Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G8: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    I went through all the games to see which QB played better. Other than App and Miss St I thought Levi outplayed them all. Did you really wish Vitt was our QB during the TX st game? If so, one of us is missing something.
    I would agree. I honestly didn't see much of the game due to other engagements I had to attend but rewatched it this morning and I don't know what some of you are talking about. There are some on here who just dislike Lewis. It's as simple as that. I thought he made the throws he needed to. He just wasn't given a lot of opportunities to air it out. The deep ball he threw to Leblanc in the first quarter got eaten up by the 20 mph head wind. Outside of that, I saw some good passes to Bell and Williams to name a few and the TD pass to Calais was on the money. Some guys will not be happy as long as he is the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    That's my fear and the reality we have seen our offense crumble against better teams

Sad part we would have a legit shot to be 8-0 right now with the inside track to the cotton bowl we were only missing a QB
    BS. Lewis did not kill us in the game against App. Our OL could not hold the line and he was constantly under pressure. They beat us at every individual matchup and that's partially just scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Calais was effective and Lewis had MANY opportunities to hit receivers for TDs.
    Can you name the many times he had chances to hit receivers for TD's that weren't actually hit for TD's?

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    I'm not gonna say he has improved. I think the coaching staff has done a fantastic job protecting his shortcomings after the Mississippi State game. All you're gonna get from him is a bunch of dump off passes, WR screens, and the occasional 50/50 ball to Bradley. With our defense and run game this year, I suppose that's good enough to win most games. Just don't expect to beat good teams without the ability to throw the ball down field.
    You obviously missed the nice slant to Bell and the really nice deep out to Jalen Williams into the wind.

That's my fear and the reality we have seen our offense crumble against better teams

Sad part we would have a legit shot to be 8-0 right now with the inside track to the cotton bowl we were only missing a QB
    We had a shot to be 8-0 with Levi. We did t get it done. As a team, they did not get it done. You can’t single out a few plays the Levi did or didn’t make in those games and say without a doubt that those are what decided the game. The guy is having a good season. He isn’t Joe Burrow but he is playing pretty good football and he’s not giving it away to the other team. We need to appreciate the team we have and not the team we could have if we had a blue chip QB.

6. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Can you name the many times he had chances to hit receivers for TD's that weren't actually hit for TD's?
    Actually I can. Off the top of my head, the 15 yard out to Williams that he over threw by 10 yards on third down. Other than the throw that you mentioned, he missed Pete 2 other times, WIDE ___ OPEN down the field. He missed Bam on a crossing route (and not the one that he was double covered later in the game) where he just flat over threw him. He had Williams again on a drag early in the third quarter, perfect pocket for like 6 seconds and as soon as someone breathed on him, he started running backwards. There are other times where I can give a minor critique, but some are hell bent on this guy being awesome.

Serious question: When people say things like "some won't be happy as long as he's QB", do you guys really mean that? Do you really believe that fans WANT to kill a player, and that makes them happy? Just from own personal experience watching games with others that played and coached at the D1 level, they mostly agree with the folks that see limitations. People aren't making this stuff up.

The truth of the matter is, he's as good as we have right now. Take from that what you will.

8. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    The truth of the matter is, he's as good as we have right now. Take from that what you will.
    No question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    That's misleading. Truth of the matter is we've only had one bad offensive game this season, and that was against App. We've scored at least 28 points in every other game, including an SEC team.

Levi's not great, but he's not nearly as bad as many people here would have you believe.
    He also turnes it over 4 times in the Mississippi state game and App state game the pocket was clean it was when he rolled out is where he was pushed down

Actually I can. Off the top of my head, the 15 yard out to Williams that he over threw by 10 yards on third down. Other than the throw that you mentioned, he missed Pete 2 other times, WIDE ___ OPEN down the field. He missed Bam on a crossing route (and not the one that he was double covered later in the game) where he just flat over threw him. He had Williams again on a drag early in the third quarter, perfect pocket for like 6 seconds and as soon as someone breathed on him, he started running backwards. There are other times where I can give a minor critique, but some are hell bent on this guy being awesome.

Serious question: When people say things like "some won't be happy as long as he's QB", do you guys really mean that? Do you really believe that fans WANT to kill a player, and that makes them happy? Just from own personal experience watching games with others that played and coached at the D1 level, they mostly agree with the folks that see limitations. People aren't making this stuff up.
    I do feel that sometimes people have a need to feel right about a particular person that feel a certain way about. If you don't agree, watch the next time someone gives Levi credit for something. It will be immediately me with " Yeah but ". I don't recall misses to Jackson or the throw over Williams head. I'll go back and look. He only attempted 21 passes and hit 13 of them. He had about 4-5 throwaways so he only missed a couple. Like I said, the only ball I remember him throwing Leblanc was the deep pass that the 20 mph wind ate up. If you want to be upset, maybe call out the coach for calling the play in those conditions or wait until the second quarter when the wind is with us.

Of course I think that everyone wants to win but the minute things don't go well on offense, he's going to get the criticism whether its warranted or not.

He also turnes it over 4 times in the Mississippi state game and App state game the pocket was clean it was when he rolled out is where he was pushed down
    We already talked about the turnovers in that game. Two of them were not on him. Get over it man.

He had eight incompletions and four of them were throwaways. I don't think your math adds up here.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We already talked about the turnovers in that game. Two of them were not on him. Get over it man.
    Lmao why are you trying to defend him so heavily most of us have eyes we see that he is a borderline Swac QB .. It's ok Hudspeth was terrible at identifying QB talent it's nothing on Napier he has dealt a crap hand at QB

14. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 31, Texas State 3

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    He had eight incompletions and four of them were throwaways. I don't think your math adds up here.
    I mentioned two incomplete passes in that comment.

Just because he throws the ball out of bounds doesn't mean it's always a "smart" play. And just because a pass is not complete doesn't mean the correct play was made. If we can't stretch the field, we will not beat better teams. He missed Peter and Jalen (and I think Bradley two, but I can't remember for sure) multiple times.

I agree. I see the same types of statements when the state of the basketball program is mentioned. I would hope that we don’t have fans that would rather watch us lose for fun. At the same time, I highly doubt that the ones raising the questions are just “picking on” the stated entity.

Levi is what he is. He’s elusive. He’s great on the short throw especially on a rollout. And the team rallies around him. Sometimes, I notice he misses open receivers. It happens. But he’s helped us get to a 6-2 record. And I’m good with that.

But I’ll say this. It’s ok if some people see his shortcomings at times. It’s not the end of the world if I get mad that he missed an open receiver on a play. But I will give him credit if he makes up for it a few plays later with a touchdown pass. The kid is not perfect, but he’s not as bad as some claim on here.

Basically, everyone just breathe and enjoy the ride.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information