Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G8: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

1. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I do feel that sometimes people have a need to feel right about a particular person that feel a certain way about. If you don't agree, watch the next time someone gives Levi credit for something. It will be immediately me with " Yeah but ". I don't recall misses to Jackson or the throw over Williams head. I'll go back and look. He only attempted 21 passes and hit 13 of them. He had about 4-5 throwaways so he only missed a couple. Like I said, the only ball I remember him throwing Leblanc was the deep pass that the 20 mph wind ate up. If you want to be upset, maybe call out the coach for calling the play in those conditions or wait until the second quarter when the wind is with us.

Of course I think that everyone wants to win but the minute things don't go well on offense, he's going to get the criticism whether its warranted or not.
    I'm not upset at all. Not even a little bit. I'm just talking about the game. Refer to my response to Jay on the throw aways and misses. When grading a QB performance, it goes well beyond incompletions. I'm happy we can hit slants and bootleg flips, but those are HS throws. We shouldn't ever recruit a player that can't do that.

Again, I have no agenda and I don't care who the QB is. (pretty sure I didn't comment on Lewis before the season began) When I watch the game, I see limitations.

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Lmao why are you trying to defend him so heavily most of us have eyes we see that he is a borderline Swac QB .. It's ok Hudspeth was terrible at identifying QB talent it's nothing on Napier he has dealt a crap hand at QB
    It only looks like I'm defending him because someone has to try to keep your unjust criticisms in check. I completely understand he is not the best passing QB around but he can be a guy that moves the offense and wins. The funny thing is that you guys didn't even criticize Nunez like you do this guy and its obvious he runs the offense so much better. Your eyes may need glasses. When guys are getting open and he has time, he's completing passes and moving the team but you guys just won't give him credit. The funny thing is that this team could end up being 9-3 at the end of the year and the last thing we'll hear from you and a handful of others is how bad Lewis is. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I mentioned two incomplete passes in that comment.

Just because he throws the ball out of bounds doesn't mean it's always a "smart" play. And just because a pass is not complete doesn't mean the correct play was made. If we can't stretch the field, we will not beat better teams. He missed Peter and Jalen (and I think Bradley two, but I can't remember for sure) multiple times.
    Actually you mentioned 5.

4. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Ragas was limited at practice. I'm not surprised he isn't playing. Calais has earned more carries anyway.

What we should be talking about is how limited this offense looks right now. Levi gets spooked way too easily and gives up on the play way to quickly. I don't know if he's told to do that or not. But it's infuriating. Napier's play-calling for a month now, has been... confusing.

Also, Swaggin' U's HOF speech was painful. As was that outfit. Yikes.
    .......Why was he not at the game for his intro?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I agree. I see the same types of statements when the state of the basketball program is mentioned. I would hope that we don’t have fans that would rather watch us lose for fun. At the same time, I highly doubt that the ones raising the questions are just “picking on” the stated entity.

Levi is what he is. He’s elusive. He’s great on the short throw especially on a rollout. And the team rallies around him. Sometimes, I notice he misses open receivers. It happens. But he’s helped us get to a 6-2 record. And I’m good with that.

But I’ll say this. It’s ok if some people see his shortcomings at times. It’s not the end of the world if I get mad that he missed an open receiver on a play. But I will give him credit if he makes up for it a few plays later with a touchdown pass. The kid is not perfect, but he’s not as bad as some claim on here.

Basically, everyone just breathe and enjoy the ride.
    I completely agree and that's why I posted what I did earlier because if you go back through the game thread, you would swear that Levi missed every passing target out there. The other thing that just sticks out to me is that many of those who constantly criticize Lewis were defenders of Nunez who absolutely drove me nuts. They claim to be able to see Lewis' shortcoming with their eyes but couldn't see Nunez. Oh well. People are arguing the day after a 28 point win about supposed missed completions from the QB so I guess we're in pretty good shape.

6. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

Actually you mentioned 5.
    Actually I can. Off the top of my head, the 15 yard out to Williams that he over threw by 10 yards on third down. - ONE Other than the throw that you mentioned, he missed Pete 2 other times, WIDE ___ OPEN down the field. He missed Bam on a crossing route (and not the one that he was double covered later in the game) where he just flat over threw him. - TWO He had Williams again on a drag early in the third quarter, perfect pocket for like 6 seconds and as soon as someone breathed on him, he started running backwards. There are other times where I can give a minor critique, but some are hell bent on this guy being awesome.

Serious question: When people say things like "some won't be happy as long as he's QB", do you guys really mean that? Do you really believe that fans WANT to kill a player, and that makes them happy? Just from own personal experience watching games with others that played and coached at the D1 level, they mostly agree with the folks that see limitations. People aren't making this stuff up.

I mentioned 2.

It was a good win over a bad team. I'm glad for the win.

