Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G8: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas State

At times we looked like a team that had not played in over 2 weeks. It got better as the game progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    At times we looked like a team that had not played in over 2 weeks. It got better as the game progressed.
    I dint think I you have to worry about this team making half time adjustments. Just off the top of my head, with the exception of the App game, our second half performance has out scored the first in every game. It looking at stats, but Ohio, Liberty, Miss State, stAte, g south we looked better in the second half.

Just some thoughts: Coastal looks like an out of shape team. Their front line looks like ours before Nap took over. If the students like to party in the practice field, shut it down at game time and move it to the stadium. Re: band, Stop playing that earsplitting tune between plays. Oh, and espn+ sucks. Also, ESPNU should not cost extra! It's a scam!

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I just got home from the game. Glad I took my last emergency gumbo out of the freezer before I left. It sure did taste good. I guess I need to make some more.
    Ha. Just did the same thing and enjoyed it a whole bunch.

Was anyone else totally confident that we would win when Stevie hit that 46 yarder?

We (I personally) have been tough on the guy. Not without reason because he hasn’t been good at all. He’d probably tell you that too. But man I cheered when he hit that FG. A little sarcastically because we’ve sat through a lot of misses at home, but that was great to see. Hopefully that gives him some confidence going forward. That looked like a tough kick with the wind blowing and kicking from the far left hash, I think.

I will say this Defense is the most well coached unit on this team ... not even close

I thought that the offense struggled in the first half due to the changes on the offensive line and silly penalties. Once the line gelled they seemed to play better and better. I just wish they would have played more back ups in the fourth quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    I thought that the offense struggled in the first half due to the changes on the offensive line and silly penalties. Once the line gelled they seemed to play better and better. I just wish they would have played more back ups in the fourth quarter.
    Lewis was terrible anything past 5 yards they were stacking the box and taking away the short routes ..

Defense kept forcing 3 and outs is a huge reason we won

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Lewis was terrible anything past 5 yards they were stacking the box and taking away the short routes ..

Defense kept forcing 3 and outs is a huge reason we won
    Coastal will do the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Coastal will do the same thing
    Everyone here on out will

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Everyone here on out will
    Agreed. Everyone is gonna rush Levi and force him to beat them deep.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Agreed. Everyone is gonna rush Levi and force him to beat them deep.
    When Levis turns around and runs backwards 3 times it drives me crazy.

I have to be honest. I would not have been in attendance tonight if my son had not wanted to go. I had beers I had Rib eyes I had Espn+. Had I known Ragas would not have played that may have sealed the deal for me. Glad we went. E Mitchell got to let himself shine. He has all the tools . Power speed and burst. Hopfully we can appreciate this.

I've always said that the biggest different between the high ranking recruits / players and the kids that UL gets is not the skill or physical ability they bring. Instead its football intelligence. Some of these kids just play stupid and act like thugs between plays. Gotta clean up this mess. Despite the win the Cajuns embarrassed the school this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    I've always said that the biggest different between the high ranking recruits / players and the kids that UL gets is not the skill or physical ability they bring. Instead its football intelligence. Some of these kids just play stupid and act like thugs between plays. Gotta clean up this mess. Despite the win the Cajuns embarrassed the school this evening.
    The personal fouls were dumb, but in my opinion not malicious. I’m not sure what you saw. One offsetting foul tonight. I think it was on a punt, I saw Napier walk right out to the guilty Cajun player and have about a 1.5 minute, one one one convo with that guy. This was on the field during a break with no one within 15 yards of them.

I would not be embarrassed for any other reason besides they had too many penalties .

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information