Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ike Taylor - Louisiana Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2019

Default Re: Ike Taylor - Louisiana Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    If you must know everything, Ike had to miss the game because he is his son's head football coach, they played on Saturday. I applaud the man for to doing what is right for his son and his family.
    That is good stuff. He had a large contingent of family members at the game to represent him during the presentation.

I only asked about the video because I didn't see it during the game at the stadium. He is a former teammate and I wanted to see it.

I did find it online later on ESPN plus. Nobody ever answered if it actually played in the stadium. I'm guessing no.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    That is good stuff. He had a large contingent of family members at the game to represent him during the presentation.

I only asked about the video because I didn't see it during the game at the stadium. He is a former teammate and I wanted to see it.

I did find it online later on ESPN plus. Nobody ever answered if it actually played in the stadium. I'm guessing no.
    I was pretty sauced, but I don't recall it playing on the video board.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post

Nothing played on the board because they had regular homecoming festivities at half time. The HOF'ers were introduced between first and second quarters (the referees were about to chase them off the field to start play again)

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    If you must know everything, Ike had to miss the game because he is his son's head football coach, they played on Saturday. I applaud the man for to doing what is right for his son and his family.
    That explains a lot. It did raise some questions given the somewhat "less than enthusiastic " support the man has given the University during his pro days. It presented the appearance that he was dissing the homecoming festivities. I suppose that is why there were so many questions raised.

6. Default Re: Ike Taylor - Louisiana Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    That explains a lot. It did raise some questions given the somewhat "less than enthusiastic " support the man has given the University during his pro days. It presented the appearance that he was dissing the homecoming festivities. I suppose that is why there were so many questions raised.
    I don't care what anyone says, the guy is a 'ME' guy. Anyone that knew him in college knew that. Everytime he opened his mouth, he told you. Everytime he was on TV, he let you know. All about Ike. I wish we wouldn't have called him. He didn't represent us in the NFL and I'm actually pretty happy about that.

Sorry not sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I don't care what anyone says, the guy is a 'ME' guy. Anyone that knew him in college knew that. Everytime he opened his mouth, he told you. Everytime he was on TV, he let you know. All about Ike. I wish we wouldn't have called him. He didn't represent us in the NFL and I'm actually pretty happy about that.

Sorry not sorry.
    True, I don't think his name will be on the wall at Cajun field. Peanut Tillman he aint.

8. Default Re: Ike Taylor - Louisiana Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I don't care what anyone says, the guy is a 'ME' guy.
    There is a humorous level of irony in the way that was written.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information