My view is the lack of enthusiasm by fans (like not going or leaving early) is not the fans fault, it's a reflection of the program or event. 21K is not too bad. This year so far, is a repeat of last year. Beat the bad teams, lose to the good ones.

In the first Quarter, our offense was very sluggish with a few miscues. Texas State defense came out to stop the run, and did a good job at first, but I think our players and coaches made some mental and physical adjustments resulting in getting the run game going. The first Qtr is what it's like when we don't have a run game, a big zero. Maybe one day we will have a passing offense, but it won't be this year. Hopefully when we finally get there, we still have a running attack to match. Levi is alright executing a running offense, with a little pass here and there. He does some things well. I'll just leave it at that today.

It only looks like I'm defending him because someone has to try to keep your unjust criticisms in check. I completely understand he is not the best passing QB around but he can be a guy that moves the offense and wins. The funny thing is that you guys didn't even criticize Nunez like you do this guy and its obvious he runs the offense so much better. Your eyes may need glasses. When guys are getting open and he has time, he's completing passes and moving the team but you guys just won't give him credit. The funny thing is that this team could end up being 9-3 at the end of the year and the last thing we'll hear from you and a handful of others is how bad Lewis is. LOL
    Nunez set a TD record for the school and he played a in far tougher situation

Nune

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I agree. I see the same types of statements when the state of the basketball program is mentioned. I would hope that we don’t have fans that would rather watch us lose for fun. At the same time, I highly doubt that the ones raising the questions are just “picking on” the stated entity.

Levi is what he is. He’s elusive. He’s great on the short throw especially on a rollout. And the team rallies around him. Sometimes, I notice he misses open receivers. It happens. But he’s helped us get to a 6-2 record. And I’m good with that.

But I’ll say this. It’s ok if some people see his shortcomings at times. It’s not the end of the world if I get mad that he missed an open receiver on a play. But I will give him credit if he makes up for it a few plays later with a touchdown pass. The kid is not perfect, but he’s not as bad as some claim on here.

Basically, everyone just breathe and enjoy the ride.
    This! Levy Lewis is as good as he is going to get! He is the only QB at this time on the roster that is ready to play this season. He played within himself last night, ran when he had to and delivered several nice throws for TDs. We beat a team by 28 pts, didn't play well on offense at times and still won the game. We also did some preparation for Coastal Carolina during the off week, so we are in a good place right now at 6-2. We need to get Ragas, Hunt and Bradley back on the field asap.

All of our goals are still attainable. We control our own destiny.

10. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    I've always said that the biggest different between the high ranking recruits / players and the kids that UL gets is not the skill or physical ability they bring. Instead its football intelligence. Some of these kids just play stupid and act like thugs between plays. Gotta clean up this mess. Despite the win the Cajuns embarrassed the school this evening.
    Nonsense! I see similar penalties at every school. Yeah, it got a little out of hand, but the radio guys thought some were bad calls. Regardless we’re not unique in this. We’ve all seen it at high profile programs. We are just more proned to notice our mistakes.

Actually I can. Off the top of my head, the 15 yard out to Williams that he over threw by 10 yards on third down. - ONE Other than the throw that you mentioned, he missed Pete 2 other times, WIDE ___ OPEN down the field. He missed Bam on a crossing route (and not the one that he was double covered later in the game) where he just flat over threw him. - TWO He had Williams again on a drag early in the third quarter, perfect pocket for like 6 seconds and as soon as someone breathed on him, he started running backwards. There are other times where I can give a minor critique, but some are hell bent on this guy being awesome.

Serious question: When people say things like "some won't be happy as long as he's QB", do you guys really mean that? Do you really believe that fans WANT to kill a player, and that makes them happy? Just from own personal experience watching games with others that played and coached at the D1 level, they mostly agree with the folks that see limitations. People aren't making this stuff up.

I mentioned 2.
    If I could bold I would but aren't you missing = 2 times missing Pete WIDE OPEN and the drag to Jalen Williams? That's 3 more times.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Nunez set a TD record for the school and he played a in far tougher situation

Nune
    LOL. This is exactly what is funny. The eye test..

13. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

If I could bold I would but aren't you missing = 2 times missing Pete WIDE OPEN and the drag to Jalen Williams? That's 3 more times.
    He didn't throw the ball to them. No incompletion, but that's a miss.

Uh, have I accidentally stumbled onto Tigerploppings?

28 point victory after a funky break, and people are complaining?

Next game up, 5 days. CCU. Focus.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This! Levy Lewis is as good as he is going to get! He is the only QB at this time on the roster that is ready to play this season. He played within himself last night, ran when he had to and delivered several nice throws for TDs. We beat a team by 28 pts, didn't play well on offense at times and still won the game. We also did some preparation for Coastal Carolina during the off week, so we are in a good place right now at 6-2. We need to get Ragas, Hunt and Bradley back on the field asap.

All of our goals are still attainable. We control our own destiny.
    Agree

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information