0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rate the job Dr. Maggard is doing

Default Re: Rate The Job Dr. Maggard is Doing

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Completely understand. I also know this will be a HUGE undertaking as there are multiple issues with this.
    Yeah, I just want to reassure everyone that the wheels are turning behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Yeah, I just want to reassure everyone that the wheels are turning behind the scenes.
    That's great to know. Any way you could give us some kind of timeframe on results/phases?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    That's great to know. Any way you could give us some kind of timeframe on results/phases?
    Given the history of this site with “I know something you don’t know”, it would be great if he did.

4. Default Re: Rate The Job Dr. Maggard is Doing

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Given the history of this site with "I know something you don't know", it would be great if he did.
    Knowbody really no’s.

Given the history of this site with “I know something you don’t know”, it would be great if he did.
    Oh come on. You know it’s very important for the important in the know people to have important intel as to what’s going on, and it’s inportant they let us know that have that info to reassure us, but they can’t reveal what it is.

Because it’s too important.

Default Re: Rate the job Dr. Maggard is doing

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Oh come on. You know it's very important for the important in the know people to have important intel as to what's going on, and it's inportant they let us know that have that info to reassure us, but they can't reveal what it is.

Because it's too important.
    I much rather we keep this close to the chest until we get this 100% right THE FIRST TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I much rather we keep this close to the chest until we get this 100% right THE FIRST TIME!
    Pics of a soccer stadium modified for mixed-use should be coming shortly.

Oh come on. You know it's very important for the important in the know people to have important intel as to what's going on, and it's inportant they let us know that have that info to reassure us, but they can't reveal what it is.

Many, many, many moons ago, I was very close to people in the athletic department and the "Ragin Cajun Club" where it could have been claimed I was "in the know". I now know unless it actually happens, I know those who claimed to know didn't know.

Like Cajun Field renovations. What I knew then and have seen now shows that I was not "in the know" and the only thing I knew was my colon was inflated with hot carbon monoxide. It is ironic we have an AD from Missouri, "The Show Me State". In no way am I disparging Maggard. But when it comes to USL/UL athletic infrastructure dreams, I believe things when I see them.

I'm sure I'm not alone, there are some of us older guys that thought "took 30 freaking years" when the SEZ received seating. Still waiting on the NEZ. I understand, that was several ADs ago.

Beleive things when you see them. Remember, the dome was suppose to be a 20k seat arena where Bourgeois is.

9. Default Re: Rate the job Dr. Maggard is doing

Many, many, many moons ago, I was very close to people in the athletic department and the "Ragin Cajun Club" where it could have been claimed I was "in the know". I now know unless it actually happens, I know those who claimed to know didn't know.

Like Cajun Field renovations. What I knew then and have seen now shows that I was not "in the know" and the only thing I knew was my colon was inflated with hot carbon monoxide. It is ironic we have an AD from Missouri, "The Show Me State". In no way am I disparging Maggard. But when it comes to USL/UL athletic infrastructure dreams, I believe things when I see them.

I'm sure I'm not alone, there are some of us older guys that thought "took 30 freaking years" when the SEZ received seating. Still waiting on the NEZ. I understand, that was several ADs ago.

Beleive things when you see them. Remember, the dome was suppose to be a 20k seat arena where Bourgeois is.
    Moral: You know when the answer is NO. NO one ever really KNOWS.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Moral: You know when the answer is NO. NO one ever really KNOWS.
    Yep, the answer is no.

Well, given how ESPN and the Big East changed the landscape of college basketball, it would appear a 20k arena would have been a bigger boondoggle than the dome.

I would bet the farm Maggard when the final plans come out for CF, consideration will be given for the future of P-5 football and how that will impact G-5 or whatever it will be called.

Just one note about volleyball. They've improved considerably from last year. They are in second place in the West division and, unlike last year, will be in the tournament. Granted, the West is weaker than the East (unlike last year), but they are playing much better down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    No. I don’t mean to be one of those guys who brags about knowing then doesn’t tell anyone. I hate when people do that here. But out of respect for everyone involved including Maggard — its just not my place to say.

I’ll just say I’m pleasantly surprised with what they have on the table but they still have a lot of work to do to make it happen. Things are definitely moving in the right direction though.

And this is the other reason I don’t want to say anything. I can assure you the plans today will change many more times before we see the final product, so I wouldn’t be telling you anything concrete anyway.

So just to recap, my super secret insider scoop is: they’re working on it.

You’re welcome for the amazing insight ;-)

I honestly do not understand people who demand to know all the details. I feel partial information is better than none at all, I don't need know to EVERYTHING and appreciate when people pass on tidbits of information.

I am happy to hear the wheels are turning regarding a stadium upgrade. I am sure this process is in the beginning phases and there is no 100% confirmed information to relay.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    they are downsizing their stadiums and have one of the lowest paid coach in the P5 . they could careless about sports nowdays
    SEC screwed the pooch on that one.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information