Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G8: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    I've always said that the biggest different between the high ranking recruits / players and the kids that UL gets is not the skill or physical ability they bring. Instead its football intelligence. Some of these kids just play stupid and act like thugs between plays. Gotta clean up this mess. Despite the win the Cajuns embarrassed the school this evening.
    What? There was some fire, a little chippy at times. But I think calling our actions on the field thugish is a bit much.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    What? There was some fire, a little chippy at times. But I think calling our actions on the field thugish is a bit much.
    Have to agree.. I would say over zealous sometimes, but nothing that would embarrass us. We just seemed to lose focus at times. Almost over confident seemingly.

3. Default

I've always said that the biggest different between the high ranking recruits / players and the kids that UL gets is not the skill or physical ability they bring. Instead its football intelligence. Some of these kids just play stupid and act like thugs between plays. Gotta clean up this mess. Despite the win the Cajuns embarrassed the school this evening.
    What the hell are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    What the hell are you talking about?
    This guy is loco

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    This guy is loco
    That post definitely fits his name. That's some crazy sheet.

How ? those roughing the passer calls were complete BS & Texas state had double the team fouls as us

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I just got home from the game. Glad I took my last emergency gumbo out of the freezer before I left. It sure did taste good. I guess I need to make some more.
    Add Cajun to it and you've got brand - Emergency Cajun Gumbo!

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

Pretty tough crowd for a game we won by four touchdowns.

We said all week long Texas State is pretty good defensively, and in a couple of their games the number of points they gave up were due to turnovers and special teams breakdowns. I am not surprised we struggled early against their defense, which, in my opinion, might be the third best in the league after us and App.

Brian London (#9) was the preseason defensive player of the year.

And, Levi had eight incomplete passes. Two were drops. Four were throwaways. But let's jump his ___ about his two misses, right. Some of you have become very transparent in that regard. I thought he was very good. His pass to Calais was a thing of beauty. And, his TD pass to Ralston was a play not many QBs in this league make because of his scrambling ability.

Oh, and he ran for over 40 yards in the game too (for those of you who were complaining about that earlier in the season.)

Napier was furious at halftime about the penalties and I'm sure that will be addressed.

I said yesterday we'd have two players out. I was talking about Hunt and Ragas. Hunt will probably miss this week as well.

His absence also contributed to our struggling to move the ball in the first half, in my opinion.
    Personally I'm amazed we are now down three starters on the O Line and having the kind of offense we have.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Pretty tough crowd for a game we won by four touchdowns.

We said all week long Texas State is pretty good defensively, and in a couple of their games the number of points they gave up were due to turnovers and special teams breakdowns. I am not surprised we struggled early against their defense, which, in my opinion, might be the third best in the league after us and App.

Brian London (#9) was the preseason defensive player of the year.

And, Levi had eight incomplete passes. Two were drops. Four were throwaways. But let's jump his ___ about his two misses, right. Some of you have become very transparent in that regard. I thought he was very good. His pass to Calais was a thing of beauty. And, his TD pass to Ralston was a play not many QBs in this league make because of his scrambling ability.

Oh, and he ran for over 40 yards in the game too (for those of you who were complaining about that earlier in the season.)

Napier was furious at halftime about the penalties and I'm sure that will be addressed.

I said yesterday we'd have two players out. I was talking about Hunt and Ragas. Hunt will probably miss this week as well.

His absence also contributed to our struggling to move the ball in the first half, in my opinion.
    Personally I'm amazed we are now down three starters on the O Line and having the kind of offense we have.
    If we're going to be totally fair, 90% of his pass completions were extended hand offs, and his 2 touchdowns were because of YAC. He made some good decisions to throw balls away when necessary and didn't turn the ball over. Good job there.

His scrambling is like watching someone playing frogger. 2 steps forward, 2 steps backwards, 2 steps sideways.

I haven't watched a UL game this year and didn't think, man, If we only had their QB.

He doesn't do anything great, but he also doesn't do anything special. JMO

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    If we're going to be totally fair, 90% of his pass completions were extended hand offs, and his 2 touchdowns were because of YAC. He made some good decisions to throw balls away when necessary and didn't turn the ball over. Good job there.

His scrambling is like watching someone playing frogger. 2 steps forward, 2 steps backwards, 2 steps sideways.

I haven't watched a UL game this year and didn't think, man, If we only had their QB.

He doesn't do anything great, but he also doesn't do anything special. JMO
    I honestly don't care if we throw the deep ball or not. I don't care if we get yards after the catch. He's effective. He's making much better decisions from earlier in the year. He's progressed as the season has gone on.

And, nearly every time someone gives him praise, someone is going to say, Yeah but....

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    46 yarder

Good thing he spent all that time in the weight room getting his leg stronger.
    You mean developing that muscle memory right?

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    When Levis turns around and runs backwards 3 times it drives me crazy.
    It looked like the offensive line couldn't protect him and he was forced to scramble a lot in the first 1/2. Was the line missing anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I just got home from the game. Glad I took my last emergency gumbo out of the freezer before I left. It sure did taste good. I guess I need to make some more.
    You an I are in the same boat. My sweet wife thought of me and took out the gumbo. After a big bowl and reading all the RP comments with one last beer I was ready for some bed time.......all is good....and for those who remember the cotton candy man, I was delivered a big surprise. While going through the tail gate with my cart, low and behold, I heard a "hey Frank" from a ghost, and there was the Cotton Candy Man....He was dead for several years but came back to life....what a surprise to see him. He has been back in Lafayette since 2006 and doing the cotton candy only for Mardi gras down town......

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I’m excited about winning this game. But we cannot play this undisciplined against Coastal.

I’m sure Coach Napier will work out the kinks for the next few days before heading to Conway.
    All this time between games due to playing the midweek games, I think, has a lot to do with this. It's great for healing guys up but it sucks for maintaining rhythm.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I will say this Defense is the most well coached unit on this team ... not even close
    I've been saying this all year. I can't believe what coach Roberts has done with this group. They looked absolutely horrible to start last year and they rounded them into a decent unit and IMO, without a lot of talent. This unit has been consistent all year and that's without a ton of talent on the DL to help the pass rush.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information