Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G8: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

Does anyone know the # of times LL has been sacked this year?

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    I've always said that the biggest different between the high ranking recruits / players and the kids that UL gets is not the skill or physical ability they bring. Instead its football intelligence. Some of these kids just play stupid and act like thugs between plays. Gotta clean up this mess. Despite the win the Cajuns embarrassed the school this evening.
    Huh? Act like thugs? You obviously don't watch much college football..at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Does anyone know the # of times LL has been sacked this year?
    Looks like 10 times

I have never seen anyone better than LL at stopping on a dime and outrunning the pursuit to extend a play.

It's like he can throw it in reverse while going 80 mph without pressing the clutch.

He's been sacked seven times.

I saw the Cotton Candy man yesterday as well. He can't do steps any more so he can't do UL events (One leg is amputated below the knee.) Chris had a huge smile on his face. But then again, he almost always does.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    He's been sacked seven times.

I saw the Cotton Candy man yesterday as well. He can't do steps any more so he can't do UL events (One leg is amputated below the knee.) Chris had a huge smile on his face. But then again, he almost always does.
    Yum Yum man!!!! Glad to see he’s doing well.

You know we have come a long way when we look sluggish at times and still win by 28 against a conference opponent. I was also impressed by how the offense was able to make some adjustments in the second half and blow the game open. It was also nice to see guys like Chris Smith make an impact. The youth of this team has stepped up tremendously and will allow the team to be sustainable with talent for quite a few years the come. That’s the mark of a solid team. Defense.....well what else is there to say, but impressive.

Now let’s get ready for Coastal.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    If we're going to be totally fair, 90% of his pass completions were extended hand offs, and his 2 touchdowns were because of YAC. He made some good decisions to throw balls away when necessary and didn't turn the ball over. Good job there.

His scrambling is like watching someone playing frogger. 2 steps forward, 2 steps backwards, 2 steps sideways.

I haven't watched a UL game this year and didn't think, man, If we only had their QB.

He doesn't do anything great, but he also doesn't do anything special. JMO
    Sorry, but if you can’t see how much he’s improved game by game then I’m not sure what games you are watching. He’s not going to be a 1st team all conference guy, but he’s been light years better than some of his early performances. I’m not promoting the guy because I’m a fan. I’m giving him the credit he’s due because I’ve been critical of him too.

If we're going to be totally fair, 90% of his pass completions were extended hand offs, and his 2 touchdowns were because of YAC. He made some good decisions to throw balls away when necessary and didn't turn the ball over. Good job there.

His scrambling is like watching someone playing frogger. 2 steps forward, 2 steps backwards, 2 steps sideways.

I haven't watched a UL game this year and didn't think, man, If we only had their QB.

He doesn't do anything great, but he also doesn't do anything special. JMO
    I went through all the games to see which QB played better. Other than App and Miss St I thought Levi outplayed them all. Did you really wish Vitt was our QB during the TX st game? If so, one of us is missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Sorry, but if you can’t see how much he’s improved game by game then I’m not sure what games you are watching. He’s not going to be a 1st team all conference guy, but he’s been light years better than some of his early performances. I’m not promoting the guy because I’m a fan. I’m giving him the credit he’s due because I’ve been critical of him too.
    The kid has improved since 2017, and he does enough to help the team win. I’m good with that. Does he have some shortcomings? Absolutely. But it is nothing that is detrimental to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    He has improved a lot this year but when you starting point was Louisiana college back up anything looks better

11. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

Some people are critical and some people are happy with the performance. That should tell you what you need to know about the QB situation. It's that way for a reason. Has he improved? Sure. Are there legit issues? Absolutely.

I love winning by 28 and still having a ton to work on. I love playing young players and 2 deep. Keeps the entire team engaged.

I do not buy the 16 day BS. If you pay attention to any amount of CFB elsewhere, coaches are literally judged on how their teams perform off of a bye week. If you want to say the team struggled to get "up" for TxSt, I'll buy that way more.

I think the real issues were not having leader of the WR corps on the field (Bradley), shuffling the line with Hunt out, conservative play calling in the 1st half (yes it was), penalties on money downs, trying to integrate new guys in the offense, and Levi bailing out of the pocket too early. Kick coverage was also not to standard last night.

The defense might be better than the numbers, but they're still not anything special. Secondary left WR wide ___ open all night long. They crowded the box, even with their DBs. Even with all of our issues, Mitchell got what he wanted, Calais was effective and Lewis had MANY opportunities to hit receivers for TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    He has improved a lot this year but when you starting point was Louisiana college back up anything looks better
    I'm not gonna say he has improved. I think the coaching staff has done a fantastic job protecting his shortcomings after the Mississippi State game. All you're gonna get from him is a bunch of dump off passes, WR screens, and the occasional 50/50 ball to Bradley. With our defense and run game this year, I suppose that's good enough to win most games. Just don't expect to beat good teams without the ability to throw the ball down field.

13. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    You mean developing that muscle memory right?
    At least someone caught my humor.

I thought I put it through the uprights.

I'm not gonna say he has improved. I think the coaching staff has done a fantastic job protecting his shortcomings after the Mississippi State game. All you're gonna get from him is a bunch of dump off passes, WR screens, and the occasional 50/50 ball to Bradley. With our defense and run game this year, I suppose that's good enough to win most games. Just don't expect to beat good teams without the ability to throw the ball down field.
    That's my fear and the reality we have seen our offense crumble against better teams

Sad part we would have a legit shot to be 8-0 right now with the inside track to the cotton bowl we were only missing a QB

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    That's my fear and the reality we have seen our offense crumble against better teams
    That's misleading. Truth of the matter is we've only had one bad offensive game this season, and that was against App. We've scored at least 28 points in every other game, including an SEC team.

Levi's not great, but he's not nearly as bad as many people here would have you believe.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information