Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Coaches salaries

Default Re: Coaches salaries

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I don't know which is worse Taggart making 5 mill a year or Jimmy making 7 .5 mill

Other than Notre Dame and a few AAC schools almost everyone is grossly overpaid. You know the situation is horrible when you start to think Coach O is underpaid. What a completely broken system.

If I'm Jimbo Fisher I find a reason to get rid of all my starters and depend strictly on the 12th man scheme.then I take that 60 million he gets from the buyout clause and retire to someplace without football :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    If I'm Jimbo Fisher I find a reason to get rid of all my starters and depend strictly on the 12th man scheme.then I take that 60 million he gets from the buyout clause and retire to someplace without football :-)
    You may be on to something. Alabama, Clemson and LSU could spread their coaching trees to all of the desperate universities trying to catch them. The coaches could then lose, take all the money from the desperate schools and then go back to coaching at their original school. This would be a great way for them to stay on top while decimating their rivals.

You guys understand how buyouts work, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Yep View Post
    You guys understand how buyouts work, right?
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Other than Notre Dame and a few AAC schools almost everyone is grossly overpaid. You know the situation is horrible when you start to think Coach O is underpaid. What a completely broken system.
    Each Big 12 school making $38.8M/year from their football TV deal
    Each SEC school making $43.1M/year from their football TV deal
    Each Big 10 school making $54M/year from their football TV deal

Yes, the system is broken, but if the AD's weren't paying 'market pricing' then they wouldn't have a job, because they wouldn't be seen as trying to win or tanking to make the most money for the university. Not all bad, unless when the existing contracts are up in a couple of years, and you get dropped from a conference because you don't add value and the gravy train stops.

9. Default Re: Coaches salaries

Again I don’t understand how you gonna say that Bama, Clemson, and Oklahoma coaches are overpaid. I don’t know what your thinking is with regards to pay? You pay whatever the market will bear. The only question is are you getting what you paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Again I don’t understand how you gonna say that Bama, Clemson, and Oklahoma coaches are overpaid. I don’t know what your thinking is with regards to pay? You pay whatever the market will bear. The only question is are you getting what you paid for.
    Saban, Sweeny and Riley are definitely not overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Saban, Sweeny and Riley are definitely not overpaid.
    College football is a farm system for the NFL, yet they are compensated similarly. The offenses and defenses are not as sophisticated and recruiting footprint matters more than coaching for the elite teams. None of those guys you mentioned could keep an NFL job for more than 5 years. Also, because of NCAA rules regarding practice and player contact, they don't even have to work as hard as their NFL counterparts. Lastly, college sports is the only business where an employee makes more than the President/CEO.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Coaches salaries

College football is a farm system for the NFL, yet they are compensated similarly. The offenses and defenses are not as sophisticated and recruiting footprint matters more than coaching for the elite teams. None of those guys you mentioned could keep an NFL job for more than 5 years. Also, because of NCAA rules regarding practice and player contact, they don't even have to work as hard as their NFL counterparts. Lastly, college sports is the only business where an employee makes more than the President/CEO.
    You have obviously never been involved in collegiate athletics if you honestly believe that college coaches dont work as hard as their pro sport counterparts. The 20 hour week that they can spend with players is perhaps 1/3 of their workload, and the job is year round, not seasonal.

There are also lots of people outside of collegiate athletics whose earnings are more than the people who are above them in the corporate chain of command. My sister's son in law took a significant pay cut when he was promoted from a point of sale management position to COO of the nationwide company he works for. My daughter took a pay cut to become a manager for the NOLA restaurant group she was working for at the time. I am certain they are not the only two people out there with similar experiences.

13. Default Re: Coaches salaries

I can’t find one thing in this post that is accurate and/or can be backed by fact.

I have not, but I have spoken to a couple of Saints coaches and scouts who have done both and they say the pendulum has swung in favor of college work. The salaries have skyrocketed in the past 10 years while texting and the internet have allowed them to do a lot of their work from home or even the golf course as one coach told me.
    Also, the NFL pushing back the draft has put even more weeks of work on the coaches schedule.

LSU has a coach who would be hard pressed to win 4 games a year in the NFL while he makes just as much as his NFL counterparts. Further proof of what I am saying is some young Saints assistant coach comes to LSU and now is viewed as an offensive genius. Moving forward I think you will see more NFL assistant coach’s and NFL castoffs tap into the runaway money train that is D1 football.

I have not, but I have spoken to a couple of Saints coaches and scouts who have done both and they say the pendulum has swung in favor of college work. The salaries have skyrocketed in the past 10 years while texting and the internet have allowed them to do a lot of their work from home or even the golf course as one coach told me.
    Also, the NFL pushing back the draft has put even more weeks of work on the coaches schedule.

LSU has a coach who would be hard pressed to win 4 games a year in the NFL while he makes just as much as his NFL counterparts. Further proof of what I am saying is some young Saints assistant coach comes to LSU and now is viewed as an offensive genius. Moving forward I think you will see more NFL assistant coach’s and NFL castoffs tap into the runaway money train that is D1 football.
    How in the ____ do you know how many games O would win in the NFL?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information