1 1.19%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Rate the job Dr. Maggard is doing

1. Default Rate the job Dr. Maggard is doing

Bryan Maggard, Ph.D. was hired as Louisiana Athletic Director in the beginning of 2017.

A lot has transpired since then. Lots of changes and unforeseen occurances.

Rate how well of a job Dr. Brian Maggard has done to date looking back and the pieces he has put in place moving forward.

Default Re: Rate The Job Dr. Maggard is Doing

On a scale from 1 to better?

3. Default Re: Rate The Job Dr. Maggard is Doing

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    On a scale from 1 to better?
    10 is the Best

7-8/10

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Bryan Maggard, Ph.D. was hired as Louisiana Athletic Director in the beginning of 2017.

A lot has transpired since then. Lots of changes and unforeseen occurances.

Rate how well of a job Dr. Brian Maggard has done to date looking back and the pieces he has put in place moving forward.

On scale of 1 to 10, 9!!

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    On scale of 1 to 10, 9!!
    I’d be curious to hear what folks think he has not done well.

I would say a 9.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    You going to ask the Lotief Loyalists?

I have no idea

Under his watch the game day/tailgating/student involvement plummeted. He has done things this year to rectify that situation, but that was a major screw up that alienated casual fans. Also, even though we have superior facilities to the rest of the SBC we are still not the top athletic school. Overall our programs sit about the same as they did 5 years ago. Some are better some worse.
    His record to new hires has been nothing short of impressive. I would rate a solid 7/8 in job performance, with room for improvement. I am looking for three things. More NCAA births, completion of the master plan and getting us into a better regional conference. Doing 2 of those 3 gets him a 10.

I don't know how anyone could have done a better job up to this point in time . the job he inherited was worst than what was sold to him in the interview I would wager. Plus the things he had to deal with has been incredible. He has been both aggressive and responsive. He has reached out to connect with our past players. To be honest our past players have not wanted/felt welcomed to come back before he arrived. His hires have been more than what most wanted but didnt expect was possible. Cant say for sure but I would guess he has been increasing our relationships with AAC AD's as well as AD's around the country for scheduling. Solid 10 rating. Simply put He has controlled what he has control over as best as someone can.

hasn't dumped marlin. i gave a 7.

but 8 was also in play.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    I don't know how anyone could have done a better job up to this point in time. the job he inherited was worst than what was sold to him in the interview I would wager. Plus the things he had to deal with has been incredible. He has been both aggressive and responsive. He has reached out to connect with our past players. To be honest our past players have not wanted/felt welcomed to come back before he arrived. His hires have been more than what most wanted but didnt expect was possible. Cant say for sure but I would guess he has been increasing our relationships with AAC AD's as well as AD's around the country for scheduling. Solid 10 rating. Simply put He has controlled what he has control over as best as someone can.
    Exactly. I mean, he's been here 2 years and was faced with some real serious issues when he arrivedand he's tackled most of them very well.
    When ranking him we should keep in mind where we were in 2017 -vs- today. To not rank him a 10 because we have gotten every single we need/want is wrong.
    Plus, the things he tried to do but weren’t very successful he corrected very quickly. At least he’s tryingand willing to admit his failures, fix them and keep moving.

Exactly. I mean, he's been here 2 years and was faced with some real serious issues when he arrivedand he's tackled most of them very well.
    When ranking him we should keep in mind where we were in 2017 -vs- today. To not rank him a 10 because we have gotten every single we need/want is wrong.
    Plus, the things he tried to do but weren’t very successful he corrected very quickly. At least he’s tryingand willing to admit his failures, fix them and keep moving.
    That's the best thing about him. The man seems to not have an ego. I don't think ANYONE else could have done a better job thus far.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information