Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Coaches salaries

Default Re: Coaches salaries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Did you, like I did, do a serious evaluation of the typical household income based on insurance value, size, quality residence ? I don't know what's transpired over almost two decades, but in those days it was not close.

My point in bringing this up is to have a little push back about the constant poor economy excuses.

I'll admit that the Good Hands customers in NE Arkansas weren't nearly as claim savy as a typical Louisiana insured.
    The administration, coaches, and team are working hard to move the program forward despite our economic concerns. I am simply pointing out that the economy is a challenge we will need to overcome in our goal of being a program that can compete for a New Years 6 bowl slot. Does not mean we can't overcome it but we need to recognize it. Recall the guy who said that the lack of money in the town as evidenced by Coach Hud's house not selling may be a reason Napier leaves earlier than we would like.

2. Default Re: Coaches salaries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The administration, coaches, and team are working hard to move the program forward despite our economic concerns. I am simply pointing out that the economy is a challenge we will need to overcome in our goal of being a program that can compete for a New Years 6 bowl slot. Does not mean we can't overcome it but we need to recognize it. Recall the guy who said that the lack of money in the town as evidenced by Coach Hud's house not selling may be a reason Napier leaves earlier than we would like.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...m/amp/22612385

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonesboro,_Arkansas

So I’m comparing two SBC regions. Not even close Lafayette/Acadiana exceeding Jonesboro, Ark in every way imaginable and yet they’re getting it done. I respect the hell outta Maggard but he’s got so much more to work with than stAte has. Let’s support our AD without the crutches we’ve been hearing recently.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...m/amp/22612385

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonesboro,_Arkansas

So I'm comparing two SBC regions. Not even close Lafayette/Acadiana exceeding Jonesboro, Ark in every way imaginable and yet they're getting it done. I respect the hell outta Maggard but he's got so much more to work with than stAte has. Let's support our AD without the crutches we've been hearing recently.
    We have beaten Arkansas State quite frequently in recent years and our program is ahead of theirs at this time. The AD himself knows the economy is an issue in our goals. Note our goals are pretty high these days.

.... I am simply pointing out that the economy is a challenge we will need to overcome in our goal of being a program that can compete for a New Years 6 bowl slot....
    We are a handful of plays away, this season, from being in the same position App is right now, competing for a NY6 Bowl slot.

Boise made the Fiesta with a 19 mil budget. Wal Mart Brand MAC schools have made the Access Bowl. There is no magical budget number required to do this.

5. Default Re: Coaches salaries

Just saw a graphic on the UH/SMU game. SMU, it seems, team includes 31 transfers. Not sure what it means, but that’s a lotta new players to get into their program.

6. Default Re: Coaches salaries

We have beaten Arkansas State quite frequently in recent years and our program is ahead of theirs at this time. The AD himself knows the economy is an issue in our goals. Note our goals are pretty high these days.
    Agreed. I was just considering how successful they’ve been at rebuilding their football stadium. I hear it all the time on ESPN 1420 so it must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Refresh my memory. Are the structural issues only on the double deck side? If so, why not fill in the NEZ to match the SEZ and put a small upper deck on the student side as the next phase. Then, when we are ready to tear down the upper deck and deal with the structural issues, we will have the seats in place to accommodate the fans during construction. Wasn't the SEZ project about $4m? The NEZ should be about that or a little more expensive. This phase would be far less expensive than the entire project and help solve some stadium issues now. Yes, we need suites and a new press box, but this could possibly be affordable now and as we continue to win and build more support, we can go the the final critical stage. Now, if the student side also has structural issues, just start with the NEZ. Also, perhaps the university needs to invest in the stadium as it does with campus buildings to help kick this off. Seems better than doing nothing until we get private funding for the whole project and who knows when that will happen. We need to show some movement towards a development plan that will make a statement to fans and prospective conferences.
    I had heard Maggard say on an interview that the student side does have underlying issues, and it’s going to be necessary to fix those when that side is done with the later phase.

Two UL grads are THE CEO's of two large and respected consumer brands in the state. Tabasco and Camillia Brand beans....one brand is world wide, the other is strong regionally, looking to distribute its product nationally...missed opportunities?

9. Default Re: Coaches salaries

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Two UL grads are THE CEO's of two large and respected consumer brands in the state. Tabasco and Camillia Brand beans....one brand is world wide, the other is strong regionally, looking to distribute its product nationally...missed opportunities?
    Hire Lenny Lemoine (again), find out what the naming rights would cost in the average market, subtract it from the construction cost of the new stadium, and viola, Lemoine Family Stadium at CajunField. Construction is the next industry that will pop across the country (especially in LA if this Rispone cat get's elected). We already have a great relationship with the Lemoine Company. Why not?

Math made easy, but I have to ding you for using viola, instead of voila !!

Seriously, I know it isn't quite this easy, but MAT is right, the concept is really this easy. Why does everyone love and think Dr Maggard is the best? It isn't because he comes up with great ideas (that is the easy part), it is about execution.

We finally have a guy running things that can, and does, execute them, pretty darn well. Keep feeding him ideas and let him find ways to execute them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information